GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Ottawa Senators - 6PM - TSN5 - Battle of the Underachievers - Last chance to see last place teams playing their last games of 2024!

Senovision

May 23, 2011
5 things that really were keys to victory and a recipe for success and things we almost never have:
1. The 4th line contributing with 2 goals. Never had that this year
2. Outstanding goaltending stopping 45 of 46 shots. We have not had this kind of performance on almost any night this year
3. Injecting a rested Chabot into the line up he has been out almost the whole year.
4. Changing things up instead of doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result by experimenting with Branny on Left Wing on the fourth line.
5. Ability to bounce back and show resiliency after a 6 to 2 drubbing to New Jersey two nights ago with a full 60 minute effort. We have not seen this almost all year.
Hopefully this is the new Sens for 2024!!

This 5 game western road trip will be a challenge as it always is, if we can go 3-2 or 2-2-1. I will be happy and anything more than that will be a bonus.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Don't think many of us expected a big win tonight so this is so nice to end the year on.

As I mentioned earlier Chabot is/was sorely missed on this team and we really felt his presence everywhere tonight. He's been very inconsistent but if he can find his "A" game again there's no doubt he's essential to our success.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Did what he had to. Perfect performance from him.

If we can clean up the giveaways on the breakout. We’re good. And this is with limited practice time.

Ok Branny much better at forward than crookshank
The first giveaway on the only goal against was what we've seen during the Dj era. Off the boards, picked off and goal against.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
CF% Performers of the night
1704073658884.png

Chabot made a difference

Reactions: DrEasy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
As I mentioned earlier Chabot is/was sorely missed on this team and we really felt his presence everywhere tonight. He's been very inconsistent but if he can find his "A" game again there's no doubt he's essential to our success.
Agreed. Hopefully we can put the Chabot hate to rest.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Some might point at "we finally got goaltending"

Sure, Forsberg was really good but the "team defense" gave him a CHANCE to do his job.

Outside of the goal against, they didn't gift wrap any goals against, Sabres had to work or their chances, they were shooting everything but didn't have that many great scoring chances

Natural Stat Trick had the High Danger chances at 12-11 for Ottawa

I liked what I saw despite the shot count, still many things to work on and need to cut on the quantity but there was some signs

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Brannstrom with the little flip pass to himself
Always liked him, even playing D, but I admit it is a challenge because of his smaller stature. It is tough for him to clear out the front of the net effectively. His offensive shooting ability from the line has been suspect in my mind but only because I think he took too long to get his shot off, or he did not use his skills to move laterally to create clear shooting lanes. Regardless, his hockey skill, speed, agility, good hands and shot should bode well for if he and team elect to play him at forward.

Last edited:

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Got to love that new Vp of hockey ops bump...
Didn't hear mention of this (perhaps missed it) but, aside from his overall contribution of hockey smarts and experience, a very positive Dave Poulin (new VP-Hockey Ops) contribution will be his input during the NHL Entry Draft.

It's a bird; it's a plane; it's SUPERBRANN!
Cleans the team out and makes them very regular!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: