C Cutter Gauthier - Boston College, NCAA (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
McTavish, Carlsson, Zegras, Gauthier. Feels like they need a true 1D with their pick this year.

Ya defense should be our main target but we’ll see…. I’m hoping we throw money at Roy in free agency . We’re stacked with goalies/forwards

Young Defensively we have
LD:Mintyukov zellweger lacombe Vaaks hinds dioncio
RD: lunea lidstrom helleson Warren moore

I think Mintyukov has 1d upside…. Zellweger/luneau both can be really good also(not sure 1d upside but def #3 upside)

I don’t really like the fits too much for RHD in this draft with where we are picking…. It’s hoping levshunov falls to us, or going off the board a bit for yakemchuk/parekh.

If we end up 3 and levshunov goes #2…. I do wonder if we look to trade down a few spots with a team that wants lindstrom or Demidov.

Maybe something like
Montreal 1st + barron +
For
Ana 1st

Montreal gets which ever forward they desire
Anaheim gets a stop gap with potential rhd (barron) and can take whichever dmen they want that’s still on the board(buium/parekh/yakemchuk)

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very Good chance he plays his first NHL game on Thursday according to the Ducks Broadcast last night.

Kinda hoping they give him a shot in the Top 6, preferably next to Leo. Lol

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The U.S. looks to have a stronger team than normal at this year's WCs but I can still see Gauthier getting the nod. He played last year and played well.

Yeah don’t see why he wouldn’t get the nod. Has to be hungry after a disappointing showing in the final championship game.

For Ducks fans, Would be cool to see him and Zegras there who is already listed to go.

Reactions: HanSolo

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
Never really in doubt, but Cutter has signed with the Ducks.

For all of the noise surrounding Cutter, he's a college hockey success story. Came back for a second year at the same program and had a historic goal-scoring season, markedly improved his 200-foot game, and was a key player on one of the better NCAA teams in recent memory. Also won gold at World Juniors. As impressive of a body of work as you can cram into a one-year period outside of the NHL itself.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Who is likely to pencil in at center vs wing? Lots of lefty centers there in Anaheim. Even more crowded if they get Celebrini

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who is likely to pencil in at center vs wing? Lots of lefty centers there in Anaheim. Even more crowded if they get Celebrini

Expect Cutter to be at LW. Carlsson and McTavish seem to have the 1C and 2C slots , according to Verbeek, but wouldn’t rule out Zegras, who has looked very good since being back from injury and is playing C now with McTavish done for the season.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Probably no way he plays center long term unless McTavish falls off a cliff. Leo and McTavish are the guys, and personally I think Zegras is best at center so I think he would be next up before Gauthier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Probably no way he plays center long term unless McTavish falls off a cliff. Leo and McTavish are the guys, and personally I think Zegras is best at center so I think he would be next up before Gauthier.

Fans can hate him all they want. It's part of fandom. Ducks fans Booed Karyia. The amazing thing is the organization who put on a whole smear campaign.

How hard is it to say "He didn't want to play here and we love the return we got"?
Maybe they didn't.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Ya defense should be our main target but we’ll see…. I’m hoping we throw money at Roy in free agency . We’re stacked with goalies/forwards

Young Defensively we have
LD:Mintyukov zellweger lacombe Vaaks hinds dioncio
RD: lunea lidstrom helleson Warren moore

I think Mintyukov has 1d upside…. Zellweger/luneau both can be really good also(not sure 1d upside but def #3 upside)

I don’t really like the fits too much for RHD in this draft with where we are picking…. It’s hoping levshunov falls to us, or going off the board a bit for yakemchuk/parekh.

If we end up 3 and levshunov goes #2…. I do wonder if we look to trade down a few spots with a team that wants lindstrom or Demidov.

Maybe something like
Montreal 1st + barron +
For
Ana 1st

Montreal gets which ever forward they desire
Anaheim gets a stop gap with potential rhd (barron) and can take whichever dmen they want that’s still on the board(buium/parekh/yakemchuk)
Started to reply to this before I saw you using Montreal as the example. Wondered about this scenario exactly as I feel like Chicago takes Levshunov and Verbeek won't want Demidov. Would definitely do 5th OA + Barron/Colorado's 2nd + 4th/5th for 3rd OA to get Demidov.

Anaheim still gets whichever of the D they want as I'd think Columbus would take Lindstrom. Roy would also be a good target for them but I genuinely think he might be the most sought after UFA available this summer

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Started to reply to this before I saw you using Montreal as the example. Wondered about this scenario exactly as I feel like Chicago takes Levshunov and Verbeek won't want Demidov. Would definitely do 5th OA + Barron/Colorado's 2nd + 4th/5th for 3rd OA to get Demidov.

Anaheim still gets whichever of the D they want as I'd think Columbus would take Lindstrom. Roy would also be a good target for them but I genuinely think he might be the most sought after UFA available this summer
Ya I imagine if levshunov is off the board a trade down with a team like Montreal/Phoenix maybe even ott/seattle some what makes sense. If we can add another 2nd and still get the player we want , why not

Maybe we lose out on Dickinson, but i could see us preferring buium or yakemchuk anyway

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Ya I imagine if levshunov is off the board a trade down with a team like Montreal/Phoenix maybe even ott/seattle some what makes sense. If we can add another 2nd and still get the player we want , why not
I think trading behind Ottawa would potentially be too far, they might also be sniffing at the RD prospects. The only thing I wonder is if they look at Lindstrom and just see a chance at another Getzlaf

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think trading behind Ottawa would potentially be too far, they might also be sniffing at the RD prospects. The only thing I wonder is if they look at Lindstrom and just see a chance at another Getzlaf

Ya but we have 4 guys that are natural centers in carlsson zegras mctavish and gauthier

I just can’t see us going center…. Hell I’d seriously consider moving 1st overall if we won(assuming the package was worth it). It’ll be interesting to see what PV does…. Rhd is def the weak spot in the org…. Our scouts have shown to like guys off from general consensus in the past…. I could def see us being very high on yakemchuk, buium and a guy like Iginla or MBN.

I also see a world where Chicago/San Jose go silayev at 2…. And leave levshunov for us if we want him…. So I guess we’d have to see post lottery and draft day

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Folks,

It’s time to move on from the Flyers discussion and this wild speculation and witch hunt. If you want to criticize Cutter’s on ice performance have at it.

This thread is to talk about Gauthier’s growth and development in the Ducks organization and etc, not to troll other fans, because of his decisions off the ice.

Thank you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad