C Gabriel Vilardi (2017, 11th, LAK)

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Just for you Red Wings fans:

Vilardi 1.81 PPG
Rasmussen 1.26 PPG (not to mention 17 of 31 goals on the PP)

You realize other teams picked players they shouldn’t have beforehand too, right?

90% of Wings fans hated the Rasmussen pick. No reason for posts like this, you’re telling us nothing we didn’t already know, unless your goal is to simply annoy strangers on the internet.

Heck, given the age difference, I would have taken him over Patrick and I said that at the draft.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
You realize other teams picked players they shouldn’t have beforehand too, right?

90% of Wings fans hated the Rasmussen pick. No reason for posts like this, you’re telling us nothing we didn’t already know, unless your goal is to simply annoy strangers on the internet.

Heck, given the age difference, I would have taken him over Patrick and I said that at the draft.

Guess I was talking to the other 10%, which wasn't you.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
What do you have against the red wings?

He's a Red Wings fan, who like many of us, were incensed to watch the Red Wings miss the playoffs, have a top 10 pick for the first time in ages, watch a potential top line player fall in the draft to us - and then instead pick the one highly ranked pick who nearly everyone wanted to avoid like the plague.

That f***ing sequence....when the Rangers pick Lias Andersson ... and suddenly, you realize that the Red Wings are going to get Casey Mittelstadt or Gabe Vilardi.... and then it's Vilardi ... and the excitement and elation of getting a great player at 9... to the dejection and disappointment of not only not draft Vilardi, but drafting the top 20 guy who was dead last on my list...

It was the most disappointing draft pick I've experienced.
Not since drafting Sheahan over Kuznetsov have I been anywhere near that disappointed.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
He's a Red Wings fan, who like many of us, were incensed to watch the Red Wings miss the playoffs, have a top 10 pick for the first time in ages, watch a potential top line player fall in the draft to us - and then instead pick the one highly ranked pick who nearly everyone wanted to avoid like the plague.

That ****ing sequence....when the Rangers pick Lias Andersson ... and suddenly, you realize that the Red Wings are going to get Casey Mittelstadt or Gabe Vilardi.... and then it's Vilardi ... and the excitement and elation of getting a great player at 9... to the dejection and disappointment of not only not draft Vilardi, but drafting the top 20 guy who was dead last on my list...

Not since drafting Sheahan over Kuznetsov have I been anywhere near that disappointed.
You're preaching to a fan who watched his team pick Virtanen over Ehlers or Nylander

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit

That ****ing sequence....when the Rangers pick Lias Andersson ... and suddenly, you realize that the Red Wings are going to get Casey Mittelstadt or Gabe Vilardi.... and then it's Vilardi ... and the excitement and elation of getting a great player at 9... to the dejection and disappointment of not only not draft Vilardi, but drafting the top 20 guy who was dead last on my list...

Yep, well said Redder. Some people misunderstand what I post sometimes. Must be my sarcasm.

Reactions: Redder Winger

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

i live in Windsor and watched vildardi live like 6-7 times here last year... i was so unbelievably ticked off with the Rasmussen pick. He fell to us and i thought we got the steal of the draft, then we drafted Rasmussen.

This kid is going to be great.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
i live in Windsor and watched vildardi live like 6-7 times here last year... i was so unbelievably ticked off with the Rasmussen pick. He fell to us and i thought we got the steal of the draft, then we drafted Rasmussen.

This kid is going to be great.

I grew up in Windsor and live in Michigan now. I watched every Memorial Cup game I could. Kid was dynamite.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Going to be another incredible rookie class next year. Vilardi, Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk, Donato, Borgstrom, Chytil, Petersson, Sikura, and goalies like Samsonov, Husso.
I’ll go with Borgstrom.

No Tolvanen?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Heh, that pretty accurately reflects how I felt when Mathew Barzal and Kyle Connor fell to the Oilers pick in 2015, only for it to be traded for Griffin freaking Reinhart, except I think you can multiply the disappointment felt by 10. :)

Reactions: Killerjas

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. I have never hated a pick as much as that one. Before the draft I said that I wouldn't watch the Red Wings through anything but streams and wouldn't put a single penny to the team in any way until Holland and Co. were fired if we drafted Rasmussen. I've stuck to that promise. The only way to impact the team is with our wallets, and I'm using my vote as best I can.

Back to Vilardi: what a ridiculous year despite the injuries. This kid is going to be a special player at some point.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Kingston advances to the second round. In five playoff games Vilardi has 5 goals and 7 assists (including the series winning goal in triple OT), ho-hum...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad