Prospect Info: C Nathan Smith (2018 3rd, 91st overall)

Do you like this pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
What exactly is a PRESEASON player of the year? Like, he's who they think will be the best? Or he's been the best player in the preseason?

Either way it's great, I think.

For some reason American college coaches and/or media find it important to vote on who they think will be the best during the season for their given conference. It makes no sense.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Looks like he was also named to the Preseason all conference team

CCHA announces Preseason All-Conference Team

Guy is winning the preseason if nothing else. Hope he has a monster year and then signs in the offseason. We need more right handed shots in the system.

Surprises everybody(but me) as a sleeper pick, who leaves college in the new year and signs with Jets, formidably moving into Apples old role, 3rd line RW with Lowry & Copp. And he nets 20 goals by season end! Okay, reality check. He refuses to sign with Jets after this college season and signs with Mn Wild!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Surprises everybody(but me) as a sleeper pick, who leaves college in the new year and signs with Jets, formidably moving into Apples old role, 3rd line RW with Lowry & Copp. And he nets 20 goals by season end! Okay, reality check. He refuses to sign with Jets after this college season and signs with Mn Wild!

Have the Jets ever not been able to sign a college kid that they wanted to sign?

It seems our track record is pretty good there.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Have the Jets ever not been able to sign a college kid that they wanted to sign?

It seems our track record is pretty good there.
I think having the moose in the same city is a huge advantage we have that is often underrated by fans.

B. Tanev for example mentioned that as one of his main reasons for signing with us if I'm remembering correctly

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think having the moose in the same city is a huge advantage we have that is often underrated by fans.

B. Tanev for example mentioned that as one of his main reasons for signing with us if I'm remembering correctly

We also tend to develop late round college players decently well and they tend to go on and sign good contracts.

Poolman, Tanev while they left got good dollar deals from their new teams.

Appelton is on his way to getting one and Copp will cash in next year.

Players and agents see this and will want to sign with an org that develops well and isn't afraid to give them a chance.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna

Lots of talk in Vancouver about how moving their AHL franchise to Abbotsford has been a huge draw for ahl/nhl tweeners because of the proximity of the big club.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I thought Abbotsford had a team in the past? Or were they associated with the Flames?

Edit: OK yeah the Abbotsford Heat were the Flames AHL team.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

Little off topic but what a picture of Tanev on Hockey DB.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think folks here were sleeping on this guy. He's grown into a leader now, the kind of players Chevy likes. Depending on how far he goes, could sign to the Moose, or bring him right in, the transition from college is minimal. Jets are looking for a RH talent who can play the PP, and PK. That's in his pedigree.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He should sign after his school year is done. No need for him to even think of going the UFA route. We literally don't have a single right shooting signed forward in the organization other than Wheeler going into next season. The door is wide open for him to make that leap.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
He should sign after his school year is done. No need for him to even think of going the UFA route. We literally don't have a single right shooting signed forward in the organization other than Wheeler going into next season. The door is wide open for him to make that leap.
Didn’t we have a RH winger that scored like crazy at one point?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Crazy how our RW depth went from Laine, Wheeler, Armia, Tanev, Appleton, & Roslovic to a shell of Wheeler. Big oof.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad