Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo @ SENS Barn, Tuesday 6:45 Pm (The Anderson Retirement game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I guess Gordie Howe suiting up for one shift with the Detroit Vipers in 1997 was way more legit...

'Retiring a xxx' is just the phrase they use, they aren't trying to fool anyone and it isn't used in any record books or anything.

In reality it is forgotten the next day and it's just a chance to run it back one last time and rekindle an old flame for a night, no strings attached. That can't possibly sound like a bad idea to anyone here...
I think such 1 day contracts are simply a PR device to sell more tickets. A team could honour its past players in other ways that are not gimmicky like that.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The game start was already early for this all-teams game night. Is there a pre-game Anderson ceremony? (Judging by the pre-game pomp I've seen so far this season, it seems like Andlauer has brought that panache from the Habs to the Sens.)

Edit: Stuntman Stu says to be in your seats by 6:45.

Reactions: guyzeur

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We started 4-2 last year. If we win tonight we could still easily miss the playoffs this year.

It works both ways. A single win or loss has a massive impact on your point pace and winning percentage when the sample size is this small.
Right around the time, Norris went out for the year.

The game start was already early for this all-teams game night. Is there a pre-game Anderson ceremony? (Judging by the pre-game pomp I've seen so far this season, it seems like Andlauer has brought that panache from the Habs to the Sens.)

Edit: Stuntman Stu says to be in your seats by 6:45.
TSN starts coverage at 6:30, if you want to see the Andy part

Reactions: Flamingo

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sens should win this

rsuty goalie and back to back for Buffalo

Not having Pinto in the line up look goofy.

Poor management
Add record of the Dorion GM years and bad trades.

Coach with team in playoff position and on pace for 98 points is on thin ice. More on this story as it develops.
Agreed; however, that "thin ice" starts to appear with 1 loss to a team we are directly competing with to get into the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Again, I don't where the certainty for this comes from. Lots of reasons to think Dorion should be replaced, but thinking he "spent without any thought of the implications, signing Tarasenko and Korpisalo without considering that's we'd need capspace to extend Pinto" is a level of presumed incompetence that edges into the absurd. He clearly had a plan. Maybe a good plan, maybe a spectacularly bad one. But thinking that Pinto was a straight up "oopsie!" can at times say more about the poster than it does about Dorion. This is a contract dispute, and while we can have our suspicions about who is the major contributor to the impasse, the truth is we don't know all the facts.

It will be extremely disappointing if we lose Shane Pinto in all this. That's maybe an easier thing to agree on.
We are in the reality we are in, regardless of whatever super awesome plan he had in place, the buck stops with him and it is he who is ultimately responsible for our situation.

Fact is he put the team in a risky situation by signing two high cost players before getting Pinto sorted out, and now we're in a bind. Don't much care what his plan was, he is responsible for the outcome.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I think such 1 day contracts are simply a PR device to sell more tickets. A team could honour its past players in other ways that are not gimmicky like that.
So what? Everything the team does is to sell tickets. Its a live event company...

Selling more tickets would indicate that fans are happy to celebrate the career of the modern franchises best/most successful goalie.

I for one am happy it is happening and will raise one to Anderson tonight.

Reactions: LiseL

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Weird thing to complain about, honouring a past player.

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
We are in the reality we are in, regardless of whatever super awesome plan he had in place, the buck stops with him and it is he who is ultimately responsible for our situation.

Fact is he put the team in a risky situation by signing two high cost players before getting Pinto sorted out, and now we're in a bind. Don't much care what his plan was, he is responsible for the outcome.
I understand the argument, and it may well be absolutely right, but it puts all the repsonsibility on Dorion for a fact that is not available to us: how much is Pinto's agent asking for?

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
For sure, I get the sample size is small, but I want to buck the trend and continue strong play vs division and wild card rivals. If we want to make the playoffs, these are precisely the games to win. Buffalo is having a rough year so far, but they are as good (or better probably) than we are, so the time is now to bank point.

Precisely what Detroit did to us.

100% agree. I hated that f***in Detroit loss with a passion.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
for
I agree. It is ridiculous! All games should be away games. We would save money by not having a stupid arena where we have to pay for all those stupid employees.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Stuntman Stu says to be in your seats by 6:45.
TSN starts coverage at 6:30, if you want to see the Andy part
I'll assume they want you in your seat for the 6:45pm Andy ceremony, and are hoping for the usual 7:08 pm Puck Drop!!!

TSN starting @ 6:30 is just for the rest of the NHL pre-game talk (& Toronto Make Believes)

1 1/2 hours to gO

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1698182064791.png

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'll assume they want you in your seat for the 6:45pm Andy ceremony, and are hoping for the usual 7:08 pm Puck Drop!!!

1 1/2 hours to gO
No, all 16 games tonight are on a 15 minute staggered start. So 6:45 and then the 7-8 minutes for anthems etc.
It’s called frozen frenzy a different start time for all 16 games.

Reactions: Back in Black

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
No, all 16 games tonight are on a 15 minute staggered start. So 6:45 and then the 7-8 minutes for anthems etc.
It’s called frozen frenzy a different start time for all 16 games.
You may be right, but then they would have had you in your seat for 6:30 for the Andy thing, not for the puck drop @ 6:45, But what do I know... :sens

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
For sure, I get the sample size is small, but I want to buck the trend and continue strong play vs division and wild card rivals. If we want to make the playoffs, these are precisely the games to win. Buffalo is having a rough year so far, but they are as good (or better probably) than we are, so the time is now to bank point.

Precisely what Detroit did to us.
Statement Game. Made a statement.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I understand the argument, and it may well be absolutely right, but it puts all the repsonsibility on Dorion for a fact that is not available to us: how much is Pinto's agent asking for?
If he's asking for something unreasonable, then he doesn't want to be here and should have already been traded.

So yeah, all the responsibility is on Dorion, that's his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad