GDT: Buffalo @ San Jose 7:30PM NBCSCA

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
That period was a pretty good period from everyone overall. Yeah Dillon made a boo boo and Heed with that awful turnover, but it's looked promising.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Play Ryan-Heed when Martin gets back. Heeds needs a babysitter and it's a pairing that works. Too bad it'll be Dillon DeMello like always.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What warpath? I’m just sick of Dillon taking crap for stuff that isn’t his/isn’t only his fault. I’m a huge fan of Heed so it’s not like I’m trying to crap on him.

Yet so far that's all you've done here with regards to the in-game commentary.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
For reaction we now go live to Pete DeBoer

"I thought the guys were too loose and irresponsible. We need to get some structure back out there. DeMelo, Martin, and Ward will draw back in next game. Heed and Ryan can hone their games in Allen for the time being."
World's greatest detective.

deboer batman_zpsjpruavtk.jpg

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
What warpath? I’m just sick of Dillon taking crap for stuff that isn’t his/isn’t only his fault. I’m a huge fan of Heed so it’s not like I’m trying to crap on him.

but that goal was mostly on dillon. on his back check he took heeds man (eichel) instead of looking for the late guy. he overcommitted on the pinch and the backcheck. heed had a reasonable expectation that dillon wouldnt go to the same guy. ultimately they could have just contained the area cuz eichel had his back to goal. so i agree that heed could have made a different choice there.

im not a huge fan of dillon because hes a rent-a-dman. hes not necessarily bad, but he just is. Heed is a complete unknown so im not gonna just say hes awesome cuz AHL stats either. the guy shows a willingness to move the puck up the ice and i like that, just not every single time. so he may need to start picking his spots a bit more.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Joakim Ryan on radio intermission interview:

- [on playing his first NHL game] it's an unbelievable feeling, it's something I've been dreaming about my whole life, it was really special, having fun out there, happy to be playing
- we had a good run last year with the Barracuda, physicality, intensity, everything gets higher in the playoffs, to go on a run showed me the grind of the playoffs and definitely prepared me coming in to this year, but it wasn't just the playoffs, the whole year was an invaluable experience
- [on playing w/ Burns] felt good that first period, played with Burnzie in a preseason game, thought we had good chemistry, we're just trying to break pucks out quick, play in the O zone as much as possible, playing with him makes it easy on me, he's one of the best d-men in the league, hopefully we can keep it going
- [on his family flying out for his first NHL game] it was a little hectic, but they got into SFO this morning in plenty of time to make it out to this

Tierney on TV intermission interview:

- ["we'll take those, eh?] those are the best ones to score, the most satisfying for some reason
- [on the "compete" aspect of his game in the first period] I thought we came out really hard, the first 15 minutes, even the whole period really, we were strong on pucks, we had a lot of opportunities down low off the cycle, and guys came to compete tonight
- [on playing w/ Meier] won a big battle down low, came toward the net, held on to the puck, gave it to Donny who made the play, he brings a lot of strength and skill to the table so it's fun playing with him
- [thoughts on the 2nd period] just keep our foot on the gas, keep attacking, try to build our lead, play good defense, play to our identity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad