C Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th, BUF) II

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
I don’t see why anyone would...not sure your point...
Everybody hates on other team's prospects, Mittelstadt isn't special in this regard. Saying he must be alright because of all the hate he gets is just wrong. And from what I've seen in this thread nobodies hating as much as pumping the brakes after a strong WJC.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Okposo is scoring a lot because Risto, ROR, and Eichel finally got the power play going and he was a recipient of a lot of assists because of that. 5v5 he cannot keep a puck on his stick to save his life and is an anchor with his skating.

Mittelstadt is doing fine, but he's a prospect who isn't scoring very much relative to peers who still took more time in college even after more than doubling his scoring rate in their D+1 season (Connor) or producing 70% higher (Keller, Boeser, etc). Those guys still needed more time, and Mittelstadt is clearly, clearly a level below them. If he is getting significant NHL minutes next year we are not in a good place.

I'm not a hater, I just don't have blind optimism about a team that's pacing for less than 60 points to be awesome next year.

And I don't see how you can assert that something with a 12.5% chance of happening will happen. And when it doesn't, I won't be surprised when you're the one screaming about the lottery being rigged.

And sure, Nylander has 8 points in his last 8 games, because he had 4 points two days ago in a 12-3 win, most of which were simple and unimpressive plays that his teammates did most of the work on. It was his first goal since what, mid-December? He is a terrible hockey player and hasn't impressed anyone on any ice surface since being drafted except for when he flashes his mitts during warmups while skating leisurely in circles.

yeah you're right nylander sucks mittlestadt sucks and okposo sucks, maybe the sabres should have the team moved to Utah and have everyone traded and/fired

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
yeah you're right nylander sucks mittlestadt sucks and okposo sucks, maybe the sabres should have the team moved to Utah and have everyone traded and/fired
This is clearly what I'm saying. Your hyperbole has direct correlation with the points I made.

Nice discussion.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
This is clearly what I'm saying. Your hyperbole has direct correlation with the points I made.

Nice discussion.
I'm burning my jersey right now, sorry mittlestadt won't be anything more than a bottom 6 player, because other prospects (On stacked teams) outscored him.

numbers aren't everything, everyone who has seen mittlestadt live (Myself included) knows how special he is

Reactions: STLBLUES44

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I'm burning my jersey right now, sorry mittlestadt won't be anything more than a bottom 6 player, because other prospects (On stacked teams) outscored him.

numbers aren't everything, everyone who has seen mittlestadt live (Myself included) knows how special he is
The idea that you think I am saying he won't be anything more than a bottom six player just tells me you're off on some other planet, because I said nothing of the sort.

But guys who outproduced him significantly still needed more time after those seasons, so all I'm saying is Casey will not be a good top six forward next season yet. That is literally all I said. You're claiming that I said he's a bust and will never succeed as a scorer. Stop.

I'm aware that numbers aren't everything, and, like I said, he's doing fine.

Can you confirm that we're on the same page here? Or are you next going to claim that I'd like to trade Mittelstadt for Yakupov and a seventh?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Has he hit the gym yet or is se still a fatso?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yeah...cool story.

Anyone who watched the game want to talk about how he actually played? He was everywhere with and without the puck. He backchecks harder than his teammates do anything. And that isn’t close to his strongest attribute

Have watched a ton of Goohers games this season. He’s clearly still going through some developmental stuff, but he’s shown flashes of being the best player on the ice - his skillset is sky high.

Excellent prospect.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Is Pettersson still a beanpole?

Don't understand why Nucks fans have to come in and trash every prospect taken near Pettersson, it's not like we had the chance to take him and passed on him.
What? In a redraft Id have Middlestat higher then 8 so whaaaat???

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Is Pettersson still a beanpole?

Don't understand why Nucks fans have to come in and trash every prospect taken near Pettersson, it's not like we had the chance to take him and passed on him.
please quote me more than 1 canuck fan trashing Mittlestadt, because I don't see them.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Because you mentioned something false and got called out? Lol. Nice.
That roseb guy is not even a canucks fan. Hes a troll. I've got him ignored from long ago
Forgive me for thinking that a guy with that username and signature is a Nucks fan, I don't know how I could have made such an egregious mistake! In any event, going from calling him a fatso to immediately saying he'd go higher in his redraft sounds like some serious backpedaling from getting called out. This is why I didn't want to waste my time, there's no winning in arguing with trolls.

As for what you wanted, Lawrence's post a couple pages back (to paraphrase since I can't figure out how to multiquote on the new site, we can't say he's had a good season bc of his WJC since he hasn't put up gaudy numbers in NCAA) isn't exactly flattering. Happy?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Forgive me for thinking that a guy with that username and signature is a Nucks fan, I don't know how I could have made such an egregious mistake! In any event, going from calling him a fatso to immediately saying he'd go higher in his redraft sounds like some serious backpedaling from getting called out. This is why I didn't want to waste my time, there's no winning in arguing with trolls. Either way anyone who is downright trashing

As for what you wanted, Lawrence's post a couple pages back (to paraphrase since I can't figure out how to multiquote on the new site, we can't say he's had a good season bc of his WJC since he hasn't put up gaudy numbers in NCAA) isn't exactly flattering. Happy?
Yes. But I assure you roseb is not a canucks fan. He tries his hardest to make it look like he is one and then trolls the main boards. Anyway, anyone who is downright trashing CM is blatantly wrong. However, I feel its not a stretch to say his performance is a bit disappointing so far for a 8th overall

Reactions: lawrence

lawrence

May 19, 2012
all I did was mention wjc performance and the performance of a players regular season is 2 different things.

Schroeder had a terrible D+1 season.

please do so.

oh the irony. If this is the case this forumwould be dead. No joke.

Forgive me for thinking that a guy with that username and signature is a Nucks fan, I don't know how I could have made such an egregious mistake! In any event, going from calling him a fatso to immediately saying he'd go higher in his redraft sounds like some serious backpedaling from getting called out. This is why I didn't want to waste my time, there's no winning in arguing with trolls.

what I said was a prospects WJC performance is irrelevant to his regular season performance. I actually meant for all prospects as I mentioned it in a Mittelstadt thread you might have think I am trying to crap on him, when infact I really wasn't, as I've been preaching this for a while.

IN terms of production, as a top 10 pick, if he was a drafted Canuck, he be getting trashed by enemy fan bases of how his production as a 1st rounder is a "little off" to be honest it is a little low for 1 st rounder, but that's not to say he's not a bad player.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Ill find my recent redraft which was before my noting of Middlestat as an obese guy bub. And ignore the poster lawrence and the poster Elias Pettersson. There both Benning boys who will curse any Canucks fan or not who says Benning is not the best thing in the world. They dont dare step foot in the Canucks subform here

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/140751305/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad