C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Reading these posts, Lambert was near the top of the mountain. Then he fell off the mountain. Now he is slowly climbing his way up again. I think Detroit will take a shot at him at 8. If not, I think the Isles will snatch him up at 13.
JMO
I agree with you. Unless Detroit falls in love with Gauthier or Lekkerimaki, who both fit their type of players they like. Outside chance at Savoie if he falls too but it’s hard to pass up Lambert’s talent.

If he falls past Detroit, it’s the 1st eye brow raised. Past Anaheim, there’s an issue. Past 13 and the isles, there’s a big issue.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Does anybody else think that Lambert was rushed to Liiga? To my eyes this guy was never actually good enough to play in Liiga. I think when a player is playing in a league that is above their level they might look worse than they actually are. Why was he never sent down to U20 Sm-Sarja or Mestis? Were Lamberts threatening to switch teams if he didn't get regular Liiga ice time? Were JYP and Pelicans coaches blinded by hype and didn't dare to send a top prospect down? I think Lambert should've played 2020-2021 season in U20 Sm-Sarja and Mestis and this past season should've been his first Liiga season.

I think it's possible, that Lambert lost his confidence when things didn't go well and he has not been able to get it back and that loss of confidence has contributed to his bad play.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Does anybody else think that Lambert was rushed to Liiga? To my eyes this guy was never actually good enough to play in Liiga. I think when a player is playing in a league that is above their level they might look worse than they actually are. Why was he never sent down to U20 Sm-Sarja or Mestis? Were Lamberts threatening to switch teams if he didn't get regular Liiga ice time? Were JYP and Pelicans coaches blinded by hype and didn't dare to send a top prospect down? I think Lambert should've played 2020-2021 season in U20 Sm-Sarja and Mestis and this past season should've been his first Liiga season.

I think it's possible, that Lambert lost his confidence when things didn't go well and he has not been able to get it back and that loss of confidence has contributed to his bad play.

I kinda agree. I think he was rushed to a too big of a role. Should have stayed in IFK and played on the 3rd line rather than switching to JYP for top 6 minutes on a much worse team. I don't think it did anything for him playing in JYP.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
And if you pay attention to his drafting strategy since, he almost explicitly picks high compete level, strong personality kids with his top picks.

That was pretty much the only reason analysts could explain Seider at 6 at the time.

You can explain Seider by the fact that Yzerman tried to trade down and take him with a lower pick, couldn’t pull off a pick trade, so he took the guy he wanted with the 1st he had.

And Anaheim was reportedly looking at taking him at 9th, so he couldn’t actually trade down that much and still get Seider.

It’s not some fantastical, unexplainable mystery.

Reactions: lafellaesobar

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I’m actually getting really excited over him, he definitely has some parts of his game to work out but he oozes potential

Reactions: lafellaesobar

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Any chance he plays center in NHL? I haven't followed him heavily but with what I have seen I haven't been overly impressed

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

This is possible. It’s hurt his draft stock in a major way.

hyd3nSeek

Dec 27, 2020
Finland

From what I know from JYP perspective I think the coach was forced to keep him in the lineup as a 2C. When coach is nicknamed as "Keenan" I doubt Lambert would have stayed there as long as he did without accountability as he did have very undisciplined plays.
So basically big part of the problem was the deal that the "GM" and Lamberts did and the fact that the GM forced coach to honor that deal. I think he would've been much effective as a winger in Liiga and all parties involved should've accepted that he wasn't ready as a 2C in Liiga.
I hope he gets to an organization that knows how to develop players because I still think he can be very good NHL player if he is developed right. I think he'll be picked around 8-15 range. I just can't see he could get past Isles, Jets and Canucks in the draft but maybe that's just me. Somehow I also feel like he's not a guy Kekäläinen would pick at 12th

Reactions: Jaska

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Any chance he plays center in NHL? I haven't followed him heavily but with what I have seen I haven't been overly impressed
I think he could be, but probably ends up on the wing.

I can't imagine a team drafting Lambert if they don't want him carrying the puck in transition (like a center typically does). That's the one thing that he's amazing at.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I can't imagine a team drafting Lambert if they don't want him carrying the puck in transition (like a center typically does). That's the one thing that he's amazing at.
Totally agreed, but I could see him bein utilized as a play driving winger ala Gaudreau or Bratt. I have previously had some concerns about his ability to be an effective defender below the circles, because he really isn't very strong on the puck. That said, it seems like he's done a good amount of growing in the last year - he was nearly 6'1 at the combine. So maybe he'll be able to add some heaviness to his game.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Lambert's career Liiga stats: 102 GP, 27 P, -41, 13:41 TOI (2020-2021), 14:15 TOI (2021-2022)
That is just laughably bad.

I just don't understand how this guy played as many Liiga games as he did and with decent ice time too.

Lambert really needs a "tough love" - type coach who isn't gonna tolerate his or his dad's BS and actually make him play a team game. I think Finland's WJC coach Antti Pennanen can be like that. In 2021 WJC he publicly criticized Lambert and then benched him. Lambert came back and I think played best hockey of the tournament.
This past season Pennanen dropped Lambert to "B" WJC team, but then of course, he got promoted back after Kemell's injury. Once again, Lambert responded by playing better. It seems Pennanen has the balls to "mistreat" Lambert, but Liiga coaches don't.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really like that.... He would destroy juniors and get some much needed confidence back.
True, but would it best the best thing for his development? I honestly don't know. Maybe it is what he needs.

He would get so much freaking hype on here from the fans of whatever team drafted him if it happens, I know at least that much lol.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
His skill set really is way more suited for the NA style of faster pace play.
Yeah I think a lot of the people who are high on him are expecting him to come over to the AHL or maybe even the CHL next year and get back to his more dominant self.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I really like that.... He would destroy juniors and get some much needed confidence back.
02b.gif

Perhaps he simply needs a coach who knows something good when he sees it.

I'm only half-joking. I could easily see NYI drafting Lambert, and trying to engineer a situation in Jukurit similar to the one that helped reestablish Raty's confidence.

Reactions: SI90

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
02b.gif

Perhaps he simply needs a coach who knows something good when he sees it.

I'm only half-joking. I could easily see NYI drafting Lambert, and trying to engineer a situation in Jukurit similar to the one that helped reestablish Raty's confidence.
I sure hope not.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Not only was he probably rushed, he likely lost a lot of confidence in the role he was playing. You see it all the time when younger players make these types of moves. Then after the move he just didn’t get it back. What cannot be ignored is how skilled he is and the pace he can play.

Honestly think he goes as high as 5OA to the Flyers. Doubt he drops past 10OA. He’s just to good of a player, and nothing suggests it’s his attitude.

Reactions: Patty Ice and bsu

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
True, but would it best the best thing for his development? I honestly don't know. Maybe it is what he needs.
I think it's exactly like what he needs. Similar to what some Sabres fans are hoping for Isak Rosen next year.

Play a year in the CHL and dominate, get your confidence up, spend a year or two in the A and then hopefully he's back on track by then.

Reactions: Team Cozens

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think it's exactly like what he needs. Similar to what some Sabres fans are hoping for Isak Rosen next year.

Play a year in the CHL and dominate, get your confidence up, spend a year or two in the A and then hopefully he's back on track by then.
Agreed with this. I feel like he would put up 120+ points if he plays in the CHL. It's a clear level below the WJC, where he's been an animal.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Not only was he probably rushed, he likely lost a lot of confidence in the role he was playing. You see it all the time when younger players make these types of moves. Then after the move he just didn’t get it back. What cannot be ignored is how skilled he is and the pace he can play.

Honestly think he goes as high as 5OA to the Flyers. Doubt he drops past 10OA. He’s just to good of a player, and nothing suggests it’s his attitude.
He's been going from team to team in Liiga and he honestly got quite a bit of heat because of it. Many experienced journalists said that "this little kid is just playing with Liiga teams as he wishes" and they painted a picture of him being difficult.

Every time he plays for national team he shines. His raw talent is undeniable and i feel that he'll be perfect for NA hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad