C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Skinner only has three years left and olofsson is probably gone in that timeframe
Olofsson is gone after this year as his contract runs out.

I'd rather see Kulich focus on maintaining his confidence and rounding out his game in the AHL and another playoff run, a cup of coffee in the NHL might be nice but doesn't really push the needle anywhere.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Olofsson is gone after this year as his contract runs out.

I'd rather see Kulich focus on maintaining his confidence and rounding out his game in the AHL and another playoff run, a cup of coffee in the NHL might be nice but doesn't really push the needle anywhere.
I agree savoie is probably up with the big club next year kulich could move to wing full time next year with ostlund and wahlberg coming over and get and round out where his game is suited best

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Wahlberg isn't going to be playing center when he gets to the NHL. Neither should Kulich IMO.
A line of wahlberg-ostlund-kulich would be fun but yeah, hoping he learned something from playing center but rather have him learn to be a 2 way winger maybe playing center will help him learn what lanes to cover on the backcheck and where to go in the zone to help break out or something but he is a winger all day

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A line of wahlberg-ostlund-kulich would be fun but yeah, hoping he learned something from playing center but rather have him learn to be a 2 way winger maybe playing center will help him learn what lanes to cover on the backcheck and where to go in the zone to help break out or something but he is a winger all day

Part of what I'm wondering at in their development of him is that he's played a lot at center this year, even being moved back to center when his post U20 offensive slump continued. Appert is constantly praising he and Rosen for their defensive play, play off the puck, etc... but I'm not sure I see what he's talking up. Kulich as more F1/F2 rather than having him be F3 and responsible deep in his own zone seems to fit but maybe the long game for him is to work on his defensive responsibility so he's more akin to someone like Palat than just some PP shot option.

Wahlberg getting national team time on the wing and used on the wing in Malmo makes it less likely for me that he's going to be a center too. But in Kulich terms, it would be nice to see him re-ignite his scoring down the stretch in the AHL with these last dozen games and maybe do some damage in the playoffs like he did last year.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Part of what I'm wondering at in their development of him is that he's played a lot at center this year, even being moved back to center when his post U20 offensive slump continued. Appert is constantly praising he and Rosen for their defensive play, play off the puck, etc... but I'm not sure I see what he's talking up. Kulich as more F1/F2 rather than having him be F3 and responsible deep in his own zone seems to fit but maybe the long game for him is to work on his defensive responsibility so he's more akin to someone like Palat than just some PP shot option.

Wahlberg getting national team time on the wing and used on the wing in Malmo makes it less likely for me that he's going to be a center too. But in Kulich terms, it would be nice to see him re-ignite his scoring down the stretch in the AHL with these last dozen games and maybe do some damage in the playoffs like he did last year.
I like the palat comparison palat with an elite shot would be amazing for any top 9

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Today is his 20th birthday. Including playoffs he ended up scoring 100 points in the AHL as a teenager (while missing time twice to be a star on a Czech team that medaled both years at world juniors). He’s led his team in goals both years as a teenager.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
He has this ability to be so so consistent with the skills he excells at. You know there are players that have ability but only execute properly every now and then (like Jeff Skinner for example). Then you have the guys who have the skills AND consistently execute (Kucherov).

Kulich consistently executes when he gets himself in the position to show off his skills. That will carry him a long way in the league.

If he can continue to refine his two way game, and match the speed of the NHL, he is a sure fire 30-30 player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad