Proposal: Buf-Col

Sabrefan99

Jun 22, 2014
To Buffalo
1st round pick
Matt Calvert

To Colorado
Taylor Hall (50 percent salary)

Buffalo gets a first round pick and a pending ufa cap dump and Colorado gets a winger they chased in the off season.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
1st of all, the value is off here. Hall is not worth a 1st right now and Calvert is barely cap dump worthy. 2nd - even if Sakic did trade a 1st, he sure as hell wouldn't do it without a goalie coming back as well (or so I'd hope).

Avs pass.

Reactions: Jeff Whelbourn

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
To Buffalo
1st round pick
Matt Calvert

To Colorado
Taylor Hall (50 percent salary)

Buffalo gets a first round pick and a pending ufa cap dump and Colorado gets a winger they chased in the off season.

Taylor Hall is a tough one... he's easily worth a late first as a rental... if he would have even just had a sub-par year. He's been absolutely terrible this year... if Holland gave a first for Hall at the TDL, I would be pissed beyond all belief... especially in this new NHL economic climate.

Reactions: G Backup

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Calvert’s not a cap dump, and I wouldn’t be happy with the Avs giving a 1st for Hall. He’s not exactly the biggest need since the Avs have a pretty good group of wingers, and he’s been appalling this season...and last season vs the Avs in the playoffs he was also completely incompetent (2 points total, looked flat all series, shut out in 4/5 games).

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
As an unbiased fan, I think the OP did a good job here.
Don’t let Avs fans tell you otherwise.

avs fan here and I agree. Calvert is an amazing bottom 6 energy guy but a pending ufa and struggles to string together games, including last years playoffs. Although I don’t think hall is a good idea for our chemistry, I’d easily give a first for him given that the prospect cupboard is pretty deep in Colorado.

Reactions: Leaves34

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
avs fan here and I agree. Calvert is an amazing bottom 6 energy guy but a pending ufa and struggles to string together games, including last years playoffs. Although I don’t think hall is a good idea for our chemistry, I’d easily give a first for him given that the prospect cupboard is pretty deep in Colorado.
You know Hal is a UFA too right?

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Is there any player (cap dump I guess) that Colorado would pair with a 2021 1st for Hall half retained? Or a 2022 1st?

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Laughably bad value from Colorado but Hall will probably waive his NMC for them. Sakic is one of the best GM's in the league. That trade would make him look so bad.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
You’re too kind!!

Just feeling generous today.

Seriously, I think Buffalo will wait it out and do fine as far as Hall. Maybe they'll work a larger deal to get Eichel some help when shipping Hall out.

I mean, I don't follow Buffalo at all, but on paper, they seem to be much better than their record. Add a few pieces and new coaching and next year could be totally different... along with less key injuries.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sakic has yet to trade a first round pick and with Avs having no second round pick this year and next, I suspect he won't start to trade first round picks this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00