C Gabriel Vilardi (2017, 11th, LAK)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would like to get Vilardi out of LA if Byfield and Turcotte emerge as the 1-2 punch. I think that will be a few years away, though, and I want Vilardi soon.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would like to get Vilardi out of LA if Byfield and Turcotte emerge as the 1-2 punch. I think that will be a few years away, though, and I want Vilardi soon.
No point to move them , 1 would likely just move to wing. And I assume if you wanted 1 of them it starts with boldy.

But I figure they’ll go byfield vilardi carter or something

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kopitar is still on this team for 4 more years so it makes things interesting in year 3 and 4 with Turcotte, Byfield and a prime Vilardi.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Hey guys, are there still injury concerns for Vilardi? Is his back still a problem?

Thankfully, it seems no. I just hope its all 100% behind him now and he can continue with his career for a long time. I personally think Vilardi is our #1 prospect, ahead of Byfield, Turcotte, etc... in terms of actually reaching his true ceiling (whereas Byfield has a higher actual ceiling but may not ever reach it).

Reactions: ibleedkings

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca

All centers belong to us, ride Kopitar, Vilardi, Byfield, Turcotte down the middle for as long as you can. Unless they’re trading for a piece they desperately need.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
All centers belong to us, ride Kopitar, Vilardi, Byfield, Turcotte down the middle for as long as you can. Unless they’re trading for a piece they desperately need.

This might be why Turcotte ends up a winger, honestly. If we're rocking 6"3" 225 Kopitar, 6'3" 225 Vilardi, 6"5" 240 Byfield down the middle...

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
He's always been a great pick for the Kings and it looks like he worked his ass off to recover from the back injuries. Great AHL/NHL season last year. In part of that, his added muscle is gonna make him a force in very short time. He's gonna be practically immovable off the puck down low (a la Tomas Hertl) and IMO will become and similar impact of a player on the normal and fancy stat sheets like him. Super underrated player at this point.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm glad to see, that unlike some other Kings prospects, people seem to be rooting for Gabe. He's had a rough ride to get to this point. It's really two things: one, him fighting through injury to resume a derailed career, and two, he's just an excellent person. His interviews are great, he's extremely affable and friendly to everyone, and gives pretty thoughtful, mostly-cliche-free responses, which is refreshing.

However he's kind of a dick on the ice so I expect 30 games or so in all the goodwill is gone :laugh: and I, for one, am looking forward to it!

bland

Jul 1, 2004
This might be why Turcotte ends up a winger, honestly. If we're rocking 6"3" 225 Kopitar, 6'3" 225 Vilardi, 6"5" 240 Byfield down the middle...
Problem with that is most of Turcotte's strengths all center on playing up the middle: puck support, slot reads, draws, attacking and defensive transition reads and speed. Put him on the wing and the only real benefit is that is that he loves being the F1 on puck retrievals. With his attitude and slight build, playing the wing could take years off of his career.

Byfield likely won't be a real top 6 impact player for at least 2 full seasons, so there is plenty of time for Vilardi to establish himself as a primary point producer. I see Turcotte as the 3c as early as March, with Kopitar and Byfield slowly changing roles over the next 3 years, and Vilardi as the firm 2c for the next decade.

Man, such horrible problems to have...

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Guess whose been looking like a complete stud to start the season!
Tell me this isn't a feel good story even if its only 4 games into a shorten season.
I was wondering about him. He's not getting lot of minutes it seems, 14:18 minutes in average. And he's been getting constantly less and less with each game.

Reactions: Szechwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad