Proposal: Detroit - Montreal

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I think Detroit can get a better fit if they're trading the 15th.

Nothing against the players, but Detroit has a lot of up and coming LHD, and middle 6 centers.

---

In getting Matheson;

Detroit's Left side is:

Walman
Matheson
Chariot
Maatta
Edvinsson

Even if Chariot goes on the right, that's a lot of money tied up for a couple years while the rookies are breaking out.

Reactions: Blueston

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I think Detroit can get a better fit if they're trading the 15th.

Nothing against the players, but Detroit has a lot of up and coming LHD, and middle 6 centers.

---

In getting Matheson;

Detroit's Left side is:

Walman
Matheson
Chariot
Maatta
Edvinsson

Even if Chariot goes on the right, that's a lot of money tied up for a couple years while the rookies are breaking out.
Aside from Edvinsson, who's still a rookie/prospect that's a little weak and Matheson would easily be the top LD.

That said, it doesn't really matter as from all reports the Habs want to be "competitive" this season, so trading for futures and a crap goalie doesn't really fit.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Aside from Edvinsson, who's still a rookie/prospect that's a little weak and Matheson would easily be the top LD.

That said, it doesn't really matter as from all reports the Habs want to be "competitive" this season, so trading for futures and a crap goalie doesn't really fit.
Agreed.

Matheson would be the top LHD, but the term would be the problem.

Reactions: Astyanax

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
"Value" isn't great for Montreal - giving up a top-4LD, a quality prospect (if not one projected to produce points) and taking on a bad contract, for a single middle of the 1st pick.

That being said, I don't see why Detroit does this. They are set on D and doing well with their rebuild. I don't see Matheson as any great need.

Dvorak for a 3d might make more sense.

iago

Apr 2, 2024
Montreal
15 OA pick
Ville Husso (1 year cap dump)

Detroit
Mike Matheson
Owen Beck
Nope - I don't think this trade works for either team,

I can't imagine Montreal has any interest in Husso, nor Detroit for Matheson. Montreal doesn't need a mediocre goalie, and Detroit doesn't need a LD.
I think you overvalued Matheson, and undervalue Edvinsson.
If Detroit does trade for a defenseman, it will be a RD, not a LD.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Matheson alone should bring back a mid first rounder if he was available, no way I'm bundling Beck with that.

Maybe for the 10th pick, I'd slightly consider that but I do see a drop off by 11 personally to knock the value down

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Matheson is a fine defender and this probably favours Detroit to a certain degree but I’d rather not make this trade as a Wings fan. And I doubt many Montreal fans find it agreeable.

Reactions: norrisnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad