Prospect Info: (C) David Gustafsson (2018, 60th overall pick)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
He said he didn't want to throw much at Gus too quickly and he'd work him up into the PK once he settles in 5 on 5.
Guess he just doesn't want to shake up the 31st PK in the league :laugh:

Too quickly = before the age of 33.

Gus is good. He'll do well with whatever deployment he gets, and those three have played well together.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
He said he didn't want to throw much at Gus too quickly and he'd work him up into the PK once he settles in 5 on 5.
Guess he just doesn't want to shake up the 31st PK in the league :laugh:
Whether it ain't broke or not (??) let's don't fix it!

Reactions: None

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Any indication as to his injury? I have been busy with kiddo all day so haven't really been dialled into much of anything other than childrens' shows:laugh:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Get well soon, Gus

frame_0000.png

None

Feb 22, 2012
how did he play in those 2 NHL games this season? does he need more time in AHL?

I wouldn't draw much conclusion from like 6 total shifts but I thought he looked fine. I don't think there's any tentativeness to his game and I don't think he needs anymore time in the AHL.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bumping this thread.

Gus is an RFA so does anyone have an update on the status of that?
I'd imagine his camp is trying to figure out if the Jets have him penciled in on the big club as part of the decision making process.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I'd imagine his camp is trying to figure out if the Jets have him penciled in on the big club as part of the decision making process.
Assuming new coaching staff is still hammering out their strategy for this year/upcoming years.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Assuming new coaching staff is still hammering out their strategy for this year/upcoming years.
Yeah. I would HOPE they are analyzing everyone on the roster and deciding who fits where within their schemes - but I'm assuming they are hard at work figuring out what systems they are going to use.

Not sure they will be able to give Gus anything other than 'we see you as an important piece and hope to have you on the Jets roster this year'.

He is 22, so whilst it's not CRITICAL for him to take a step forward, this would be the year you'd hope to see that, especially since he's been an important piece of the Moose over the past couple of seasons.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah. I would HOPE they are analyzing everyone on the roster and deciding who fits where within their schemes - but I'm assuming they are hard at work figuring out what systems they are going to use.

Not sure they will be able to give Gus anything other than 'we see you as an important piece and hope to have you on the Jets roster this year'.

He is 22, so whilst it's not CRITICAL for him to take a step forward, this would be the year you'd hope to see that, especially since he's been an important piece of the Moose over the past couple of seasons.

I think he's waiver eligible so he sticks or someone else will claim him. I imagine he's penciled in for the 4th line C spot just due to that fact alone.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he's waiver eligible so he sticks or someone else will claim him. I imagine he's penciled in for the 4th line C spot just due to that fact alone.
Agreed. Don't know if there is much more for him to gain by remaining in the minors. Plus he looked good in the limited chance that he did get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad