Rumor: Buff to the Flyers

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
Trade speculation!!!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Flyers-Still-Hot-on-Byfuglien-Trail/1/55187#.Um2T-_kQbu0

Who do we want in return? Knowing he'd be playing D for them, I'd expect more GA and a less likelihood of making the playoffs. So I'd appreciate draft picks rather than salary BUT I know Philly is in salary cap trouble so I'd take Wayne Simmonds, maybe a nice blue chipper in the minors and/or picks. They could part with more b/c they need to dump salary and to change their culture over there. Maybe we could send them some of our other rejects if they are still taking a flyer on buff.

cctyler

Apr 7, 2012
I think its very plausible that buff is traded this year. Maybe not quite yet, but certainly into the new year. Buy low, sell high, his return wont get much higher.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I think its very plausible that buff is traded this year. Maybe not quite yet, but certainly into the new year. Buy low, sell high, his return wont get much higher.

That may happen. But is hasn't yet. I'm really on the fence with Buff. Last year I would have traded him in a heartbeat for a good return.

Not sure about that right now...

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
I would kind of like to keep Buff around too. I don't think he and Enstrom should be playing together, we need his partner to be a lot more stay-at-home, but I love having the big guy on the team.

Just wish he would hit a lot more/harder.

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
It would be a godsend for this team if we could pull of good trade involving buff. He belongs with a different style team.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I would kind of like to keep Buff around too. I don't think he and Enstrom should be playing together, we need his partner to be a lot more stay-at-home, but I love having the big guy on the team.

Just wish he would hit a lot more/harder.

Good thing Buff has been playing with Clitsome the last few games then hey? ;)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Isn't Eklund pretty good about flyers stuff?

Yes: it's the one team that he actually seems to have some inside knowledge of. I'm sure there's some truth to the rumours - guess we'll see. The Flyers have some VERY interesting pieces, and with Buff's value being high, it could result in a different but possibly improved Jets.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
If the flyers get buff, do they leave the basement? because there 1st could be really nice. Wouldn't have to be bad for Ekblad and could still get him :sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If the flyers get buff, do they leave the basement? because there 1st could be really nice.

The draft is in Philly. Doubt they trade the 2014 1st but maybe 2015? A shot at McDavid? NJ did trade their pick this year but did it just before they picked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad