Buffalo Bills Talk 2017 part 2 (9-7): Next - The Offseason with First Round Picks at 21 & 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That's really an indefensible decision. They're basically saying they have a better chance of forcing a turnover than getting 1 yard. With their only real tangential chance at the playoffs on the line.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Nice finish. Well, now New England can still be the backbreaker.

They can still get in at 9-7. More likely that what they need to happen there happens than winning in Foxboro, anyway :laugh:

Tennessee-Arizona is actually a pretty darn important game for us at 4. You could easily see them losing to the Rams and Jags, so if they lose this week they have a real chance to fall into the 9-7 mix and we'd win head to head tiebreakers against them (common opponents) and have a strength of victory lead too in case of another team involved in the tiebreaker.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
They can still get in at 9-7. More likely that what they need to happen there happens than winning in Foxboro, anyway :laugh:

Tennessee-Arizona is actually a pretty darn important game for us at 4. You could easily see them losing to the Rams and Jags, so if they lose this week they have a real chance to fall into the 9-7 mix and we'd win head to head tiebreakers against them (common opponents) and have a strength of victory lead too in case of another team involved in the tiebreaker.

Meeehhhh, looks like another December where we count on other teams to lose games they should win.

Jacksonville gets to 10-6 with wins over the 49ers and Texans.

Baltimore gets to 10-6 with wins over the Browns, Colts, and Bengals.

Tennessee gets to 11-5 with wins over Arizona, SF, Jax ....

All seems unlikely. Even if we win out, could we be out on tiebreakers?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
DQtyXiBVoAAMcXW.jpg

Winner!

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Meeehhhh, looks like another December where we count on other teams to lose games they should win.

Jacksonville gets to 10-6 with wins over the 49ers and Texans.

Baltimore gets to 10-6 with wins over the Browns, Colts, and Bengals.

Tennessee gets to 11-5 with wins over Arizona, SF, Jax ....

All seems unlikely. Even if we win out, could we be out on tiebreakers?

Funny thing about tiebreakers: At 10-6 we lose head to head tiebreakers with Baltimore. At 9-7, if they lose to either the Colts or Bengals (and I certainly consider losing at CIN to be a possibility) it goes to strength of victory, which we currently lead I believe.

The other consideration is that we do not want Tennessee to win the AFC South. Jacksonville is much better in tiebreakers at either 9-7 or 10-6. We'll likely need Jacksonville to go into Tennessee and beat them regardless of our final record.

EDIT: Dang, its in BAL. I still think TEN at 9-7 is possible. They aren't as good as their current record suggests.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Funny thing about tiebreakers: At 10-6 we lose head to head tiebreakers with Baltimore. At 9-7, if they lose to either the Colts or Bengals (and I certainly consider losing at CIN to be a possibility) it goes to strength of victory, which we currently lead I believe.

The other consideration is that we do not want Tennessee to win the AFC South. Jacksonville is much better in tiebreakers at either 9-7 or 10-6. We'll likely need Jacksonville to go into Tennessee and beat them regardless of our final record.

EDIT: Dang, its in BAL. I still think TEN at 9-7 is possible. They aren't as good as their current record suggests.

Funny thing would be if Baltimore lost tonight and next week against the Pats, giving the Pats the conference crown 2 weeks early, leading them to rest their guys against the Bills. But they'd probably win with their second stringers anyways.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Let the jags keep winning and make Bortles think he is a competent qb. Would love for it to be down there for the wild card as the jags are very winnable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad