C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
How is a shoot first centreman comparable to one of the best playmaking centres?

Oh, is it because they are both tall?

lolwut? Have you watched him play before? I'm curious how often.

I live in Guelph see Erie every time they visit. Strome will be more of a playmaker than a shooter in the NHL no question.

He uses his body well to protect the puck, he's not physical, he has great vision, a great passer, skating is a weakness, a bit slow, and is also tall.

Sounds a lot like Jumbo Joe.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Mark Hunter.

whoa.gif

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
If you were asking that as a 'wtf briere sucks though', Briere had 230 points in 221 games with Buffalo.

Yeah, that was a huge compliment. Briere was a beast in Buffalo his appearance made the Sabres relevant and his departure left them back where they were before, terrible.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
lolwut? Have you watched him play before? I'm curious how often.

I live in Guelph see Erie every time they visit. Strome will be more of a playmaker than a shooter in the NHL no question.

He uses his body well to protect the puck, he's not physical, he has great vision, a great passer, skating is a weakness, a bit slow, and is also tall.

Sounds a lot like Jumbo Joe.
My thoughts exactly.

If you're going to make satirical comments, you better know what you're talking about.

Bps21*

Yeah, that was a huge compliment. Briere was a beast in Buffalo his appearance made the Sabres relevant and his departure left them back where they were before, terrible.

Not only that...an insane playoff performer.

Shwaguy*

I like the Briere comparison a lot actually, I got into hockey in 2005, and while I've always been a Leafs fan, I loved that Sabres team With Briere, Drury in their primes, Thomas Vanek when he was young. Ryan Miller entering his prime and Brian Campbell and an overall deep D-Corps. Since the Leafs weren't making the playoffs I was sad that I didn't get to see them win a cup. That 2006-2007 team was unreal. (Remember when Maxim Afineganov was good?)

Shwaguy*

Briere was pretty damn fast in his time before injuries took their toll wasn't he?

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
I like the Briere comparison a lot actually, I got into hockey in 2005, and while I've always been a Leafs fan, I loved that Sabres team With Briere, Drury in their primes, Thomas Vanek when he was young. Ryan Miller entering his prime and Brian Campbell and an overall deep D-Corps. Since the Leafs weren't making the playoffs I was sad that I didn't get to see them win a cup. That 2006-2007 team was unreal. (Remember when Maxim Afineganov was good?)

That team had so much speed its like they played in fast forward. Also why the Leafs deserve to win the Mclottery more than Buffalo, at least they had those post lockout teams for a few good/great seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad