C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He's on the same trajectory as Quinn and Peterka were, developing in the AHL to the point they stand out so much there they'll have no choice but to play him. He has the same upside as those 2 also.
I'm not sure what more he can do? 19 year old leading AHL in scoring is not that common.lol

Buffalo is spoiled with some riches here.. maybe they trade some top prospects for some pieces they need to make playoffs and even out the lineup?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He's on the same trajectory as Quinn and Peterka were, developing in the AHL to the point they stand out so much there they'll have no choice but to play him. He has the same upside as those 2 also.
Which kind of begs the question of what Buffalo plans to do since I don't see any room in the Sabre's top 9 anytime soon.

The only hole I see is a top pairing RHD and a 1A/1B goalie to help insulate Levi.

Reactions: Fearnot

rubenflamshep

Dec 6, 2023
Toronto
scoutthe.xyz
Best 19-year-old goal-scorer the AHL has seen in the last 25 years.
Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 1.04.22 PM.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Which kind of begs the question of what Buffalo plans to do since I don't see any room in the Sabre's top 9 anytime soon.

The only hole I see is a top pairing RHD and a 1A/1B goalie to help insulate Levi.

Part of it would be finding a cost controlled RHD for either the 1st or 2nd pair or in trying to finally fill out their bottom 6 in some fashion that can work. Benson's arrival cluttered things up more than a little.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Part of it would be finding a cost controlled RHD for either the 1st or 2nd pair or in trying to finally fill out their bottom 6 in some fashion that can work. Benson's arrival cluttered things up more than a little.
Maybe a package of Rosen+krebs+2nd can entice someone

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Yup.. when guys like Chytil or Pasta started heating up they went to NHL and never really looked back. He's done more than them and is still in AHL. I do beleive there is such a thing as too much AHL.. especially for a shooting winger. C, D and G take longer for sure.
Amerks are trying to develop him as a C with an elite 2 way 200 foot game and maintain his NHL shot, while being stalwart in his own end and won't let him leave until that day. Being on the sabres roster has never been about earning a slot as a reward.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
only 0+2 since he came back from WJC (7 games) ... bit of a slump, hopefully he gets back on track again soon.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like a terrible development strategy.

The AHL HC finally acknowledged that he's probably best suited as a winger for NHL duty and he's finally back on the wing. Appert (the coach) has also said he feels Kulich is playing well and the points will come again. From personal viewings, he and Rosen both have not been on the same page recently.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The AHL HC finally acknowledged that he's probably best suited as a winger for NHL duty and he's finally back on the wing. Appert (the coach) has also said he feels Kulich is playing well and the points will come again. From personal viewings, he and Rosen both have not been on the same page recently.
He's clearly a winger to my eyes. Just beautiful at it. During the Jr's... someone tweeted that they cannot wait to see him on a senior PP with Pasta. Him and Pasta shoot from opposite sides! Imagine that Centremen with those 2 options for 1 timers.

Something like this as PP1... 2 snipers, big net front presence, big shot from point too!

Pasta Hertl Kulich

Hronek Necas

I dream of it too!lol

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Yeah and as 1st center tonight lol. I like obviously that he is Czech too, but it seems like they gonna play literally everyone before the gonna give a proper chance to Kulich lol
Considered Kulich isn't an NHL capable center, nor is he a defensive winger it makes little sense to recall him, especially as he hasn't played very well since the WJC. He'll probably get another call-up after the TDL if Girgensons and or Okposo get moved.

Rousek was playing on the 4th line in Robinson's slot as Granato cobbled together a first line of Robinson - Greenway - Tuch due to Thompson getting injured the night before

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
Considered Kulich isn't an NHL capable center, nor is he a defensive winger it makes little sense to recall him, especially as he hasn't played very well since the WJC. He'll probably get another call-up after the TDL if Girgensons and or Okposo get moved.

Rousek was playing on the 4th line in Robinson's slot as Granato cobbled together a first line of Robinson - Greenway - Tuch due to Thompson getting injured the night before
Was he actually playing bad or was he just not scoring?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
NHL capable center, nor is he a defensive winger it makes little sense to recall him,
Did they draft him in round 1 to be a defensive winger? Or a C?

I thought it was obvious he is a scoring winger. So yes, if you ask him to play C in the NHL it won't go well. If you want him in a checking role on line 4 then it won't work either. No idea why Sabres would waste a first round pick on a defensive winger though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad