C Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
Savoie just had a nice tip goal to make it 3 - 2 Ice, and earlier in the play (about 40 seconds) he made a beautiful read to stop the breakout and keep it in the ozone. Great shift and a well deserved 43rd point!

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Why isn't he eligible for the U18's? He's an 04.

Ah, nevermind...he'll be in the playoffs and probably memorial cup.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
It may be a while before we get to see him rockin a maple leaf in an international game. With the crazies at Hockey Canada there's no guarantee he makes the U20 team next year. and the following year he could be a NHL fulltimer.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
If the Habs are still at the bottom and have a chance at this kid they better not pass because of "small" go BPA !

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
If the Habs are still at the bottom and have a chance at this kid they better not pass because of "small" go BPA !

I mean that is the same team that drafted Caufield :), so there is hope! Plus, Savoie doesn't really play small in my eyes and he's definitely packed on some muscle since last season.

I still think Team Canada is nuts for passing on him and Clarke..

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I mean that is the same team that drafted Caufield :), so there is hope! Plus, Savoie doesn't really play small in my eyes and he's definitely packed on some muscle since last season.

I still think Team Canada is nuts for passing on him and Clarke..
Savoie has those MSL tree trunk lower body

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Lol Canada didn't pick this guy.

This guy would instantly he the best player in that team. Game is very McDavidesque

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Just once I'd like to see Hockey Canada throw caution to the wind and go All Skill top to bottom regardless of age...that would be a spectacle.

If McTavish is back again next year, and with Bedard and Savoie (hoping fingers crossed) that's shaping up to be a pretty stacked team down the middle next year.
If they opt to go really young next year's team could also have Fantilli and Yager.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
If a team is sitting there with the option to draft him or trade the pick, what is it going to take to trade the pick? Top line player+1st+B/B+ prospect?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I haven't watched him play but if he's a great skater with a very strong lower body his lack of height probably won't hinder him much, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad