C Lukas Wernblom - MODO, SWE JRS (2018 Draft)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So, where does this kid stand in regards to recently hyped Swedes at the same age? I know Willy was in Allsvenskan for a cameo (with decent success at a similar age). Anyone else cracked this high a level early in there 16 year old season recently?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So, where does this kid stand in regards to recently hyped Swedes at the same age? I know Willy was in Allsvenskan for a cameo (with decent success at a similar age). Anyone else cracked this high a level early in there 16 year old season recently?

Rasmus Andersson played as a 15 year old in Allsvenskan. Kylington was up pretty early in the SHL as well.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm

Adam Larsson played almost the entire season in his draft -1 year and scored 18(?) points. I think Hedman played a full season.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
2 goals in 3 games.....in Allsvenskan.

And he has looked great in all 3 games.

He has that mature gritty style.....he is the next Landeskog.

If he can play this good with men, then why not 4th line role in WJC.

Bratt - Karlström - Nylander
Dahlen - Pettersson - Lööke
Steen - Asplund - Eriksson Ek
Grundström - Wernblom - L.Andersson
J.Davidsson

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
This kid could be something special. Hope he isn't done growing height wise.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Two questions.

1. How tall is he?

2. Can someone who knows about the Swedish prospects for the 2018 draft rank them?

1. Listed as 5'9, doesn't look like he's done growing though.

2. Not easy to rank them at this point, but for me Rasmus Dahlin is clearly first. Adam Boqvist is then clearly second and after that it becomes harder. Wernblom, Filip Johansson and Filip HÃ¥llander have all been very impressive to start this season.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg

2. Not easy to rank them at this point, but for me Rasmus Dahlin is clearly first. Adam Boqvist is then clearly second and after that it becomes harder. Wernblom, Filip Johansson and Filip HÃ¥llander have all been very impressive to start this season.

If this is the case, it will be a very good draft year for Swedish prospects.

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden

Think Rasmus Sandin and Isac Lundeström deserves to be mentioned in the same group aswell.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland

How does someone look when is not done growing? :P He is 16 YO, so there is of course a chance he will grow, his father is listed at 184 cm / strong 6' , i think he will end up somewhere between 178-180 cm same height as Crosby, Giroux, Kane etc. He will be fine (and 90% of the listed NHL heights is over exaggerated or rounded up). anything close to 5'11 will be listed as 6'

On the ice he looks like 175 cm~ so the listed height seems up to date.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Strong Ivan Hlinka tournament. Still don't like his footspeed for a small guy. Could see him being a divisive prospect for this draft with some people having him very high, and some very low.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Mini Landeskog? Lovely thought but does that play in the NHL? Full-size Landeskog has enough issues with nagging injuries because of his physical nature. Plus Landeskog was NHL ready in terms of skating right out the gate.

Is he bigger now though than the older reports in this thread?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
A goal from last week:

Still not producing that well. Pointless through 18 allsvenskan games and 10 points in 14 SuperElit games is decent but a small guy like him needs to do better.

I wonder if he gets drafted, I can't say I'm a fan. Doesn't seem like his game has improved much from last year, if at all.

PostFriend

Nov 3, 2016
He was not one of the top players in this weekend's Team18 Elitcamp unfortunately. Other players look more interesting right now in the -00 group like Breggren, Höglander(2019), Hållander and Olofsson to mention a few. But still long time to the Draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad