C Jack McBain - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 63rd, MIN; traded to ARI)

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
If you're a Wild fan, I'd start to pay attention to BC. McBain has looked incredible so far this year. He's taken as big of a step from junior year to senior year Ive seen a college player make in a long time. His skating has dratically improved, he's been all over the ice and creating a ton of scoring opportunities. 2g 9a 11pts in 6gp

Reactions: Dominance and Keke

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If you're a Wild fan, I'd start to pay attention to BC. McBain has looked incredible so far this year. He's taken as big of a step from junior year to senior year Ive seen a college player make in a long time. His skating has dratically improved, he's been all over the ice and creating a ton of scoring opportunities. 2g 9a 11pts in 6gp
This is great to hear. Haven't been able to watch BC games this year but I noticed the jump in production and wondered if it was just the increase in opportunity with guys graduating and/or turning pro after last year.

He could walk to UFA this summer at this point but I think there's still real opportunity in Minnesota's system for a center with his size, especially if his skating's improved. I hope they keep him in the fold.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
14 pts. in 8 gp. Hope he has a great year, and MN is able to sign him. They surely could use all the help they can at Center.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Scored the game winner the other night with less than 2 mins to go & has 16 points already this year, will he sign with the Wild? I feel like it’s a perfect fit for them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Guerin doesn't sign him then there will be rumblings from the fan base. We are playing guys like Victor Rask and Freddy Gaudreau as our #1C.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I think he would be eligible to go to UFA on August 15th if he doesn't sign with Minnesota by that point, correct?

P10p

May 15, 2012
If Guerin doesn't sign him then there will be rumblings from the fan base. We are playing guys like Victor Rask and Freddy Gaudreau as our #1C.

Minnesota can't force a player to sign a contract. It doesn't matter how much Guerin tries if this player simply doesn't want to play in Minnesota when he can just go UFA and pick his team. This shouldn't be held against a GM, its just the way it is.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minnesota can't force a player to sign a contract. It doesn't matter how much Guerin tries if this player simply doesn't want to play in Minnesota when he can just go UFA and pick his team. This shouldn't be held against a GM, its just the way it is.

No, but if it does happen, you have to start wondering why it's happened to this organization twice in two years, when typically this type of situation happens once or twice a decade.

Reactions: P10p

P10p

May 15, 2012
No, but if it does happen, you have to start wondering why it's happened to this organization twice in two years, when typically this type of situation happens once or twice a decade.

Could just be bad luck, McBain played himself into legitimate prospect territory this season. Can't fault management for not offering a contract to what looked like a can miss prospect. This could also be a product of the wild leaning heavily into NCAA drafting. More bullets in the chamber means more shots at getting burnt.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Seems to be alot of hype with this guy but very little talk on this site. I saw he was named to the Olympic team recently

this guy the real deal or what??
No clue, but at least he (along with McTavish and Power, of course) is giving me a reason to watch a game or two this Olympics.

I wish Team Canada had followed the USA’s approach and loaded up with as many interesting college players as possible.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
No clue, but at least he (along with McTavish and Power, of course) is giving me a reason to watch a game or two this Olympics.

I wish Team Canada had followed the USA’s approach and loaded up with as many interesting college players as possible.

i 100% agree... would have been very cool to see them use alot of young prospects for it

Reactions: Dominance

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Canada doesn’t have as many good prospects in college as the US . Would have to pick from the CHL

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if mn was a bottom feeder team i could see him not signing but we are getting better and i see no reason he would say forget mn im going ufa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad