"But Mooooom... I don't want to wear clothes from Meijer."

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
"It's ok if they put ads on the helmet for this season. They need to make up revenue somehow due to COVID."
I barely, if at all, noticed the ads on the helmets. Those ads had no negative influence on me after the first couple of games of the season.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Anything to avoid saying "advertising on helmets" I guess.

I'm trying to imagine the meeting where they were kicking around what they'd call it.

Personally, I think they should have went with something a little more fun.

"This season we're proud to announce Meijer is the official Bucket Buddy!"

Some alternatives from the drawing board:
Lid Lad
Helmet Helper
Dome Daddy

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I barely, if at all, noticed the ads on the helmets. Those ads had no negative influence on me after the first couple of games of the season.

It was a Trojan horse, though. They got in the door with the covid excuse and never left. It was how they soft launched putting them on the actual uniforms. They've already announced they'll be on the sweaters in coming seasons.

At the end of the day we're all numb to advertising at this point but it was nice to have one spot, the players uniforms, that weren't covered in sponsors.

But I guess even that's not true, as all the gear was branded anyway and most players were given some incentive to wear it.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Bucket Buddy

Sounds like a term on Urban Dictionary with an NSFW meaning.

Also reminds me of the time my buddy said to his wife, "You are my honeybucket." She said, "Aww that's so sweet." To he said, "...Do you know what a honeybucket is?"

Reactions: Bench

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009

Attachments

• 2018-10-10 01.48.35.png
    2018-10-10 01.48.35.png
    418.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You're why ads will be on the actual sweater in 5 years

Nah, it's not him. This was coming because they can't resist making more free money. It really doesn't matter what any of us think.

Ad creep is prevalent in every single part of our lives now. Meijer doesn't care if we like the ads on helmets, they care about brand recognition. They want to be at the front of your brain. Pure blunt exposure to make their name the first word out of your mouth when you think groceries.

And it should be noted for some people the Red Wings brand carries weight and good vibes, so Meijer wants to piggyback that too. Good vibes by association.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Nah, it's not him. This was coming because they can't resist making more free money. It really doesn't matter what any of us think.

Ad creep is prevalent in every single part of our lives now. Meijer doesn't care if we like the ads on helmets, they care about brand recognition. They want to be at the front of your brain. Pure blunt exposure to make their name the first word out of your mouth when you think groceries.

And it should be noted for some people the Red Wings brand carries weight and good vibes, so Meijer wants to piggyback that too. Good vibes by association.

You gots Meijers in Minneapolis?

They're 4th or 5th on my list for Grocery go-tos.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I like the positive spin, I am just wondering if people realize this is only the beginning

upload_2021-9-15_16-16-35.png

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You gots Meijers in Minneapolis?

They're 4th or 5th on my list for Grocery go-tos.

I don't think we do. Cub Foods and Lunds seem to own that landscape here. Some Hy-Vee's in the burbs along with the usual Trader Joe's/Aldi's. And there's a Target with grocery around every turn.

Where I grew up in Michigan there were no Meijer stores but there is one built recently. I don't believe I've actually ever set foot in one.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I look forward to the official Ads for Nads partner when advertising makes it's way to athletic protectors that must be worn over the pants when they run out of uniform space.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Marketing and advertising are the most insidious degradations of our society. This developing trend with the NHL is very sad. Ads during broadcasts. Ads on the boards. Ads for arena names. Ads on the uniforms. Why not just CGI the players out and have a Starbucks logo pass to an Amazon logo for the tip in score? Obviously the answer is that they haven't worked out the technology. Yet.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
There's still room on his visor. Oakley ad would be perfect. Just give him a narrow slit to look through and he should be fine.

I wonder who will be the first player to sell their name to an ad agency. Wallmart passes to Netflix, Netflix drags around Quicken Loans, he gains the inside!!!, NETFLIX with the Segate hard DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE brought to you by Charmin. Oh! kicked a side by LifeLock to the Chase Bank boards. The Mcdonald's Puck Cokeacola's passed the Blue Apron Line and the Little Caesars Great Lakes Crossing Kroger Hot and Ready Buffalo Wild Wings have to exit the Auto Zone... This Star Trek Picard Romulan neutral zone transition brought to you by Bell Tire, and this Bell Tire ad brought to you by Snickers.... cut to commercial break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad