C David Goyette - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2022, 61st, SEA)

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
He starts 2023 like he finished it with 4 pts tonight. He’s our best player every single game. Put anybody with him and they start producing instantly.

25 goals 26 passes 51 pts in 31 games. 5th overall in the OHL with the fewest games played.
Really? I thought Delic was much better than him today. Two fantastic passes that Goyette happened to touch for secondary assists. Also his goal was a freebie on an open net that was more of a good play on Musty. He happens to be in the right spot at the right time very often which is good but I don't think he was particularly good today. Just my thoughts.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Really? I thought Delic was much better than him today. Two fantastic passes that Goyette happened to touch for secondary assists. Also his goal was a freebie on an open net that was more of a good play on Musty. He happens to be in the right spot at the right time very often which is good but I don't think he was particularly good today. Just my thoughts.
He was the best today. Delic had a rough first but adjusted well . You are funny Goyette is just at the right spot by luck lolll I also love that he uses his teammates very well all the time. Very good game and year thus far.

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
He was the best today. Delic had a rough first but adjusted well . You are funny Goyette is just at the right spot by luck lolll I also love that he uses his teammates very well all the time. Very good game and year thus far.
When did I say it was by luck? If you don't want to discuss and just look at the scoreboard you're free to do so. Not sure why you're so triggered.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
When did I say it was by luck? If you don't want to discuss and just look at the scoreboard you're free to do so. Not sure why you're so triggered.
I think you just looked at the scoreboard yourself I see every game at home. Delic looks good when playing with Goyette its been that way for two years. Konyen last year and Musty this year. Just track Delic’s production in the last two years you’ll see. Anyways Goyette had 102 points in 2022 playing with different players. He gets it done for us.

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
I think you just looked at the scoreboard yourself I see every game at home. Delic looks good when playing with Goyette its been that way for two years. Konyen last year and Musty this year. Just track Deluc’s production in the last two years you’ll see. Anyways Goyette had 102 points in 2022 playing with different players. He gets it done for us.
That makes little sense because if I only looked at the scoreboard I wouldn't have made the initial comment as Delic only had 2 points vs 4 for Goyette...

I watch games from every team here and there so I'll take your word for it when it comes to Delic's situation. Goyette has had much better games than this recently but he still got 4 points in this one lol. Delic was all over the offensive zone and totally drove the offense this game, that's all. You can disagree if you want but I watched this game and that's what I thought. I don't think Goyette was particularly good but he was solid and had very good positioning and offensive zone presences to keep the play going, which allowed him to get the production as a result. I thought Delic had a better game despite the lower production. I don't think that's a controversial take at all.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Hoping someone can give this Kraken fan a little more insight into Goyette.

How good has Goyette been this year? I can see he is leading his team in goals and points but how much of that is to do with playing with one of the top prospects in Musty?

Also, what kind of player would he be at the NHL level if he makes it there? What would his potential ceiling be?

Thanks.

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Just one fan's thoughts:

I attend most Sudbury home games. Goyette is the centrepiece of the Wolves - well rounded player who is a great skater, goal scorer & playmaker; always makes players around him better. I'm of the opinion that Goyette is the reason that Musty is currently top 10 in OHL points and will probably get drafted higher than I would personally slot him. Goyette is very consistent and doesn't take games off, though I would say he has been a little quiet as of late by his standards. Seems like a great kid in interviews and by all accounts. He's got some fire in him and this was getting him some undisciplined penalties (roughing-type) at one points earlier in the year (over a ~5-8 game span) but he has cut this out now.

I'd have to think he's got 2nd or 3rd line potential in Seattle's forward unit most likely - though I don't claim to be any sort of a scout. Appears to be a very good pick by Seattle if you ask me!

Last edited:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Kid look to be a steal. He more likely long term to slot in behind Beniers and Wright as Kraken 3C? Or more likely to be shifted to the wing in a top 6 role? With his offensive production, he'll probably be able to keep up with top 6 high offensive talent at least.
They got another good one.
Really great what they've been able to do beyond the 3rd round, in just 2 drafts, it already looks like they've secured at least 4 or 5 possible long term starters in the 2 round and beyond. Which is really all you can ask from management in regard to the draft. The Nelson vs Evans competition going to be fun to watch too eventually.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
1 goal 2 assists today vs NB for his 40th of the year !

60gp 40 goals 46 assists for 86 pts

He brings it every game fun to watch

Reactions: barriers

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The leading scorer in the O. Not sure if it's just because he's a Seattle prospect and/or not many Kraken fans on HF, but he should be getting more hype than he is. I know we're getting better about tempering expectations/hype for major junior guys, but Goyette has been extremely impressive ever since his rookie season in the O, coming off of the pandemic year where he barely played.

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
The leading scorer in the O. Not sure if it's just because he's a Seattle prospect and/or not many Kraken fans on HF, but he should be getting more hype than he is. I know we're getting better about tempering expectations/hype for major junior guys, but Goyette has been extremely impressive ever since his rookie season in the O, coming off of the pandemic year where he barely played.
Yeah not a lot of Kraken fans on HF so these prospects get less love than they should be getting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad