GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Ottawa Senators - 6PM - TSN5 - Battle of the Underachievers - Last chance to see last place teams playing their last games of 2024!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice detective work. More made up nonsense.
What is made up?

I still don’t see much in their faces, others like Giroux and Batherson also look like they’re paying attention with a straight face. I think Brady just has that ‘face’ where it looks annoyed (resting you know what face)

If there is any difference from before, then it’s for the best and hopefully shows the coaching changes are rubbing off on the players, for better or worse; get to see who’s really serious about winning
to be clear I did not say anything about that.

Reactions: SensHulk

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Maybe it is just me, but Stutzle turned the puck over almost every time he touched it. He has not played well in a long time. The occasional flash of brilliance in between a lot of mediocre play.
Ya, I definitely noticed a few Stutzle give aways for sure. Stutzle has not had a good year. He has another level that we've only seen occasionally this year. It might be an injury, or whatever else, who knows. Hopefully he will elevate his play. We got a lot of goal production and good energy from the 4th line last night. That was both nice to see and rather unusual. Kudos to them though.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ya, I definitely noticed a few Stutzle give aways for sure. Stutzle has not had a good year. He has another level that we've only seen occasionally this year. It might be an injury, or whatever else, who knows. Hopefully he will elevate his play. We got a lot of goal production and good energy from the 4th line last night. That was both nice to see and rather unusual. Kudos to them though.
He’s nursing a wrist injury, that’s why he missed 2-3 weeks of practice, and was barely taking any face offs during that time.
Not sure what’s going on with his neck/back area.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
View attachment 793878
Ok here we go
View attachment 793879
Timmy looks over and smiles

View attachment 793876
Finding something humorous

View attachment 793877
Great limitations... Great Upside.. struggling to find the right words .. maybe Ceiling Upside works

Its a big difference from the Rah Rah .. exuberance of DJ and perhaps the more fluid English as well
Great detective work, I think we figured out who shot JFK! (edit: I should read the whole thread before commenting, as others made similar and better comments)

Happy new year to everyone, a day late!

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Maybe it is just me, but Stutzle turned the puck over almost every time he touched it. He has not played well in a long time. The occasional flash of brilliance in between a lot of mediocre play.
Yeah I suppose he did his usual turn overs. I did feel like he was skating deep into the defensive zone and was making nifty moves with the puck, had a some nice chances.

He’s definitely not looking dominant right now though.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, I think you're going a little over board here. Stü hasn't looked himself, I'll give you that. But given his skyrocketing development, he was bound to plateau a little bit. This season has been a bit of a plateau. But i'd say he'll be back on track in the new year. He's still our best player regarding puck possession and just about every other metric. Unless of course we're talking about Brannstrom as a forward ;)

Reactions: LiseL

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What are you talking about, Forsberg covered up the puck with his blocker, The krebs jabed at it, and Brady went after him, Forberg took off the blocker and was looking at his hand

mb thought he got kicked out after the slashing plays at the top of the circles.

Reactions: Micklebot

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Talk about making something out of nothing.

Even if he didn't appreciate his ice time and the coaching change it's time to accept the challenges of being a leader on and off the ice. Like he said himself it's on the players now and if the first sight of pouting under a new teacher is his way of reacting then he needs to grow up and be a professional.

Collective buy in won't work if the top of the leader group sulks any time they see their playing time diminish.
Yep, if you can't lead by example, then you shouldn't be leading.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
When we first got Giroux he would stand out as different from the rest of the players because of his attention to little details, and that Claude back tonight
He knows what to do and does it; the rest of the players don't and consequently don't. Bad coaching has screwed this team for years.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Go watch it again, everyone was hacking and Sens were hitting guys out of crease, that’s what started it, not to mention it was the third or fourth time,
I did like that last night they were shoving guys away from Forsberg.
Not enough physicality in front of our net IMO. We need a lot more of it.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah I suppose he did his usual turn overs. I did feel like he was skating deep into the defensive zone and was making nifty moves with the puck, had a some nice chances.

He’s definitely not looking dominant right now though.
He was making nifty moves with the puck in our end.

But coaches don't like nifty moves with the puck in our end. Nifty moves get coaches fired. I believe it's referred to as "coaching the junior out of them"

You can't play with any of the structure we hear so much about when there's total unpredictability

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Talk about making something out of nothing.

Even if he didn't appreciate his ice time and the coaching change it's time to accept the challenges of being a leader on and off the ice. Like he said himself it's on the players now and if the first sight of pouting under a new teacher is his way of reacting then he needs to grow up and be a professional.

Collective buy in won't work if the top of the leader group sulks any time they see their playing time diminish.

Seriously. This isn't a playoff team where players deserve sympathy for being required to do things to get ice time when we are at the top of the league and dominating our competition.

We are once again a bottom feeder. Shape up, ship out (if that's even possible) or say goodbye to your career. Those are the options.

I don't care if there are moments of pouting, it happens but if there's no realization of "we suck and I'm a big part of that"... we are in deep trouble and it's not Jacques Martin who needs to go. It's the pouters who need to go.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Huh,
Here’s what you said,

Naw the play he got kicked out had nothing to do with Forsberg.

Refs kicked him out for a reason.

I messed up the plays he got kicked out for.

But the reason he got kicked out was because it was cumulative. It's not that easy to get kicked out from a hockey game and he certainly doesn't get kicked out of all he did was defend Forsberg on that one play.

But you could see Brady getting kicked out from a mile away. He was visibly emotional and frustrated out there in the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad