Buying a 1st Year of a new model - VW Atlas

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Congrats on the purchase, I was thinking about one of these *maybe* as a next vehicle in August, but now that the Ascent is out I would most likely stick with that since I am currently in a Subaru. As said before, I doubt there will be many problems because of the shared platform thing, but I also worked at VWoA in 2004 during the Touareg release and that debacle still gives me nightmares. :laugh:

I think my only complaint with the Atlas is the wheel size, it just looks way too small on that car. I think some beefy/bigger tires would make it look a lot better. It's probably going to be same complaint with the Ascent.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I think my only complaint with the Atlas is the wheel size, it just looks way too small on that car. I think some beefy/bigger tires would make it look a lot better. It's probably going to be same complaint with the Ascent.

Was having a conversation related to this a few weeks ago with some friends who work for dealers. There are larger OEM rims available and they aren't overly expensive, but no one has been interested in them. Even people dropping more than $60,000 on top of the line ones who might be adding $5-6 a month in payments if they upgraded the wheels aren't doing it. It might be "truck" sized but it's still based on a car platform, and in person it doesn't look that small. They look bigger than my Touraeg and I have 20" rims on mine.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
For what it's worth, we are about 6 months in and enjoying the Atlas. I mean it truly is our family vehicle with 3 kids in car seats and with neighbours often a 4th or 5th. I would highly recommend it to those who feel like they need a mini-van but just don't want one. All 3 kids fit in the middle row which means there is a ton of space for storage in the back. OR We put the oldest in the back by himself and there is enough space to reach in and help him get buckled in.

I definitely agree on the thought of bigger wheels/tires. I'd like to size up after we go through the originals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad