C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Andersson plays a grittier style then Lindholm. He plays strongon the boards, in front of the net, and is quite solid defensively. He definitely doesn't have the offensive skillset Lindholm had coming out of the draft.

Thanks !

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Mikael Backlund is hugely underrated, solid #2 match up type center. If this is what they've got in Lias then I think the Rangers will be very happy.

I'd be very happy with that but personally I see more ROR in him. Would be extremely happy with either though

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Frölundas manager is indicating that Andersson will be starting the season in Sweden for Frölunda if hes doesn't make the Rangers this season.
http://www.hockeysverige.se/2017/07/27/sportchefens-lofte-han-kommer-borja-sasongen-med-oss/

Mikael Backlund is hugely underrated, solid #2 match up type center. If this is what they've got in Lias then I think the Rangers will be very happy.
Agreed, but i don't see him becoming a #1 center on a contender like previous posters has said.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Backlund would be amazing. I think he's got more offensive potential based on his last season though. This year will be an eye opener one way or the other, for sure.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Backlund would be amazing. I think he's got more offensive potential based on his last season though. This year will be an eye opener one way or the other, for sure.

I mentioned Alex Steen earlier, hard to say how good he can be offensively until he comes to NA.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
3 points in 3 games, best player today and is an absolute monster defensively. Was happy with the trade then, even more so now. Future 1C imo.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
any scouting sources having this kid in the top 10? I don't recall any mock ups of him in the top 10 what a pick, my gosh what a pick by New York, what a trade!

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
any scouting sources having this kid in the top 10? I don't recall any mock ups of him in the top 10 what a pick, my gosh what a pick by New York, what a trade!

Draft buzz had him 7 iirc. A lot of the posters in this thread were also very high on him

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Exactly. It's great to be excited about this kid and there's nothing wrong with that. But calling him a 1C after a U18, exhibition game is a little extreme.

I've been saying this even before. A 1C is what I'll think he'll be, is it really that far fetched? He has the stats and defensive play to back it up.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I can definitely see some 3C potential for him in NHL if all goes well.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm gonna chalk this up to a Finn with anti-Swede bias? Only logical explanation.

"While some of the scouts surveyed by TSN do not discount Patrick evolving into that role, the consensus view is Patrick is projected more as a second-line NHL centre and doesn't have the same “wow†factor as McDavid, Eichel and Matthews.
"He's going to be a good, maybe very good, NHL player," one scout said, "but he isn't a dynamic player. His skating isn't bad but he's not dynamic like those others [McDavid, Eichel and Matthews].""

The point is, the projected #1OA(who did go #2) was projected as a second line center even before he had a very disappointing season.

So you think that considering the reach of a #7OA a potential third line C is biased because...?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
"While some of the scouts surveyed by TSN do not discount Patrick evolving into that role, the consensus view is Patrick is projected more as a second-line NHL centre and doesn't have the same “wow†factor as McDavid, Eichel and Matthews.
"He's going to be a good, maybe very good, NHL player," one scout said, "but he isn't a dynamic player. His skating isn't bad but he's not dynamic like those others [McDavid, Eichel and Matthews].""

The point is, the projected #1OA(who did go #2) was projected as a second line center even before he had a very disappointing season.

So you think that considering the reach of a #7OA a potential third line C is biased because...?

This is a pretty dumb statement. So what you're saying is since Patrick cant be a 1C (which he definitely can) that no one else drafted below him can? Lias can probably pass for a 3C right now, saying you see 3C potential in him "if all goes well" is a dumb statement. Sure, it's unlikely he can become a 1C like I originally said but don't count him out. His offense is very underrated

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This is a pretty dumb statement. So what you're saying is since Patrick cant be a 1C (which he definitely can) that no one else drafted below him can? Lias can probably pass for a 3C right now, saying you see 3C potential in him "if all goes well" is a dumb statement. Sure, it's unlikely he can become a 1C like I originally said but don't count him out. His offense is very underrated

"If all goes well" = "If he makes the NHL as a regular", which isn't even a given.

If anything is dumb, it's saying he would be more likely to be 1C than a 3C at NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad