C Lukas Wernblom - MODO, SWE JRS (2018 Draft)

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Looks like he had a pretty great season this year. Anyone seen him play?

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Was looking into Wild prospect Simon Johansson and noticed Wernblom.

As a 2000-born player I believe he is no longer eligible for the NHL Draft but wasn't certain.

Is his size still accurate (175 cm/78 km)?

Realize it's Allsvenskan and not SHL but point-per-game and over 100 PM.

Is there more to know about him?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Was looking into Wild prospect Simon Johansson and noticed Wernblom.

As a 2000-born player I believe he is no longer eligible for the NHL Draft but wasn't certain.

Is his size still accurate (175 cm/78 km)?

Realize it's Allsvenskan and not SHL but point-per-game and over 100 PM.

Is there more to know about him?

Yes he is not a big player, but he is stocky and hard which makes up for it.

His dad, Magnus Wernblom, is a legend in swedish hockey, one of the toughest swede ever, should have been a NHLer but liked it too much in MoDo.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I would rather take a player like Wernblom on my NHL 4th line than Johan Larsson or Sam Gagner. Both are butter soft players looking to get points all game. He's producing better than NHL prospects such as Oskar Steen/Raphael Lavoie this year in Allsvenskan and younger.

I have only seen Wernblom internationally, but I could tell he had hockey IQ, good skating and toughness. There's no way he is scared to kill penalties. He can play on the 4th line for playoff teams.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I would rather take a player like Wernblom on my NHL 4th line than Johan Larsson or Sam Gagner. Both are butter soft players looking to get points all game. He's producing better than NHL prospects such as Oskar Steen/Raphael Lavoie this year in Allsvenskan and younger.

I have only seen Wernblom internationally, but I could tell he had hockey IQ, good skating and toughness. There's no way he is scared to kill penalties. He can play on the 4th line for playoff teams.

What? Johan Larsson is a soft player? Seriously? He wass like the most blocking forward on Buffalo and was like 3rd most hitting player after Foligno and Girgensons.

Reactions: VictorLustig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad