Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Taylor Hall signs with the Sabres (1 year, $8M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Colorado reportedly offered a deal, and everything i hear from Columbus suggests Jarmo was in on him as well. Those are some pretty darn good options if you want to get a chance at the cup.

I sincerely hope he's giving the Sabres a legitimate chance to win him over for the future, is committed to helping the team create a winning culture and playing the right way instead of trying to pad his stats next to Eichel so he can fleece someone next year.

Otherwise this is just like taking a shot in the arm for Buffalo. You put your troubles aside for a while but there's nothing worse than the crash you feel afterwards when you got no more shots.
Taylor hall and winning culture are not compatible

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Didn’t hall say he wanted to play playoff hockey?

Odds are he plays with Eichel and that helps boost his stats, and if Buffalo is out of it at the deadline he gets traded.

Too many people aren't understanding this at all.

When buffalo does poorly or is not playoff potential. Hall asks for a trade gets 50% retained and some team gets a topliner for 4 million. Hall gets on a playoff contender and Buffalo gets assets.

Win win

Reactions: exporta

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Too many people aren't understanding this at all.

When buffalo does poorly or is not playoff potential. Hall asks for a trade gets 50% retained and some team gets a topliner for 4 million. Hall gets on a playoff contender and Buffalo gets assets.

Win win

Odds are he plays with Eichel and that helps boost his stats, and if Buffalo is out of it at the deadline he gets traded.

Clauses can be waived but it's not often you see full protection on a 1 year deal. I don't think this is the plan for him right now.

And even if it came down to that, he can make it really damn difficult on the Sabres.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
The next time Hall spouts something about winning, we now know, unequivocally, he is full of manure. I’ve stuck up for this guy forever. If he hadn’t claimed to want to play on a winner, I’d be fine with this, but I’m disappointed in him right now.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If they did, Sakic did a crap job at selling the deal to him, which is just a mind-blowingly bad job.

Sakic reportedly offered him $6.5 mil, which was considered a 'considerably lower offer'.

Hall will play one year lighting it up next to Eichel then head to Seattle and get paid.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Clauses can be waived but it's not often you see full protection on a 1 year deal. I don't think this is the plan for him right now.

And even if it came down to that, he can make it really damn difficult on the Sabres.

He wants control of what teams he goes to. I imagine Buffalo and him are both on the same page.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Sakic reportedly offered him $6.5 mil, which was considered a 'considerably lower offer'.
And if Sakic couldn't convince Hall that Avalanche are one of maybe 4-5 teams with the best chance to win a cup he did a real lousy job.
Hall will play one year lighting it up next to Eichel then head to Seattle and get paid.
Or end up getting flipped to Avalanche at trade deadline if Buffalo are out of the playoff race.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
It’s funny everyone saying “he chose money over winning”! But I guarantee if he signed with the Avs for the lowball offer they gave him he would get the Durant treatment from just as many fans.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It’s funny everyone saying “he chose money over winning”! But I guarantee if he signed with the Avs for the lowball offer they gave him he would get the Durant treatment from just as many fans.
The warriors and avalanche aren't even on the same planet

Reactions: seagull

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Not a bad signing for Hall.

Anything can happen in a season and he gets to play with one of the best players in the game.

Also he could easily be moved at the deadline if the Sabres are out of it by then.

Reactions: Ciao

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
No, just this year
The off-season is young. They need to rearrange the deck chairs on D (LD in, RD out), add a solid bottom 6 player, and get at least a 1B goalie type to replace Hutton who was very bad last season. Better goaltending would have at the very least put them in the expanded playoffs last season, as flawed as the team was. They aren't a team clearly beyond the playoffs this year after adding Staal (plugged a huge hole) and Hall so far.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The next time Hall spouts something about winning, we now know, unequivocally, he is full of manure. I’ve stuck up for this guy forever. If he hadn’t claimed to want to play on a winner, I’d be fine with this, but I’m disappointed in him right now.
I'm not at all disappointed in him.

Maybe he wants to help lead the Sabres to the playoffs.

I'm a Leafs' fan, but for all I know the Sabres could be in and the Leafs (or any other team you care to name) could be out next year.

I would like to see the Sabres make it.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
And if Sakic couldn't convince Hall that Avalanche are one of maybe 4-5 teams with the best chance to win a cup he did a real lousy job.

Or end up getting flipped to Avalanche at trade deadline if Buffalo are out of the playoff race.

Sakic couldn't convince him to sign for $6.5 mil, Hall witnessed first hand how good the Avs are.

I do think that it's a strong possibility Hall gets traded at the deadline to the team of his choosing if the Sabres are out of the race. I wonder if he'll get traded if they're in a playoff bubble position, which I wouldn't be surprised if they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad