C Aatu Räty - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 52nd, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Nice to hear that Räty is doing well, but does he have a chance to make the team this season? Maybe one more year in Finland (or in the AHL) could be a better route?

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Nice to hear that Räty is doing well, but does he have a chance to make the team this season? Maybe one more year in Finland (or in the AHL) could be a better route?
Raty is almost certainly going back to Finland for one more year, probably the best place for him. Isles are pushing for the cup and are really deep this year, and the AHL squad is just too crowded for Raty to get meaningful playing time.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Playing on Preds' top six this season...
Nope. Answer you’re looking for is “hasn’t made the NHL full time yet, career high of 22pts, and a 40pt pace”. Being in the top 6 at 23 just because a team has bad forwards isn’t very impressive.

Certainly not after so many posters kept saying he was the “steal of the draft” or “top 5 in a re-draft” after his quick start.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Nope. Answer you’re looking for is “hasn’t made the NHL full time yet, career high of 22pts, and a 40pt pace”. Being in the top 6 at 23 just because a team has bad forwards isn’t very impressive.

Certainly not after so many posters kept saying he was the “steal of the draft” or “top 5 in a re-draft” after his quick start.
Wow. Talk about not understanding the chances of your 30th pick turning into an NHL player. Also he's 22.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

ijuka

May 14, 2016

It is a 45 point pace, not a 40 point pace. He has over half a point per game in his career. "Hasn't made the NHL full time yet" is not very honest. He also is 22, not 23.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Wow. Talk about not understanding the chances of your 30th pick turning into an NHL player. Also he's 22.
Talk about missing the entire point. 10 good games in the KHL does not make you the “steal of the draft” or a “top 5pick” like the OP I was responding to. Crazy how little some people will follow a conversation yet still chime in.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It is a 45 point pace, not a 40 point pace. He has over half a point per game in his career. "Hasn't made the NHL full time yet" is not very honest. He also is 22, not 23.
See above for the same response.

Not surprised to see Finnish fans being so defensive over a finish prospect. Especially since I’m pretty sure it was you guys saying this about him in the first place.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Talk about missing the entire point. 10 good games in the KHL does not make you the “steal of the draft” or a “top 5pick” like the OP I was responding to. Crazy how little some people will follow a conversation yet still chime in.
He had a good KHL regular season, great KHL playoffs and great Olympics. Hype was warranted. Turns out he took longer than people expected. That's fine. Stop being willfully ignorant.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Raty has looked very good in both Isles preseason games, not at all looking out of place.

That being said, he's back to Finland, most likely in the AHL next year and the Isles a year later...which would be astounding considering the Isles seem to like their prospects to be at least 22 or 23 before they hit the parent club.

Can't say if he's a "steal of the draft" but he looks like he's NHL bound, which is more than you can say for most 2nd rounders.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Raty has looked very good in both Isles preseason games, not at all looking out of place.

That being said, he's back to Finland, most likely in the AHL next year and the Isles a year later...which would be astounding considering the Isles seem to like their prospects to be at least 22 or 23 before they hit the parent club.

Can't say if he's a "steal of the draft" but he looks like he's NHL bound, which is more than you can say for most 2nd rounders.
Good point, anytime you get a late 2nd rd pick that looks like they can just play in the NHL this soon, it is a big checkmark. And also very correct, Isles have players in their early 20's that have not made it. This is a positive sign for Raty and the Isles at aged 18.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He had a good KHL regular season, great KHL playoffs and great Olympics. Hype was warranted. Turns out he took longer than people expected. That's fine. Stop being willfully ignorant.
It’s not being ignorant, it’s pointing out one of thousands of examples of players who have a great non NHL season and fans lose their mind, already declaring a winner of the draft.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It was not 10 good games in KHL, it was an amazing season in KHL at 18 years of age. Still the best of that age in there by the way, better than Kuznetsov, Kaprizov, Tarasenko etc. and yes, I'd say that hype in that case is warranted even if it in the end isn't perfectly accurate.

And clearly it's not "one of thousands of examples" if it's the best season all-time, right? That's just an exceedingly misguided statement.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017

Also he made the NHL last year. But i see your point
On another note Raty is a very interesting case, it's going to be interesting to see where he goes from now on

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Also he made the NHL last year. But i see your point
On another note Raty is a very interesting case, it's going to be interesting to see where he goes from now on
He signed a 3-year NHL contract so we can say he made NHL full time no?

Was more meant towards that grumpy Red Wings fan who missed out on Räty ;)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
forward prospects and Thompson scare me. I know not all players are the same but I feel like Bridgeport hasn’t been the best place for forward prospects.
I kind of got the same feeling, until Wahlstrom developed into a NHL player for the Isles last year. If Karpat uses Raty better this year allowing him a chance to succeed rather than last year where he reportedly did not have a true chance to establish himself in his draft year, I can see him coming over next year, and have a similar progression as Wahlstrom did. If I recall Lou's handling of players, I do think it's very rare that he does not season his rookies in the AHL with a taste of riding the buses. Sort of like you earn the right to play in the NHL. After they do, the good players never look back.

Reactions: SI90

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It was not 10 good games in KHL, it was an amazing season in KHL at 18 years of age. Still the best of that age in there by the way, better than Kuznetsov, Kaprizov, Tarasenko etc. and yes, I'd say that hype in that case is warranted even if it in the end isn't perfectly accurate.

And clearly it's not "one of thousands of examples" if it's the best season all-time, right? That's just an exceedingly misguided statement.
Nope. These statements came in droves after just about 10 games with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad