• Bevin Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I said several times in multiple threads I didn't believe he had a concussion. He wasn't hit very hard.

So they milked it in the media to get Trouba suspended, while holding him out simply for precautionary reasons. I hate that team so much....Last night's win was so sweet, but hearing this just made me pour another glass of wine to celebrate even more.

In all honesty, I'm fairly certain he did. Unfortunately I seen it far too much coaching minor hockey, Crosby checked a lot of boxes for me. Even in game 7 when he was digging on Igor's scoop and Lindgren had to muscle Crosby off - Crosby had this glassy but startled look on his face. I was legit concerned.

When you suffered previous concussions, most times it don't take much for the next one. Just the right scenario.

Just my opinion based on what I saw, not a professional on the matter obviously :)

But please understand, from the bottom of my blue heart pumping blue blood through my veins, I'm so glad we beat that POS franchise. Everything here on out for me is pure, pure gravy.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Mika’s game tying goal def had luck on our side. The puck was slightly behind him, very hard to lift from that spot. But when he dusted it off, it was wobbling ever so slightly and the wobble allowed the puck to zip high up versus what would normally have been a 0-1 foot high shot East save. Jarry was shocked at the lift.

I think the short handed breakaway backhand goal from the Pens was a similar situation, slight wobble on the puck, come under the puck a bit with a backhand flick and the puck jumps 3-4 feet and beats Shesty. I’d have also liked Shesty not to be backing up so hard on a clear shot attempt coming Georgiev style
I think Shesty stops that breakaway if Key just let him go. Looked to me like Shesty was assuming Rodrigues was going down and bracing himself for the impact. Dude is completely money on breakaways.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Unspoken element in this game is how hard John "better than Fox" Marino derped in this game.

We really did a poor job taking advantage of him over this series, but almost as satisfying as watching Matheson get burned repeatedly in g2.
I’m still not sure why this team stopped pummeling that kid into submission after game 1. They were crushing him every shift, clearly part of the game plan, and it was working. Very weird to see them laying off subsequently.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’m still not sure why this team stopped pummeling that kid into submission after game 1. They were crushing him every shift, clearly part of the game plan, and it was working. Very weird to see them laying off subsequently.
He coughed it up every time they did.

He did this in the regular season too. I don't know wtf happened after that period because they came out on fire and then never did it again for the rest of the series.

He was terrible yesterday, but it wasn't because they were hitting him.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
In all honesty, I'm fairly certain he did. Unfortunately I seen it far too much coaching minor hockey, Crosby checked a lot of boxes for me. Even in game 7 when he was digging on Igor's scoop and Lindgren had to muscle Crosby off - Crosby had this glassy but startled look on his face. I was legit concerned.

When you suffered previous concussions, most times it don't take much for the next one. Just the right scenario.

Just my opinion based on what I saw, not a professional on the matter obviously :)

But please understand, from the bottom of my blue heart pumping blue blood through my veins, I'm so glad we beat that POS franchise. Everything here on out for me is pure, pure gravy.
No need to qualify your fandom, we're usually on the same page. I also noticed his eyes as well during that scrum & commented on it last night. I had that same thought that I was legit concerned for his well being, as much as I extremely dislike him an opponent. I had been reluctant on the diagnosis, but when the team "confirmed" a concussion, I was paying more attention.

However, I keep circling back to the fact that if a hit that light concussed him on Wednesday, he shouldn't have been out there at all for the rest of the season or maybe ever again. If it's true, it was extremely reckless on his part & the team's part to play on Sunday if it was risky enough to not play him on Friday. That's why I keep questioning if it was more gamesmanship to create false outrage. It doesn't really matter at this point...except to Cindy & his long term health.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
No need to qualify your fandom, we're usually on the same page. I also noticed his eyes as well during that scrum & commented on it last night. I had that same thought that I was legit concerned for his well being, as much as I extremely dislike him an opponent. I had been reluctant on the diagnosis, but when the team "confirmed" a concussion, I was paying more attention.

However, I keep circling back to the fact that if a hit that light concussed him on Wednesday, he shouldn't have been out there at all for the rest of the season or maybe ever again. If it's true, it was extremely reckless on his part & the team's part to play on Sunday if it was risky enough to not play him on Friday. That's why I keep questioning if it was more gamesmanship to create false outrage. It doesn't really matter at this point...except to Cindy & his long term health.
100% agree on everything there buddy. :)

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
How often you go 3:1 and then lose the series? That's some underrated choking job
If I remember correctly, didn’t the penguins lose to the Islanders after having a 3-0 lead in the series, please correct if I am wrong

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I think Shesty stops that breakaway if Key just let him go. Looked to me like Shesty was assuming Rodrigues was going down and bracing himself for the impact. Dude is completely money on breakaways.

Definitely, hard to get a clean look on what is going to happen in that scenario as a goalie. Shesty was telescoping back too aggressively though. Like you said too, my money is that Shesty stops that all day if it was an absolute clean break for Rodriguez.

Reactions: Synergy27

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone else feel a bit less enthused than in 2015 after the Stepan goal? I feel like that year the league was wide open and this year I just don't know if we have enough to beat Carolina that are our worst matchup possibly in the entire league. In 2014 we caught a break with Montreal beating Boston, wish Boston did that to Carolina. Anyway, I guess it's house money but it would be nice if that magical first round turned into a cup this year.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Does anyone else feel a bit less enthused than in 2015 after the Stepan goal? I feel like that year the league was wide open and this year I just don't know if we have enough to beat Carolina that are our worst matchup possibly in the entire league. In 2014 we caught a break with Montreal beating Boston, wish Boston did that to Carolina. Anyway, I guess it's house money but it would be nice if that magical first round turned into a cup this year.
I don’t think we’re winning the cup. I’m ecstatic to be here though. I was really worried that the kids experience was about to be ended in 5 games. All I wanted was to force games 6 and 7. Getting at least another 4 games against a high caliber opponent will do wonders for this team. It’s not our turn, but this is the beginning of what will hopefully be the next decade.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

I was definitely hoping Boston would have been able to pull it off. Either way, the rest of the way won't be easy regardless.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
No

We didn't catch shit in 14. If Chicago beat LA the cup would have been in MSG.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Has any player put up more goals against us in a series than Guentzel did like… ever?

Guy was a pain in the ass unlike any I recall in the playoffs against us since Alex Semin.
PIT has a knack for pulling these guys out of thin air. Though, I suppose Crosby can make any player look that good.

Reactions: NCRanger

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yeah I actually thought they could/should win it all in 2015. Winning that series felt legitimately like being one step closer to getting that Cup.

I feel like we should have won this Pitt series but house money is a good description. I would say I do feel less exuberance.

HANK30

Why not us?

That's the thing about hockey - you never know who's going to win. Say we beat Carolina and have to play Tampa Bay in the Conf. Final. We've done well against Tampa all year (which I know is meaningless) but we seem to match up well with them. Then say somehow that Colorado loses and we have to play the Final vs Calgary or Edmonton. We have a shot if things fall into place.

Last edited:

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
That's the thing about hockey - you never know who's going to win. Say we beat Carolina and have to play Tampa Bay in the Conf. Final. We've done well against Tampa all year (which I know is meaningless) but we seem to match up well with them. Then say somehow that Colorado loses and we have to play the Final vs Calgary or Edmonton. We have a shot if things fall into place.

If the Rangers have any hope of advancing they'll need to find some structure, fast. They were playing preseason defense against the Penguins and it took a historic group of come-back games to beat what is probably the weakest team in the East.

So much room for improvement but will we see it this season? I'm not super confident. If we manage to take 1 or even 2 games from the Canes it'll be a massively successful year for the crew. They should have another decade worth of chances with this core

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

iu

HANK30

Why not us?
If the Rangers have any hope of advancing they'll need to find some structure, fast. They were playing preseason defense against the Penguins and it took a historic group of come-back games to beat what is probably the weakest team in the East.

So much room for improvement but will we see it this season? I'm not super confident. If we manage to take 1 or even 2 games from the Canes it'll be a massively successful year for the crew. They should have another decade worth of chances with this core

Yes, they have to improve for sure to advance to the Conf. Finals. Pittsburgh was skating in circles at times around the Rangers. But I'm hopeful the team gained some confidence after round 1 and that that confidence will carry through. The Rangers were 1-3 vs Carolina during the regular season, but two of those losses were decided by 1 goal (not counting Aho's empty netter in last matchup).

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Does anyone else feel a bit less enthused than in 2015 after the Stepan goal? I feel like that year the league was wide open and this year I just don't know if we have enough to beat Carolina that are our worst matchup possibly in the entire league. In 2014 we caught a break with Montreal beating Boston, wish Boston did that to Carolina. Anyway, I guess it's house money but it would be nice if that magical first round turned into a cup this year

Just enjoy the ride. All the pressure is on Carolina and the Rangers are a confident group with a better goalie. We may lose but I see no reason why we cant win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad