C Noah Östlund - Djurgardens IF J20, J20 Nationell (2022, 16th, BUF)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I doubt they’d rush him into that spot too. But…they did go 7 D last game and the guy he’d be effectively replacing is Pekaj…which…he could do. Unless the week off gets someone healthy.

Makes me want them to win on Friday to see what happens next round even more though…I’ll tell you that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I doubt they’d rush him into that spot too. But…they did go 7 D last game and the guy he’d be effectively replacing is Pekaj…which…he could do. Unless the week off gets someone healthy.

Makes me want them to win on Friday to see what happens next round even more though…I’ll tell you that.

Pekar didn't play in game four and they went with 7 defense per Appert due to guys being banged up on the blueline. Maybe he gets in, but in a deciding game, I would be surprised if they introduced him to the AHL in a series deciding game.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Pekar didn't play in game four and they went with 7 defense per Appert due to guys being banged up on the blueline. Maybe he gets in, but in a deciding game, I would be surprised if they introduced him to the AHL in a series deciding game.
Especially after two pretty dominant wins, can't see them changing a thing unless it's out of absolute necessity.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Especially after two pretty dominant wins, can't see them changing a thing unless it's out of absolute necessity.
Wait what? If you can improve your lineup, you do it. I'm not saying Ostlund would definitely improve the lineup right now because there are a lot of factors we aren't aware of but winning a couple games wouldn't stop them if they thought they'd be better with him on the ice how's that for a run on sentence.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Wait what? If you can improve your lineup, you do it. I'm not saying Ostlund would definitely improve the lineup right now because there are a lot of factors we aren't aware of but winning a couple games wouldn't stop them if they thought they'd be better with him on the ice how's that for a run on sentence.
It’s ambiguous at best whether inserting a 19yo rookie who has never played a minute of North American hockey into a deciding playoff game in a professional men’s league would improve the team one iota. Because it’s ambiguous, it isn’t something they would or should do.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It’s ambiguous at best whether inserting a 19yo rookie who has never played a minute of North American hockey into a deciding playoff game in a professional men’s league would improve the team one iota. Because it’s ambiguous, it isn’t something they would or should do.
Ambiguous to you. That's my point. It's probably mostly about Ostlund and there's a lot of factors; jet lag, practice, system understanding...
We do know that the organizational trend is to continue challenging players and again, if you can improve your lineup at any point, you do it.

You're arguing that it wouldn't improve the lineup and frankly there's just no way of you knowing that unless you have conversations with Noah and the coaching staff.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Like many fans, looking forward to seeing how he does head to head against Lekkerimaki

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Östlund is a waay more skilled player than Backlund ever was. I see Jesper Bratt as a decent comparison.

That's fair although Backlund translated his game flawlessly to the NHL. I'd be happy if Ostlund became a Mikael Backlund. I can't wait to see him in North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad