HF Habs: Byron or Gallagher

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Im having quite a debate with a good friend of mine.
Question is pretty simple.

If you have to pick between Byron or Gallagher to build a team which one do you pick?

We need some outsiders comments.

THx :cheers:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Byron.

Elite speed, great on the PK, excellent forechecker and he's just as feisty as Gallagher in the corners and in front of the net. Much better contract too.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Uh, Gallagher, no brainer. He's on the worst run of his career right now, Byron is at his peak.

Byron is ideally a great 3rd liner, Gallagher is a legit top 6 winger when he's not riddled with injuries and such.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
sale high by low technically it would a good idea to trade Byron but he is fitting just to well with the team.. Gallagher is at an all time low no way im going to get screwed over in a trade right now. give the guy a chance he give his heart soul and body every freaking game. he deserve as many chances we can give him. everybody has downs even Price.

i'll say he will bounce back confidence and momentun changes everything.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Its not a fair comparison right now since Byron is the hottest he ever been while Gallagher had an off year. Also, Byron has almost the highest shooting % in the league, while Gallagher has one of the lowest for a goal scorer.

I love Byron, but I would go with Gallagher.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The fact you need to ask the question when one is on a career year while the other is completely off kinda answers it.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'm gonna be controversial here and say both are useful players, Gallagher has much more value and is better than Byron. I think Gallagher is a smarter player too.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Gallagher, but there's really no real reason why both couldn't be on any team. It's not like Lundqvist or Price, Subban or Weber, or anything like that.

I'm gonna be controversial here and say both are useful players, Gallagher has much more value and is better than Byron. I think Gallagher is a smarter player too.

...It's probably the least controversial post in the thread, actually.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bryron.

I'll add that he has been the best forward on the Habs night in night out since the coaching change.

Gallagher having an off year.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Tough to say. Byron's having a much better season than Gallagher, but 1 off season from Gallagher isn't enough to write him off.

Right now I'd say Gallagher.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Both.....nobody is going anywhere.....cap hit is too great when it comes to these two!

Bergevin has found gems in Benn and Byron. In turn, we gave up a defenseman that's been scratched in Dallas more often then not!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad