C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Kakko has to learn to use his team mates better, not really sure what the problem is but perhaps he is too focused on trying to score at times.
The problem with Kakko whole season (apart from the obvious fatigue problems) was he wasn't trying to score but trying to feed his teammates instead of shooting it himself, so I'm not sure what you are on about

was going through some kirby highlights from the regular season and forgot he pulled off the move @3:18...what an absolute beauty this kid is gonna be...

I watched that video last week in research for my playoffs fantasy team and literally raised my eyebrows when I saw that.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Why are we comparing Zegras and Dach? Totally different players in totally different leagues.

Ducks fans are excited about Zegras and Chicago fans are excited about Dach. Lets leave it at that and wait until they have a couple years in the NHL before making definitive statements about who is/will be better.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Why are we comparing Zegras and Dach? Totally different players in totally different leagues.

Ducks fans are excited about Zegras and Chicago fans are excited about Dach. Lets leave it at that and wait until they have a couple years in the NHL before making definitive statements about who is/will be better.
A Ducks fan brought him up in this thread...I know Penguins fans are excited about third round pick Nathan Légaré too, let’s also wait for him to have a couple years in the NHL before deeming him to be on any different level than these guys in our online discussions.

Meanwhile, Dach continues to win the matchup against Draisaitl.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Another good game from Kirby despite the losing effort. He’s up against Draisaitl and effectively shutting him down.

He’s just so good along the boards and has good vision as well. He’s proving something in these playoffs.
Hard to believe he's only 19.

Reactions: d rake

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That's why you can't trust stats alone.

Those bounces will start going in. Draisaitl objectively dominated that matchup head to head points will come.

Dach has looked really good though, I’m a huge fan of his and have been for awhile. He looks massive out there and moves well. He’s going to be a force when he’s like 23 and has started to develop his man strength.

He’s noticeable on the ice and strong in puck battles. Best forward from his draft class IMO.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah, saying Dach has dominated the Draisaitl matchup is quite an exaggeration.

Nonetheless, Dach has been nothing but impressive these playoffs. I've said from the moment they took him that Kirby was the right pick for the Hawks and this is exactly why. I think he distinguishes himself as the 2C next season and will score over 50 points playing with Kane and, uh, Lafreniere.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Very impressive 2 games from Dach. Kid is coming in to his own.
Who takes Dach 1OA in a redraft? Might be a tad early for that kind of talk but just saying.
I had him second at the draft. After Dach essentially answered every question mark this season, and Hughes only confirmed the validity of his own, I would not hesitate for a fraction of a second to take Dach 1OA if a redraft happened today.

If Dach plays 19 minutes a night next season, lining up with Kane and Debrincat and playing on the first powerplay, 60-70 points are not just possible but likely.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Wanted him on the Oilers. Too bad he didn't fall in the draft.
Kid has a great future especially with Toews as a mentor.

Reactions: Dominance

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hes played solid for sure but there is some serious exaggeration going on in here. He hasnt dominated Draisatl and its wayy to early to say he should have went 1st overall. Hes coming off a season where he finished 12th in rookie scoring and finished within 2 points of both Hughes and Kakko. He had what I would call clearly superior linemates and a better situation in chicago playing mostly with Debrincat and Strome.

Now hes done well these last two games, but its also a super weird time of year where guys havent played for like 5 months and are just getting back into things. This favours young kids who can get their legs back faster, kinda like the lockout shortened year where a bunch of young guys lit it up early in the season but the vets came back later on. Its not a great time to draw significant conclusions about is play right now.

He had a really solid rookie season for his age and looks like hes going to be a really good player for a long time, but theres lots of prospects from his draft who have had great draft+1 seasons in their leagues and look like they could be top players in the NHL. Way to early to crown him the best player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad