C/RW Jonatan Berggren - Skelleftea, SWE JRs (2018, 33rd, DET)

Bozek J

Nov 21, 2017
Okey guys, can someone tell me how good this kid can be?. so fun to watch him :)

Reactions: Ola

Bozek J

Nov 21, 2017
Berggrens show in the game vs Slovakia is so insane... This guy shud be in the first round :)

Reactions: Ola

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He should be a 1st rounder. There are not 31 prospects in this draft better or more talented than Berggren.

Button was adamant after he scored his 2nd goal today that he is being undervalued: ''He will be better than a lot of players taken ahead of him.''

Habs have 35 and 38. Would love to grab him. I am quite skeptical he will be there at this point...

Reactions: Zaddy

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Button was adamant after he scored his 2nd goal today that he is being undervalued: ''He will be better than a lot of players taken ahead of him.''

Habs have 35 and 38. Would love to grab him. I am quite skeptical he will be there at this point...

Yeah, I’ve said this all along.

But who knows, someone could be high on him. Put him head to head against someone like Farabee, their strengths differ some but overall the sum is equal IMO.

And the thing is — I don’t think Berggren is a good player, who plays a style that might face some challenges translating to the NHL. I think it’s the complete opposite. It’s a subjective opinion, but I would even venture to say that Berggrens style is the one style that transfers the best to the NHL right now.

Like compare Joel Eriksson Ek to Jesper Bratt. I love JEE as a player. 6’2, fast, strong, solid hands, good shot. Perfect attitude. Jesper Bratt is a small speedster who plays a smart game and got solid top end abilities. JB D+1 more than doubles JEEs D+3 numbers. AND — Bratts overall game, defensively, 2-way game, even some PKing, is being raved about by the NJD community.

Last edited:

Bozek J

Nov 21, 2017
Berggren makes playes every time he touch the puck right now? HOPE Berggren gets some love! My favourite swedish forward right now!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Seems like Lundestrom hype has really died.

Is the consensus now Berggren, Gustafsson > Lundestrom ?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Seems like Lundestrom hype has really died.

Is the consensus now Berggren, Gustafsson > Lundestrom ?

Berggren over Lundeström for sure. Gustavsson is a superior player to Lundeström in basically every regard but his skating could hold him back a lot, leaning towards Gustavsson still. Lundeström is not a player that would excite me, even if my team picked him in the 7th round. Can't picture him becoming more than a depth player.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Berggren over Lundeström for sure. Gustavsson is a superior player to Lundeström in basically every regard but his skating could hold him back a lot, leaning towards Gustavsson still. Lundeström is not a player that would excite me, even if my team picked him in the 7th round. Can't picture him becoming more than a depth player.
Oh and I forgot about Olofsson. Where do you see him in relation to these guys?

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

Wut?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Berggren has had a fantastic year and is one of the draft’s top riders. He’s a puck magnet, has great hands, can skate side to side well, and knows how to score. I’ve had him late 1st round all year but I think the secret is out. Berggren could easily end up in the top 20 of this draft and that’s where I have him, right at 20.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
He was my sleeper who I wanted the Leafs to take at 25 but more and more I’m hearing his name talked about the less I think he will still be there at that spot. The kid has amazing patience and puck skills

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
I've got him at 16; I think his game meshes so well with the way the NHL is going.

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I agree with the last 4 or 5 posters. I'm not sure how he could last past 20. Berggren is electric.

Yet somehow, most public rankings don't have him quite that high. The usual best indicator, McKenzie, has him at #38. It's perplexing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad