C Jeremy Bracco - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2015, 61st, TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
2 goals, +3 tonight in the 2014 All American Prospects game. Named by an announcer as his choice for player of the game.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
A contending team is going to steal a top 10 pick by taking Bracco late in the 1st. This is a terrific draft class, so he'll go later than he should, but as far as I'm concerned, Bracco is not far behind Barzal and Konecny.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Braccos going to be a load to handle for any dman. Very dangerous on the offense.

arsmaster*

If there was ever a kid with room to grow it's this guy. He looks 12. There are kids on my daughters peewee team who look older.

Exciting kid to watch.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
If there was ever a kid with room to grow it's this guy. He looks 12. There are kids on my daughters peewee team who look older.

Exciting kid to watch.

Could you imagine dressing up Bracco as a 12 year old girl (like in Ladybugs) and putting him on the ice with your daughters team? WHOA NELSON!!!!!

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
What does this kid have to do to be given the credit he deserves. Leads in scoring and at every level where he plays. Should have won MVP at prospects game.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
He is fun to watch. Just needs to put on some muscle and he will be fine.

He has too much skill to be held back.

slashtrey

Baller
Dec 23, 2011
Can't see him falling or of the first round and to be honest I think this kid is top-10 talent in a weaker or average draft class. But what's realistically the earliest he could go in 2015? I had been thinking 15-25.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
Bracco had four point night against Youngstown. If he played in ushl all year he would most likely have 80 points by year end.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
At this point and as loaded as this years draft is for the US, Eichel and Bracco are the most skilled offensively for the US talent this year imo.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He's up to 19 points so far in 10 games this year. It'll be interesting to see how many he can put up this year.

Bracco could potentially play up to 65 games this year. If he were to do so at his current PPG pace (1.9) he'd end up with 124 points for the year (that would shatter Kane's single season record from when the NTDP played in the NAHL). That's obviously a very unlikely pace to maintain, especially with the 18 games against college teams. If he were to maintain the more reasonable PPG pace (1.3) he had last year, he'd end up with 85 points, which would be the 5th best season in NTDP history.

The NTDP career scoring record belongs to Phil Kessel with 180 points in his 2 years (playing in the NAHL not USHL). In order to best Kessel, Bracco would need to put up 107 points this season, a 1.6 PPG pace if he played all 65 games. A tall order indeed but Bracco is an offensive dynamo so it'll be fun to follow his progress.

He's basically a lock to break the NTDP all-time assist record though. He's already up to 71 assists which is only 17 assists behind the record of 88 assists held by Patrick Kane and JD Forrest (who played 3 seasons with the NTDP).

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Can't see him falling or of the first round and to be honest I think this kid is top-10 talent in a weaker or average draft class. But what's realistically the earliest he could go in 2015? I had been thinking 15-25.

I wouldn't rule out going in the top 15 (not top 10), but yeah, the range you put forth seems more probable. The possibility of nabbing him in that 15-25 range makes me glad the Sabres have three 1sts, even if the Isles make the playoffs and the Blues advance deep. He's a real talent, despite the legitimate questions players his size face.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
He's going to be one of the biggest risers this year. I don't think top 10 is out of the question. 2015 and 2016 extremely strong years for USA. Especially if we can lock up Chychrun

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
Put up 2 goals and 2 assists this weekend against providence and bu. he can play with anybody and should go in top 15.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Put up 2 goals and 2 assists this weekend against providence and bu. he can play with anybody and should go in top 15.

I disagree. I saw him play at Providence and BU and he was great but his size (or lack thereof) is evident. The guy can sneak into open areas and find opportunities, and his skating is breathtaking, but he can still be shutdown by bigger physical players. He is a very good choice in the top 40 but top 15 is a stretch.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
I disagree. I saw him play at Providence and BU and he was great but his size (or lack thereof) is evident. The guy can sneak into open areas and find opportunities, and his skating is breathtaking, but he can still be shutdown by bigger physical players. He is a very good choice in the top 40 but top 15 is a stretch.
At 175lbs he is just short and I haven't seen anybody shut him down yet. Kid is leading scorer at every level he has played at. Better look up his records and he still has time to add 12 lbs before draft. At 5'9' and 185 no one should even consider the kid soft just a pure scoring machine.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
At 175lbs he is just short and I haven't seen anybody shut him down yet. Kid is leading scorer at every level he has played at. Better look up his records and he still has time to add 12 lbs before draft. At 5'9' and 185 no one should even consider the kid soft just a pure scoring machine.

He is 175lbs which is quite well built for a 5-9, but he still plays like a 5-9 player. That is not really a fault as he is extremely good at playing his cerebral offensive style producing points at every level, but that still leaves me to wonder if he can translate this into a more physical environment. I still LOVE his hockey sense and offense game, but I will always wonder if he can translate it into the NHL.

I will not be surprised to see him picked high, but I would also note that he is not a lock either in the top 30.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I did want to follow up though: the guy has tons of skill and is extremely smart. The guy is a beautiful skater; agile and smooth. Great vision with the puck. I say he isn't a lock because he does have a glaring flaw which is his size, but it really depends on the strength of the draft class, which I cannot definitely say there are 30 better players above him.

But he has a flaw and it will be a question mark in everyone's mind. The type of prospect that can go super high or start dropping, not one of those sure-fire top 20 picks.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
We have to remember that Bracco just got to the 173 lb mark as he put on 20 lbs last year with the NTDP. Hopefully he puts on another 10 lbs this year as well. But I'd echo Circulartheory's comment in that he's a tough one to predict. He easily a top 10 player in the draft when it comes to skill and results but his size will be a concern. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go 10th or 40th but in such a strong draft teams may not be eager to take a guy that early that will need to spend at least 2 years in college (preferably 3) to continue to physically mature.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
A logical draft projection as of now would be as high as Robby Fabbri and as low as Brayden Point. So yes, you may be looking at a top 30 draft pick.

His actual value will be greater. There isn't much of a questionmark surrounding his ability to impact the ice. He has erased concerns from last season, and has been even more dangerous against the top of his class.

I like him better than Sprong, and he's knocking on the door of Marner and Konecny.

slashtrey

Baller
Dec 23, 2011
At this point I can't see him being passed up in the top 20...no other kids on the USA U18 team are producing like JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad