• Kevin Stenlund

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So here is the (not) much-discussed lineup poll. Instead of Torts' slot machine line generator, we'll be voting for each spot on the roster, building each line one spot at a time.

Rather than start with 1C, I thought it would be more fun to start with a poll that might actually have some variance to it. So we'll start with 1LW, work our way through the forward lines and on to D pairs and starter and backup goalies.

The poll includes every forward reasonably expected to be available to the team whenever the season should start. There are probably some discrepancies and I will be disappointed if those aren't brought to the attention of moderation.

Vote for your choice for top line LW, and the winner will be slotted there and removed from subsequent polls. Sure, there are some nuances such a process doesn't allow for - there will be times when you can't vote for who you'd like at a spot because they've already been slotted somewhere else, or there's a combo you like that gets nixed along the way. You can alter, or not, your subsequent voting accordingly.

Here's to the start of a new tradition!

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
So here is the (not) much-discussed lineup poll. Instead of Torts' slot machine line generator, we'll be voting for each spot on the roster, building each line one spot at a time.

Rather than start with 1C, I thought it would be more fun to start with a poll that might actually have some variance to it. So we'll start with 1LW, work our way through the forward lines and on to D pairs and starter and backup goalies.

The poll includes every forward reasonably expected to be available to the team whenever the season should start. There are probably some discrepancies and I will be disappointed if those aren't brought to the attention of moderation.

Vote for your choice for top line LW, and the winner will be slotted there and removed from subsequent polls. Obviously, there will be times when you can't vote for who you'd like at a spot because they've already been slotted somewhere else, or there's a combo you like that gets nixed along the way. You can alter, or not, your subsequent voting accordingly.

Here's to the start of a new tradition!

eyelids-loveyou-indianajones.gif

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Eventually, apparently, though, as this slot is proving less varied than I thought it might.
I'm mostly thinking ahead to #2LW. I want to put Foligno there, but that's not because I think he's our second best LW, but more because I think he'd do well with Domi (who's pretty much guaranteed to be our #2C). That has me thinking that this stuff might not actually be fairly evaluatable outside of context... but, f***it, we have similar sorts of contradictions and/or evaluation differences in the prospect polls and that still goes on, so damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. ;)

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm mostly thinking ahead to #2LW. I want to put Foligno there, but that's not because I think he's our second best LW, but more because I think he'd do well with Domi (who's pretty much guaranteed to be our #2C). That has me thinking that this stuff might not actually be fairly evaluatable outside of context... but, f***it, we have similar sorts of contradictions and/or evaluation differences in the prospect polls and that still goes on, so damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. ;)

Yeah this could get very wonky and I'm half-hoping that it does.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Has to be Texier by default. If Domi struggles at center he could go there and Tex ton2C. But for now it’s Tex

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Even absent having added another winger, I expected some might prefer Tex with Domi and thus vote for someone else here but that isn't happening.

My assumption is PLD is going to end up the 1C - I might not have voted for Tex if I didn't assume that. We'll see what happens.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Even absent having added another winger, I expected some might prefer Tex with Domi and thus vote for someone else here but that isn't happening.

I think Nyquist might’ve stolen some votes (though Tex still would’ve won) but I think Tex with the current options is the clear choice.

I think 2-4 LW and RW will be pretty interesting. That, goaltender, and the defensive order/margins will be most intriguing in this exercise, I bet.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Tex is answer, but i went Boone...

Reasoning is he was a 30g guy when he last solely played wing, and there's a part of me that would like to try him there and see what we may have

Although I would hate to be right and then realize we wasted some of his prime years

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Tex is answer, but i went Boone...

Reasoning is he was a 30g guy when he last solely played wing, and there's a part of me that would like to try him there and see what we may have

Although I would hate to be right and then realize we wasted some of his prime years

He played almost exclusively at LW in '16-'17 (actually played some center in his 30 goal mirage year in '15-'16) and was pretty bad. His shooting percentage peaked that 30 g year at 13.3%. It's gone down considerably since. His shots on net per game hasn't changed drastically. I just don't think he's very good offensively.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I missed this vote but would have voted for Texier though I’m holding out hope the final answer will be a player not yet on the roster. Tex may be come thru big this season, but that there is really no other option shows how weak LW is. While PLD and Bjork were clear #1s, it’s because of performance rather than hope/potential as it is with Tex. I’d much rather have him as 2LW to start the year, but there’s no one else to currently slot as a 1LW

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I missed this vote but would have voted for Texier though I’m holding out hope the final answer will be a player not yet on the roster. Tex may be come thru big this season, but that there is really no other option shows how weak LW is. While PLD and Bjork were clear #1s, it’s because of performance rather than hope/potential as it is with Tex. I’d much rather have him as 2LW to start the year, but there’s no one else to currently slot as a 1LW

I know he was acquired to play 2C but... Domi?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If Domi isn't working out at 2C they will throw Texier there and see how it works. The end goal (I think?) is for Texier to be a center down the line.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would also go Tex here.

The one wrinkle with my opinion is that I'm going Tex here because I'm thinking ahead to the second line. Absent that I'd have Foligno at #1LW. I think he helps Dubois the most. But Foligno is even more needed for Domi, to bring that heavy checking presence and cover Domi defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad