GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto - 3/6/24 7PM EST - ECF Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This is the biggest trap game of all time.
I'm sure the Leafs will win, but I would like to see them win 2-0 or 3-2 rather than 7-4 or 6-3. I hate these games against bottom-feeders because the Leafs usually make them more sloppy than they need to be (like the Arizona game last week). I don't want to see a 9-2 game - just an efficient, low-scoring grinding game.

Who cares.

Show up on Thursday or f*** off
That's a bingo.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
The only curiousity with this game is who is in net for the Leafs. Matthews will score a bunch of goals, Marner will get a bunch of assists, Nylander will get a bunch of points, there will be oodles of open ice for them to dance around, and all will look good in a game that means absolutely nothing. Let's just fast-forward to the next Boston game.
So just like last time

I'm expecting a win though. If the team has any pride they'll avenge the last outing.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs just have to find a way to win. They've played really well for a while but that game last night was the same ol I expect against Boston.

Beat Buffalo tomorrow and then f*** up Boston in their barn.

This team seems so fragile sometimes. I don't think as bad as past years due to some of the newer guys here but they really need to stop losing to Boston and letting places like Buffalo matter at all.

Get back on a winning streak starting tomorrow.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Leafs just have to find a way to win. They've played really well for a while but that game last night was the same ol I expect against Boston.

Beat Buffalo tomorrow and then f*** up Boston in their barn.

This team seems so fragile sometimes. I don't think as bad as past years due to some of the newer guys here but they really need to stop losing to Boston and letting places like Buffalo matter at all.

Get back on a winning streak starting tomorrow.
Leafs played great when when Reilly was out……just saying.
They are mentally fragile for sure. There is none of them that is battle hardened

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
They are mentally fragile for sure. There is none of them that is battle hardened
Well that is true when he was out on the suspension but I'm still a fan of Mo. He'll elevate in the playoffs and he still is one of the only guys who has a heart on this team love him or hate him.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Well that is true when he was out on the suspension but I'm still a fan of Mo. He'll elevate in the playoffs and he still is one of the only guys who has a heart on this team love him or hate him.
I noticed against the Rags we were slipping back into the bad habits we had cleaned up while he was suspended. Hopefully they get back to the attention to detail style. It was nice to see.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Fair but look at the competition of who we’ve played with him in vs out

Out: ducks, blues x2, flyers, coyotes

That’s 1 playoff team, 1 bubble team, 2 bottom feeders

In: Vegas x2, Avs, Coyotes, Rangers, Bruins

That’s 4 playoff teams, 3 teams ahead of us on the standings even, and a bottom feeder

So obviously quality of opposition played a bit into how well we were able to play, considering the one playoff team we played without Rielly, we blew a 3-1 lead before securing it in OT

This isn’t to justify Rielly’s play so far, he’s been mediocre since coming back, but i don’t like the argument that we were just better without him, the team tightened up against weaker teams because they were missing their #1 D.

He needs to be better, especially with his decision making in the dzone.

Reactions: Racer88

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Fair but look at the competition of who we’ve played with him in vs out

Out: ducks, blues x2, flyers, coyotes

That’s 1 playoff team, 1 bubble team, 2 bottom feeders

In: Vegas x2, Avs, Coyotes, Rangers, Bruins

That’s 4 playoff teams, 3 teams ahead of us on the standings even, and a bottom feeder

So obviously quality of opposition played a bit into how well we were able to play, considering the one playoff team we played without Rielly, we blew a 3-1 lead before securing it in OT

This isn’t to justify Rielly’s play so far, he’s been mediocre since coming back, but i don’t like the argument that we were just better without him, the team tightened up against weaker teams because they were missing their #1 D.

He needs to be better, especially with his decision making in the dzone.
I agree that they tightened up when he was missing so that begs the question, why the hell did they loosen up when he got back? That’s what’s so frustrating. We have seen how well they can be but it’s only when they feel like it, this is why so many fans do not like this core.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Reilly has been horrible for awhile now.

He played great against TB last year hope that version starts to show up.

Our #1 D mirrors the fragility of our D group.
If they choke again this playoffs, he’s a guy I’d look hard at trading, he’s a good player with good value, but he’s a black hole on the defensive side of the game, plus it’s been proven more than once that they can win without him…….

Reactions: CelticDruid

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If they choke again this playoffs, he’s a guy I’d look hard at trading, he’s a good player with good value, but he’s a black hole on the defensive side of the game, plus it’s been proven more than once that they can win without him…….
What have they won without him?

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
In 99 I sat at the bar in the Embassy Suites in downtown Denver with a heavyset guy, watching the Leafs lose game 5 to the Sabres. He explained in great detail how the leafs couldn’t break out and were hope,easily out coached.

Game ends, he turns around and tells 3 young 30 something guys to hit the hay. One of them was Brett Hull. Turned out I was getting colour commentary from Ken Hitchcock.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Another point by Boston, and another 2 for Florida last night. Looks like 3rd is our spot unless inexplicably Tampa or Detroit catch us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA