C Gabriel Vilardi (2017, 11th, LAK)

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I remember wanting Vilardi at #5 in the draft. I mean, I'm pretty happy with Petterson at this point, but I do think Gabe is going to walk into the NHL and become a premier two-way center. His puck possession and board play, combined with the skill, simply unreal.
I think Vilardi will be the best out of: Mittlestadt, Glass, Suzuki, Andersson, and yes, Nolan Patrick.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

lawrence

May 19, 2012
wtf does Pettersson and Nolan patrick have to do with anything? GTFO Devils fans.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I suspect he will work even harder to perfect his skating this summer and step into the NHL almost seamlessly next year.

Knock on wood, I'm excited to see how he does with a full summer of training and recovery rather than a 6-month layoff due to injury. Guy is ripping up juniors having not played hockey in half a year. I'm sure he'll work on his skating, but just coming in fresh and strong alone will be amazing.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Knock on wood, I'm excited to see how he does with a full summer of training and recovery rather than a 6-month layoff due to injury. Guy is ripping up juniors having not played hockey in half a year. I'm sure he'll work on his skating, but just coming in fresh and strong alone will be amazing.
Hopefully he slots into that RW spot on Kopitars line :naughty:

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
The only forwards I was excited for in this draft were Pettersen and Vilardi. Sucks he fell to LA of all teams lol. He reminds me of Draisaitl but without the vision/passing.

Reactions: Thrive

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The only forwards I was excited for in this draft were Pettersen and Vilardi. Sucks he fell to LA of all teams lol. He reminds me of Draisaitl but without the vision/passing.
I think this season Vilardi looks much more like a Draisaitl type player than last considering his jump in production, overall improvement and just like our other prospect JAD, he's a youngin' who has a tad more upside than most from that draft class.... His vision/passing are getting up there, but his ability to score and the quality of his shot are on par with Drai IMO..

Reactions: 99664987

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is he expected to make the NHL next season?

Yes. In fact, his previous GM traded Vilardi from Windsor to Kingston and stated he only did so because he thought Vilardi will be in the NHL next year.

“I’m 99 per cent sure he’s an NHL player next year,” Rychel said. “That’s what made this deal possible.

“Obviously, if he’s back next year, we never move him. There are no guarantees in life, but we’ve got some pretty good friends in L.A. and, with his development, I think he’ll be an NHLer next year.”

Updated: GM Rychel says deal ‘Had to be done’ as Spitfires send Vilardi and Day to Kingston for Morgan and picks

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Without the passing? I would highly recommend checking out the highlights of all his assists this year.
It's not an insult lol Drai's passing and vision is elite of the elite. Try watching him play? His passing is up there with Mcdavid. I think Vilardi will be a better goal scorer but play making is Drai's bread and butter.

Just because i think he won't be as good as drai in this one aspect does not mean i think he sucks at it. He could still be above average but drai is in the top couple tiers when it comes to passing.

Reactions: Zaddy and kings11

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It's not an insult lol Drai's passing and vision is elite of the elite. Try watching him play? His passing is up there with Mcdavid. I think Vilardi will be a better goal scorer but play making is Drai's bread and butter.

Just because i think he won't be as good as drai in this one aspect does not mean i think he sucks at it. He could still be above average but drai is in the top couple tiers when it comes to passing.
Here let me clear it up;
Drai is an elite passer/playmaker ala Adam Oates..
Vilardi is going to be a John Tavares type scorer..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad