C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Maybe you havent seen Gagner play enough. He is a non factor 3 out of every 4 games. Is average on the PP and gets outskated 5 on 5. In a 7 game series Gagner would not suffice as the 2nd line center of a cup contender. The Oilers need a big 2C for down the road. Grigorenko has the skill and vision to be a star in the NHL. At worst he can be a 60 point guy who uses his body to protect the puck and feed wingers like Hall, PRV, Ebs and Hartikainen.

I think your definition of "at worst" needs to be retooled, to be honest...

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
I think your definition of "at worst" needs to be retooled, to be honest...

maybe im being a little optimistic but I dont feel like he is the type of guy who will bust competely. Use Viktor Kozlov for example, he didnt turn out as expected but his skill was high enough to net him a 70point season and usually average about 0.65-0.7 ppg a season. Thats kind of where I see Grigorenko at his low end.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Those are #2 Cs on five of the last eight Cup winners.

Sorry Bugg but are you agreeing with me? Not sure what you mean, all those guys are bigger and better than Gagner. Zetterberg might not be much bigger but.... My point is if the Oilers are to make a playoff push in the next 5 years we need a more durable, bigger center behind Hopkins

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Steve Simmons wrote in today’s Sun:

Heard a rather haunting scouting report on highly ranked Mikhail Grigorenko, one of the top players expected to be picked in the NHL Draft. "He's a cross between Nik Antropov and Chad Kilger," the respected scout said. And that, folks, is not a ringing endorsement.

hogtownhabsfan*

Heard a rather haunting scouting report on highly ranked Mikhail Grigorenko, one of the top players expected to be picked in the NHL Draft. "He's a cross between Nik Antropov and Chad Kilger," the respected scout said. And that, folks, is not a ringing endorsement.

Steve Simmons is a tool. He's just trying to depress people. Grigorenko has more skill in his skatelace than either of those guys...

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

The only thing similar between Kilger and Grigorenko is height. Kilger was all speed, no hands, no hockey iq... If you put him down by using another player at least choose another bad player that has remotely the same profile.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

The only thing similar between Kilger and Grigorenko is height. Kilger was all speed, no hands, no hockey iq... If you put him down by using another player at least choose another bad player that has remotely the same profile.

I am not putting him down. I am providing a quote, written by a sport's writer, about Mikhail Grigorenko and the 2012 draft as a whole.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.

I wouldn't put much stock into anything Steve Simmons says. Like Damien Cox, Simmons has made a career out of playing "devil's advocate". He is the type of idiot who would label the prospects of rebuilding teams busts because they aren't superstars within their first couple of seasons, but then criticize the team for trading away their future if they ever dealt one of those same prospects. To put it simply, the man is a professional troll.

My guess is either the quote was from a team outside of the top 3 picks who is hoping Grigorenko falls to them or Simmons simply made up the quote in an attempt to piss on the collective parades of Oilers, Habs and Leafs fans who are looking forward to the draft by not so subtly implying that the top 5 is garbage.

Anybody who watches Grigorenko play and is reminded of Chad Kilger is either a terrible judge of talent or is Chad Kilger himself.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Like how he, in the TORONTO Sun (trash media) of all places, makes reference to Grigorenko using former TML players (vilified ones at that).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I wouldn't put much stock into anything Steve Simmons says. Like Damien Cox, Simmons has made a career out of playing "devil's advocate". He is the type of idiot who would label the prospects of rebuilding teams busts because they aren't superstars within their first couple of seasons, but then criticize the team for trading away their future if they ever dealt one of those same prospects. To put it simply, the man is a professional troll.

My guess is either the quote was from a team outside of the top 3 picks who is hoping Grigorenko falls to them or Simmons simply made up the quote in an attempt to piss on the collective parades of Oilers, Habs and Leafs fans who are looking forward to the draft by not so subtly implying that the top 5 is garbage.

Anybody who watches Grigorenko play and is reminded of Chad Kilger is either a terrible judge of talent or is Chad Kilger himself.

+_1bc39fbcdf7e6420bb93d4a03ae83c37.jpg

that's funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad