Contract Termination: [BUF] F Riley Sheahan (Cleared waivers)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Didn’t want to go back to the minors. Oh well. AHL team could have used him. But for call up purposes I’d rather look at a younger guy anyway.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Poor guy. I think he's one of those guys we all knew wasn't very good but we kinda rooted for him anyway.

I wish him well. I hope he finds success in another league.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He started the year injured.
he was sent down
he thrn got called up and played a couple games
Buffalo claims Jost
sends Sheahan back down ( doesn’t need to re- clear waivers based on day/ game counts).
AHL Rochester has had injuries at center this season
He did not report to Rochester
contract terminated

he prolly felts screwed overseeing thrm claim Jost then sending him down

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He started the year injured.
he was sent down
he thrn got called up and played a couple games
Buffalo claims Jost
sends Sheahan back down ( doesn’t need to re- clear waivers based on day/ game counts).
AHL Rochester has had injuries at center this season
He did not report to Rochester
contract terminated

he prolly felts screwed overseeing thrm claim Jost then sending him down
It's not like he was good in the games in Buffalo and not for nothing but 3 assists in 6 games in Rochester is not inspiring, even given how short they are in the middle down there. He should be the last one surprised they made a move.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It's not like he was good in the games in Buffalo and not for nothing but 3 assists in 6 games in Rochester is not inspiring, even given how short they are in the middle down there. He should be the last one surprised they made a move.

i attribute Rochester stats to his injury/ conditioning since he missed a chunk of the preseason

Reactions: njdevils1982

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Onto the next. In limited minutes, Jost has been better in the role he was trying to fill.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Or he already has something better than his $375,000 AHL salary available. Would be a little surprising if a Euro league at this late stage could offer that much to a guy who probably still projects as a grinder even overseas. Or maybe he has invested wisely and kept his finances in order and doesn’t really need the lesser $. :dunno:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Kind of odd that he wouldn't just accept the demotion then.
The Athletic published an article by Matthew Fairburn on this topic.

He'll turn 31 years old in two weeks. He and his wife had their first child in the last year.

He's played in eight different cities in six organizations over the past five years.

He isn't interested in bumping around on busses in the AHL and being away from his young family at this point of his life. They're looking as a family for something with a bit of stability now.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Dude has made $13.5M; I think he made it.

And then there's this.

Or he already has something better than his $375,000 AHL salary available. Would be a little surprising if a Euro league at this late stage could offer that much to a guy who probably still projects as a grinder even overseas. Or maybe he has invested wisely and kept his finances in order and doesn’t really need the lesser $. :dunno:

And this.

He's a professional athlete providing for himself and his family.

The AHL is a developmental league. He's a pro hockey player now, not a prospect looking for development.

It's a different stage of life.

Reactions: kevrondl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad