Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Taylor Hall signs with the Sabres (1 year, $8M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The warriors and avalanche aren't even on the same planet
Thanks tips, obviously comparing sport to sport is apples to oranges. But the point still stands, there would’ve been tons of fans calling him a coward for joining a stacked team. It’s all just sour grapes.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Do people really think Buffalo is never going to play playoff hockey again? :huh:
I think people don't think Buffalo will play playoff hockey next season. Even with Hall there's some question marks in defense and goaltending. Although I personally think that Eichel might be able to drag Buffalo to playoffs almost by himself.
It’s funny everyone saying “he chose money over winning”! But I guarantee if he signed with the Avs for the lowball offer they gave him he would get the Durant treatment from just as many fans.
The what?
The warriors and avalanche aren't even on the same planet
Who?

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
I'm not at all disappointed in him.

Maybe he wants to help lead the Sabres to the playoffs.

I'm a Leafs' fan, but for all I know the Sabres could be in and the Leafs (or any other team you care to name) could be out next year.

I would like to see the Sabres make it.

I think those lofty dreams he's having of a gloriously pitiful first round exit might be a bit of a reach, much better chance he extends his already unbreakable first overall run.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think people don't think Buffalo will play playoff hockey next season. Even with Hall there's some question marks in defense and goaltending. Although I personally think that Eichel might be able to drag Buffalo to playoffs almost by himself.

The what?

Who?

Kevin Durant left Oklahoma to join a stacked Golden State Warriors team in order to win a championship. He succeeded but people see him as a chaser

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
He wants control of what teams he goes to. I imagine Buffalo and him are both on the same page.

Have you talked to him? I seriously doubt he's already planning a TDL move in his head.

Let me paint you a picture: TDL time, Sabres out of the playoffs by 5 points and things aren't looking all that great. But Eichel and Hall have been on fire and Hall is on a pace for a 100 point season.

1) Hall can ride the season out with his buddy Jack and keep things going offensively, down the stretch is some of the best time to play loose offensive hockey if you're out of it. You could still also make the playoffs with a strong finish with a team you've been invested in for months to justify your decision even if its not looking likely. Move to Boston or something could be on the table, but on the other hand you don't know how the fit is going to be over there and on a personal level you risk a disappointing finish to a season that could've otherwise been a monster year with that next contract in mind.

2) Adams could shop Hall, but at the same time he loses his leverage of trying to keep him long-term. And even if he does decide to put him out there, does Hall accept a trade to the team that gives the Sabres the type of return Adams feels is enough to justify losing that leverage i mentioned?

The way i see it, this is way more complicated than just saying "oh, he's just gonna get traded". It's always an option as a last resort if things don't work out at all of course, but you get the point.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Thanks tips, obviously comparing sport to sport is apples to oranges. But the point still stands, there would’ve been tons of fans calling him a coward for joining a stacked team. It’s all just sour grapes.

Oh yeah that Ray guy the Avs had for a couple years lost EVERYONE'S respect when Sakic handed him the Cup. Name one time hockey fans got on a player for joining a good team.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Sabres forwards and the defence looks good only thing that is questionable is their goaltending ... Playoff-bound this season

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Oh yeah that Ray guy the Avs had for a couple years lost EVERYONE'S respect when Sakic handed him the Cup. Name one time hockey fans got on a player for joining a good team.
Different times. Was there forums or twitter around back then? The salty fans are the loudest. Hence the saltiness of him signing in Buffalo.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Sabres forwards and the defence looks good only thing that is questionable is their goaltending ... Playoff-bound this season

Goaltending.. defense has been a tad overrated and i've been guilty of that myself, zero experience of winning together.

In a conference where you have Tampa Bay, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Columbus, Philadelphia, Carolina, NY Islanders and Rangers just to name 10 teams the Sabres are not even close to being playoff bound.

If Hall comes in and does what he did in 17-18 then that's probably too much star power to miss but who knows if he can do that or not.

Last edited:

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
If things go right next season Buffalo will be in the mix for a playoff spot.

If things fall apart they can retain and send him to a contender for a haul

Win-Win

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

League wide or by team? Because I can name a lot of fan bases that booed players for choosing a "better" team.

Reactions: Club

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
All the Sabre fans who think it's jealousy...really big lol

This is about another loud mouth player who speaks from both holes. Reality, nothing more then an rapacious mercenary.

That he refused to take less to play for the Avs, next to MacKinnon and Draisaitl kinda of screws the "wanna play with Eichel". The Avs have two of the best players and offered one of the highest chance of winning a cup. Period. End of storey.

Stop pretending that it's some kind of "victory" or altruistic reason or love for "his coach". .....the Sabres simply forked out the most shiney coins....

Last edited:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

No joke, people have no clue on Sabres. Staal and Hall just made the top six decent. It's like people forgot Victor Oloffson had 42 points in 54 games and showed a great two-way game in second half. I'm not a huge Reinhart fan but if he's not your go to player he's good for 50 points. Jeff Skinner makes absurd money people he'll bounce back with 2o plus goals -- he's not going to shoot at 7.7% again.

And one of their young players will pop.

Dahlin will be an all-star, I don't even doubt that. The test of D isn't horrible, especially with Montour probably playing better.

If they start the season with Hutton playing 40 games, yes they will suck badly. He's horrible.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Tical

Jul 1, 2013

This is about another loud mouth player who speaks from both holes. Reality, nothing more then an rapacious mercenary.

That he refused to take less to play for the Avs, next to MacKinnon and Draisatl kinda of screws the "wanna play with Eichel". The Avs have two of the best players and offered one of the highest chance of winning a cup. Period. End of storey.

Stop pretending that it's some kind of "victory" or altruistic reason or love for "his coach". .....the Sabres simply forked out the most shiney coins....
MacKinnon and who??

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

That he refused to take less to play for the Avs, next to MacKinnon and Draisatl kinda of screws the "wanna play with Eichel". The Avs have two of the best players and offered one of the highest chance of winning a cup. Period. End of storey.

If only MB didn’t trade for Allen and Edmundson, then he woulda been in Montreal eh?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
No joke, people have no clue on Sabres. Staal and Hall just made the top six decent. It's like people forgot Victor Oloffson had 42 points in 54 games and showed a great two-way game in second half. I'm not a huge Reinhart fan but if he's not your go to player he's good for 50 points. Jeff Skinner makes absurd money people he'll bounce back with 2o plus goals -- he's not going to shoot at 7.7% again.

And one of their young players will pop.

Dahlin will be an all-star, I don't even doubt that. The test of D isn't horrible, especially with Montour probably playing better.

If they start the season with Hutton playing 40 games, yes they will suck badly. He's horrible.
Very reasonable take on situation, upfront is a lot of firepower and the defence is better than a lot of teams imo

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Who cares what he said or didn't say? What is he? Your wife?

Give me break...this is an odd offseason.. pretty much everyone is shocked as to how it has played out based on the contracts and who is available and even who was placed on waivers.

Maybe he saw what was happening and said.. let's put it off a year. I can go and play for Ralph again... play with Jack and get a decent paycheck. Ill reaccess next year.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad