C Jeremy Bracco - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2015, 61st, TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Only saw him play twice at the U17s, but he's very skilled and is a great skater. He was literally skating circles around the other team every time he had the puck. Big fan of his now, hoping to see more of him another time.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Very skilled. Great hands. Great vision, skating. Small, but not small enough that it didn't shock me that he wasn't rated higher than he was (I think around 55-60?). I think it's a disservice to focus on his height.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Seen Bracco play a few times. He's a real fluid player, and sees the ice incredibly well. Has really good hands, and plays a really nice lateral and up/down game. Does a good job of settling the play down when he needs to, set it up and not just a speedster who relies on blowing by people. Can really snipe as well. Has really good edge work, always tries to keep the play in front of him so he can see the whole ice with it. If you've ever seen the way Ryan Spooner skates, it reminds me a ton of it. If I had to make a comp, it'd be a Ryan Spooner/Jeff Skinner hybrid.

He's built fairly slight, which could hurt him a bit as far as draft purposes go just 5'9 159lbs. Has a year to add another 10-15 lbs before the draft which isn't too far fetched with the NTDP.

Highlights from the U17 challenge final. 1:22 mark shows how he can rush the ice, his edge work, a bit of hands, and some vision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-0K3IT2o4

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Incredibly savvy and entertaining hockey player. Reminds me a lot of fellow '97, Mitchell Marner. Terrific playmaker/slater that finds the soft spots on the ice just beautifully.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Seen Bracco play a few times. He's a real fluid player, and sees the ice incredibly well. Has really good hands, and plays a really nice lateral and up/down game. Does a good job of settling the play down when he needs to, set it up and not just a speedster who relies on blowing by people. Can really snipe as well. Has really good edge work, always tries to keep the play in front of him so he can see the whole ice with it. If you've ever seen the way Ryan Spooner skates, it reminds me a ton of it. If I had to make a comp, it'd be a Ryan Spooner/Jeff Skinner hybrid.

He's built fairly slight, which could hurt him a bit as far as draft purposes go just 5'9 159lbs. Has a year to add another 10-15 lbs before the draft which isn't too far fetched with the NTDP.

Highlights from the U17 challenge final. 1:22 mark shows how he can rush the ice, his edge work, a bit of hands, and some vision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-0K3IT2o4

wow unbelievable move by Bracco on the setup to Wthie. His skating reminded me exactly of spooner and skinner as well

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I doubt he ends up at Harvard. His play will surpass that commitment. I could see him either heading to Kitchener after the draft, or making a new commitment to a school like BC, BU, ND, NoDak or a Big Ten school.

Harvard actually has some solid recruits including Ryan Donato. All depends on if Ted Donato is still the coach, but they have been recruiting pretty well for the next few years.

arsmaster*

I like the kid, best part of that video is the spelling of Cape "Brenton"...lol.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
With 51 assists on the year, Bracco passed Patrick Kane's single season assist record with the USNDTP. Yeah, Kane's was with the U18's and Bracco's with the U17's (both in the pre-draft year), Bracco is a March birthday compared to Kane's November birthday. Impressive kid.

He's 5'9'' 154 right now, but he's a real young looking guy so it's not out of the question that he grows another inch or two. And obvious when he gets older he can fill out a lot.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
With 51 assists on the year, Bracco passed Patrick Kane's single season assist record with the USNDTP. Yeah, Kane's was with the U18's and Bracco's with the U17's (both in the pre-draft year), Bracco is a March birthday compared to Kane's November birthday. Impressive kid.

He's 5'9'' 154 right now, but he's a real young looking guy so it's not out of the question that he grows another inch or two. And obvious when he gets older he can fill out a lot.

I'm not the best with draft year/month etc but I'm pretty sure that Kane did it with the U18's when he could have been on the U17's. Kane's pre draft year was in the OHL.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'm not the best with draft year/month etc but I'm pretty sure that Kane did it with the U18's when he could have been on the U17's. Kane's pre draft year was in the OHL.

Kane is a late birthdate, which delayed his NHL draft by a year, but he was not playing up with the U18s when he set this record. He was in his second season with the NTDP. Also, Kane played part of that season against the NAHL as the NTDP hadn't rejoined the USHL yet.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Kane was a late birthday and therefore no eligible for the U-17's in his pre-draft year like Eichel this year (not saying he would have been if he were eligible, but yeah).

I don't know the details of Kane's year but Bracco's pretty swell.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The other thing about Kane's U18 year is he scored 52 goals in addition to his 50 assists (Bracco has 13). With the move from the NAHL to the USHL I don't expect anyone to break that record any time soon.

Bracco is a great playmaker and his line with Kirwan and White have piled up points in international play in a manner few NTDP U17 lines ever have. It'll be interesting to see if it carries over to the U18 team next year and beyond.

NTDP U18 player Sonny Milano currently has 46 assists this season so he'll likely pass Kane/Hilbert as well. There's a chance he could pass Bracco too given he's got more games in hand than him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad