Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Jeff Skinner signs extension (8 years, $9M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Matt Duchene rn
giphy.gif

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
well. as most folks said, Sabres fans or not; what choice do the sabres have? Maybe it'll be 8.75 and a tad easier to stomach.
a 40 goal scorer who is feisty and draws a Lot of penalties is worth 8 mill all day in this league. If it's 9, then so be it.
If Buffalo says no thanks what will they do with their cap room? EK and all the others are not coming to Buffalo.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Id rather let him walk. If reinhart outscores him, then what? You gotta pony up 10M to him? Same with if Mittlestadt does. I know Skinner is a ufa but still. Its the same thing that happened with the Leafs once they handed Tavares 11M. The sabres just ruined the market for UFA contracts, just like they did for rfa contracts when they overpayed Eichel. The NHLPA must love the Sabres while other teams are going to dispise them.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Honestly he could keep doing what he did last year and im not sure he’s worth 9
I pretty much agree here but if he can average around 40 goals a year it'll be about the only thing that will keep this contract from being atrocious. Skinner is a streaky player and who knows how well he'll play in his 30s. I'm sure they're going to regret the last 2-3 years if not sooner. But Skinner has them over the barrel and I doubt they would be a prime destination for any other good UFAs so they gotta do what they feel they have to do, I guess.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Good for him. I still have his jersey.

Hate that he's staying in the conference though, he scored in all 3 meetings against Carolina this season and will likely continue to do so regardless of what kind of season he is having. At least it is a different division.

Last edited:

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Still....hes not.

I mean he is based on this. Nylander's career high is 2 less than Skinner's and you can expect Nylander to get better whereas what you see is what you get with Skinner.

Skinner scored 40 this year sure, but he shot 4% higher than his career average and was cold for the last half of the season. He's not a superstar player but is being paid like one.

Buffalo has to give him the money though. Can't lose more talent.

Reactions: weems

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
McKenzie has been saying this for like a month I feel like.

But it’ll probably get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad