C Gabriel Vilardi (2017, 11th, LAK)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Reactions: 99664987

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Glad that we took Rasmussen over Vilardi, I remember a lot of Red Wings fans were pissed off not picking Vilardi.

I'm still happy the Kings got Vilardi. The injuries are legitimately worrisome but if he recovers he has a lot of talent I look forward to him contributing to the Kings

Reactions: King Trouty

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Glad that we took Rasmussen over Vilardi, I remember a lot of Red Wings fans were pissed off not picking Vilardi.

Was a stupid decision when it was made and that hasn't changed just because Vilardi has been out with injury. And I'm someone who had Rasmussen in my top 10.

Vilardi had 58P in 32GP last year in the OHL (1.81 PPG)
Rasmussen had 59P in 47GP last year in the WHL (1.26 PPG)

If Vilardi can stay healthy he'll be a top 5 player from his draft year. Mark Stone is a good comparable.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Was a stupid decision when it was made and that hasn't changed just because Vilardi has been out with injury. And I'm someone who had Rasmussen in my top 10.

If Vilardi can stay healthy he'll be a top 5 player from his draft year. Mark Stone is a good comparable.

Why is it stupid if they were aware of his back issues?

Reactions: Reddwit

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands

Honestly I don't care what his junior production is, fact of the matter is that Rasmussen is a 3rd liner on a NHL team and can grow to maybe a 2nd liner. Vilardi hasn't even played a game this season in the junior leagues, has a history of injuries and looks risky. Rasmussen is miles ahead right now in terms of development.

Also you obviously got your comment liked by LA fanboys because you are pandering, but saying Vilardi "could be" a top 5 player in the draft right now is farfetched. I am looking at the risks and I don't see it.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Honestly I don't care what his junior production is, fact of the matter is that Rasmussen is a 3rd liner on a NHL team and can grow to maybe a 2nd liner. Vilardi hasn't even played a game this season in the junior leagues, has a history of injuries and looks risky. Rasmussen is miles ahead right now in terms of development.

Also you obviously got your comment liked by LA fanboys because you are pandering, but saying Vilardi "could be" a top 5 player in the draft right now is farfetched. I am looking at the risks and I don't see it.
Dude give it up, this thread is about Vilardi and you are coming here to pimp Rasmussen. We all know why..... because you are ****hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: King Trouty

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida

To be fair, Rasmussen produced much better than that stat line when you factor in his amazing playoffs, which was accumulated vs higher quality comp.

Rasmussen also is a bonafide NHLer already. Vilardi may be more talented but he may never get much of a chance to show it if he doesnt get healthier

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Seems like Vilardi is built for the old NHL, he has size, strength but no speed. Should fit in well with LA's current group.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Seems like Vilardi is built for the old NHL, he has size, strength but no speed. Should fit in well with LA's current group.
Draisaitl and Tavares had similar issues. It is not crippling for him (or them) because he's so strong on the puck combined with high-end hands that he can create time on the puck. Now, if his back doesn't hold up, its a different story.

The guys who can't succeed in the current NHL are the ones who have trouble are the ones who are slow and aren't strong, such as Dylan Strome.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would it matter what style he plays? If he doesn't play the bumper sticker style, they should acquire some players who do. If Vilardi hits his ceiling, he'll be one of the best players from this draft. He shouldn't be required to compensate for the rest of the team in that area. As a fan of neither the Kings or Wings, I'd much rather have Vilardi on my team. You could find a middle six much easier than you could find a player with 1C potential. Middle six players aren't even that hard to acquire, if for some reason Vilardi was to bust due to injuries and Rasmussen settles in as a middle six guy.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
As far as Ras vs Vilardi, it too early to tell. I was one of many who was mad when the wings took Ras instead, but again, too early in either's career to tell who was the better pick. Like many draft picks, its a crap shoot.

member 157595

Really liked him pre-draft. When he's healthy it's extraordinarily difficult to get the puck from him. I hope he pans out.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am excited to see what his game looks like against older, faster competition and how he adapts. I expect, however, it will take a couple of months to really get up to speed off of this long layoff. The transition from junior to pro hockey is hard enough without injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad