Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky to Colorado for COL 2nd and ARIZ 3rd (both 2020) and Scott Kosmachuk

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Super-classy when a fan of another team insists on providing unasked-for updates on a player traded to their team, as if it is some sad attempt to continuously prove their team 'won' a trade.

I have the internet, too. I can look his stats up myself.

Well....when he goes on his 20 game goalless streak we can check in and update the guy that Burt has cooled off a little(jk)

Reactions: milehigh11

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Super-classy when a fan of another team insists on providing unasked-for updates on a player traded to their team, as if it is some sad attempt to continuously prove their team 'won' a trade.

I think if Caps wanted to win the trade, they could send Bura in a very bad team, but they didn't. I think they liked Bura and wanted him to succeed.

Jun 15, 2007
The Caps traded Forsberg and won the cup. Cause and effect. Or Forsberg has 15 pts this season and Tom Wilson has 18. I don't cry over Filip Forsberg

4 years later.

I guess Shattenkirk trade was a good trade too since we won the cup later.

Everytime someone brings up the Erat trade you bring up Wilson as if that's somehow relevant. We could have both.

Jun 15, 2007
Everything that happened before the cup led to SC win. Caps could have an easier path to success, but it's not 100%. Which route is better? 100% or something that is less than 100%?

Sure. Butterfly effect. I get that.

But that's a stupid way to evaluate moves. That means every move ever made for a team that won a cup is good. Hiring Adam Oates. Picking Sasha Pokulok. Trading for Jagr.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Sure. Butterfly effect. I get that.

But that's a stupid way to evaluate moves. That means every move ever made for a team that won a cup is good. Hiring Adam Oates. Picking Sasha Pokulok. Trading for Jagr.
I think it means you can evaluate until you reach this ultimate milestone. Once you reached it, values of trades are set and can't be changed.

Besides, you can't bring Jagr because core players was different, therefore it's irrevelant.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

4 years later.

I guess Shattenkirk trade was a good trade too since we won the cup later.

Everytime someone brings up the Erat trade you bring up Wilson as if that's somehow relevant. We could have both.

Yup. Stuff happens. What happened with Erat and Forsberg was part of what made the Caps who they were. If you want to moan about it now, feel free. I don't care about that trade. I am not at all sure what their roster looks like with that guy still on it. It very likely changes a lot. Far from just the one guy.

The reason I mention Wilson is that McPhee pretty clearly prioritized Wilson over Forsberg. My view was there was room for 1 of them. I am probably wrong. I always am. Wilson was playing in the NHL and McPhee had said that Forsberg would be in the AHL the next season.

Jun 15, 2007
The reason I mention Wilson is that McPhee pretty clearly prioritized Wilson over Forsberg. My view was there was room for 1 of them. I am probably wrong. I always am. Wilson was playing in the NHL and McPhee had said that Forsberg would be in the AHL the next season.

It was Bura not Wilson. Why would it be Wilson? Wilson and Forsberg are completely different players.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It was Bura not Wilson. Why would it be Wilson? Wilson and Forsberg are completely different players.

Its really a combination of both. But ok. It was Burakovky. Its Burakovsky which pushes back Vrana. Meanwhile Forsberg is a right shot that gets a third of his points on the pp. There is no right shot spot on the Caps pp unless you think Forsberg keeps Oshie out.

If Forsberg is a 35-45 point even strength player getting minimul pp time and being Burakovsky or Vrana, is he the big star that he is now which makes the trade look so bad?

If the Caps keep Forsberg any number of other things currently at play, change. I like how things worked out.

Lastly: A few years ago anytime someone would suggest the Caps were good or Ov an all time great, someone would simply reply with, "cup". That doesn't work anymore. But we can still sour any situation by bringing up Forsberg.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It’s long past time to get the **** over Forsberg.

It’s a non-issue. Bringing it up is a bigger waste of time than handwringing over our 6/7 D.
Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. Caps are tops in the league so let's revisit a shitty trade from before the Cup, howl at the moon over salary cap issues, and whine about the 6/7.

Jun 15, 2007
Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. Caps are tops in the league so let's revisit a ****ty trade from before the Cup, howl at the moon over salary cap issues, and whine about the 6/7.

I wasn't the one to bring it up.

If txpd is going to insist it was a good trade for illogical reasons I'm going to voice my disagreement though.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That's the part that's illogical. It's a false dilemma.

It's not like McPhee was forced into trading one of Wilson/Forsberg and chose Forsberg. He could have just not made any trade for Erat period.

I have said before that McPhee made a terrible trade. That he could have done a lot better. Reminder. At the time people
were complaining about the Caps prioritizing Willy. They didn't want him on the team. McPhee said that he projected Forsberg
in Hershey the next season and Wilson on the team and heads exploded.

At the time had McPhee traded Wilson for Erat, the whining and moaning over it would been pretty manageable.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Who cares? :dunno:

I do. Stop talking about the trade. There seems to be an unwritten agreement that you guys are simply better at drafting/developing especially goalies and late 1st rounder / 2nd rounders than we are and therefore we ship a few picks your way every other year for your expendable guys.

And between Varly, Grubi and now Bura, the Avs certainly want to keep that going and I hope the Caps as well given what they can do with these picks. Don't be mad please :(. Can't risk our mutuall beneficial business model! We even bought out Orpik for you guys to keep everyone happy.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Everything that happened before the cup led to SC win. Caps could have an easier path to success, but it's not 100%. Which route is better? 100% or something that is less than 100%?
By this logic, Adam Oates was essential to the Stanley Cup. Nor should the "I hate GMGM crowd" ever complain, because apparently every move he made or didn't make is essential to the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad