• Justin Brain

• Bevin Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think the monkey is off our backs a bit. Felt like we we’re chasing that series the whole way. I know Igor is going to be much better. Mika too. I think we take a deep breath here and play our best hockey against Carolina

We will also benefit from being the underdog

Reactions: bhamill

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Does anyone else feel a bit less enthused than in 2015 after the Stepan goal? I feel like that year the league was wide open and this year I just don't know if we have enough to beat Carolina that are our worst matchup possibly in the entire league. In 2014 we caught a break with Montreal beating Boston, wish Boston did that to Carolina. Anyway, I guess it's house money but it would be nice if that magical first round turned into a cup this year.
I'm just gonna throw this down: we're not winning the Stanley Cup.

This is about a core of young guys and doubted veterans making a massive statement that they can handle playoff hockey.

From here, we just have fun.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Yea, this is not a series I will be disappointed in. If they bow out to Carolina, I will sleep fine. I will miss hockey and this group for the summer, though. It'll be tough, for sure. However, this group made a massive statement. The top-4 averaging 24 years of age and a green Schneider playing solid hockey, as well. You build it from the net on out. Need to be tighter in round two, the entire team.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

This is about a core of young guys and doubted veterans making a massive statement that they can handle playoff hockey.

Agree with this. Ill go so far as to say I definitely think they can beat any team remaining in a playoff series, but they aren't fully equipped to win 3 more.

Reactions: Machinehead

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
One thing I’ll say and it’s not to put down Jack Hughes who no doubt will be a great player but all the crap you hear all the time about Kakko and Lafreniere and these are 20 year olds who will be playing in the 2nd round now. Jack Hughes might double their numbers next year but his situation and the Devils team situation is different and it may be a few years still before Jack’s team gets to the playoffs. As a team we are definitely in a better place and our young kids are in a better place too.
It goes to the same previous point of Hughes being ahead in his development via the virtue of extra minutes per game he was getting with NJD. Now Lafreniere and Kakko are gaining this valuable experience (and god willing every year to come) while Jack watches this season and likely for at least the next season too.

They are starting to get good at it .
Underrated post - should've gotten more likes.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

Yeah this is all house money for me now.

Pittsburgh stressed me out because I despise that franchise. Now, whatever happens happens and I’m cool with that.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I actually wonder if we win if Jarry doesn't start yesterday. He was so cold coming in, was going down early on every shot, and looked like he couldn't push off well on one of his feet.

I really questioned that decision from the beginning and I have to say that I think I was right. Jarry never should've started. But thankfully he did.
Lose / lose situation for Pens - the alternative to Jarry was 4gpga AHLer

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019

Man that's really unbelievable that it wasn't overturned.

I can deal with Chytil's goal not counting in game one. But this is just a bad video review.

Everybody thinks they know it all on this board and you are at the top of that list. It's not being a homer if you are positive FYI. We understand the team isn't complete but it's been a great season regardless. This team just had a 110 point season and is in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Are we not supposed to be happy about that? Some posters here will be negative and miserable no matter what this team does short of a cup. I love this team. I think they have what it takes to be a cup champion in a few years with some additional moves. If that makes me a "homer" so be it.
If this team wins the cup, I can guarantee you there will still be "fans" who are miserable about how it was achieved in some way.

I'm almost positive about that.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I think that pitt series goes much easier for our young team if we win game 1 like we should have. But we faced adversity square and I think we’re settled in now.
For the development and future of this young team, I don't think the Pitt series could have gone any better: 7 games against a very experienced team with a top 5 of the last 50 years player at the pinnacle of his game, overtime win AND loss, lopsided calls in favor of the opposition, facing all sorts of adversity, including injuries, and hostile general media... and OVERCOMING.
Regardless of how this next series ends up this is a HUGE positive post season for NYRs.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I think the monkey is off our backs a bit. Felt like we we’re chasing that series the whole way. I know Igor is going to be much better. Mika too. I think we take a deep breath here and play our best hockey against Carolina
Yeah I mean we still have not played like we did in regular season...still not sure if Bread is hurt...maybe sulking at tight checking?

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
So Pens fans and wagon-riders like Bissonette literally watched that series unfold and came to the conclusion the referees and the league were trying to gift the series... TO THE RANGERS???

These are sick people, folks.
All sports fans are biased, to a degree and that's what it's all about... But this group of entitled babies only see things they want to see. They would only concede winning to the defending SC champions, and even then there would be a reason why they were "kept from winning".

The Rangers beat the Pens in the long game... and they don't like it. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad