OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Lol, another laughably bad managerial decision from Cash. Need a run to extend it, 1st and 2nd with no outs, Arozarena can't hit a beach ball, but let's not bunt those runners to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and two chances to tie or win. Nah, let's have 0-4 Randy swing at bad pitches and then have B. Lowe, who for some inexplicable reason is still on this team, hit into a game ending DP. This team is not close to a contender with a manager like this.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Lol, another laughably bad managerial decision from Cash. Need a run to extend it, 1st and 2nd with no outs, Arozarena can't hit a beach ball, but let's not bunt those runners to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and two chances to tie or win. Nah, let's have 0-4 Randy swing at bad pitches and then have B. Lowe, who for some inexplicable reason is still on this team, hit into a game ending DP. This team is not close to a contender with a manager like this.
Arozarena should have been yanked from the game after that lazy ass effort in the 4th. this team looks like they are still in spring training and benching is an understatement for what should be happening to some of these guys

Reactions: JTBF81

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
That would be completely insane. I’m confident that even if everyone in the Rays front office got drunk and high, they wouldn’t trade two top-60 prospects in the game along with their two most advanced pitching prospects for 2 months of Ohtani. Ain’t no way.

Reactions: Renopucker

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Mead, Manzardo, Brujan, Montgometry, and Wilcox for Ohtani would be a decent package for the Angels to get. Roughly what i would expect to be the value for Ohtani
Brainstorming 9 potential Deadline deals for Ohtani
If Tampa had a real shot at extending him long term, it might be an offer to put out there. Since they don't, it's not worth it to give up all of that for one run with him. Tampa does need to improve though, so if a high level reliever and/or starter is an option, Tampa shouldn't horde all their top prospects. An additional bat such ad Hosmer could also be interesting, but pitching must be addressed. Again, it's great the Rays have had a top 3/top 5 farm for a while now, but there's been nothing of significance to show for it.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hosmer?? Is he even in the bigs?
Hosmer has struggled, and it seems the Cubs released him, so perhaps the Rays should.look.for a different left handed slugger. The point remains that that they could use a left handed bat, and they badly need a starting pitcher and at least one bullpen guy. They've been linked to Lorenzen and Stroman for starting help, and I'm sure they have several bullpen guys they're targeting. If they don't add on the offensive side, it's not the end of the world, but if they do nothing about the pitching situation, they aren't going anywhere in October.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Another terrible loss from the Rays in a pitching matchup they should have won easily. McClanahan was terrible and surprise, surprise, the bullpen gives away another one. It sure would be nice if the Rays had even one pitcher in the dumpster fire bullpen that would come out and fans could be really confident they were getting 3 outs. As soon as Baltimore scored in the 9th since Fairbanks is trash, I turned it off since Baltimore had Bautista and lol at the Rays doing anything against a pitcher like that. It's great to hear Cash say how the pitching is fine lol, maybe he thinks the fans are just oblivious or something. It's also telling that the Rays offense has dropped from 5 runs per game to.just over 3 the last month, but there's no problem there either right....11 days to.do something if they have any interest in winning this year I guess.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Another series loss for the Rays; 10 out of the last 12 not won now. Bradley didn't pitch great, but only gave up 3 runs at least. More ineptitude from the offense and of course, the pile called a bullpen result in yet another L.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Wonder if they're tuning Cash out by now. After their historic start they've become pretty average and don't really look like much of a threat to win a WS. With such a small payroll you have to get it just right and we can't seem to ever do that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I mean i guess this adds to the rotation

Hell no. Hell no. DO NOT shop in the shit bin, fetch me Lance f***ing Lynn and tell me "look what we did" if this is seriously the best this office is gonna do then sell the f***ing team. I have defended Stu Sternberg and Rays ownership long enough. If that's the sum of our aspirations then piss off

Reactions: JTBF81

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hell no. Hell no. DO NOT shop in the shit bin, fetch me Lance f***ing Lynn and tell me "look what we did" if this is seriously the best this office is gonna do then sell the f***ing team. I have defended Stu Sternberg and Rays ownership long enough. If that's the sum of our aspirations then piss off
Agreed. Starting pitching is a position with quite a few names that are expected to be available. Lynn would just about be at the bottom of that list imo, with a terrible 6-9 record, a 6.2 ERA and terrible against lefties, so naturally the Rays seem to be all about him. They can probabaly get him for relatively cheap as far as prospects, so instead of actually moving something of quality to get quality like Stroman, Lorenzen etc, they go for as you alluded to, the bottom of the barrel. The team is already sinking badly, and adding lol Lance Lynn doesn't move the needle at all imo.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Agreed. Starting pitching is a position with quite a few names that are expected to be available. Lynn would just about be at the bottom of that list imo, with a terrible 6-9 record, a 6.2 ERA and terrible against lefties, so naturally the Rays seem to be all about him. They can probabaly get him for relatively cheap as far as prospects, so instead of actually moving something of quality to get quality like Stroman, Lorenzen etc, they go for as you alluded to, the bottom of the barrel. The team is already sinking badly, and adding lol Lance Lynn doesn't move the needle at all imo.

I'm not ready to panic with the Rays just yet. Like yeah this stretch sucks but that's what it is. A stretch. Any help at all should make us a favorite to win it all. I just don't want to see the front office act like a bunch of cheapskates again. Stroman would be great. Another reliever would be great. For God's sake for just once in their lives I'd like to see the Rays not act like a bunch of cheapskates at the deadline. Make a f***ing big boy move and win yourself a title. Don't wait for the Astros to land Ohtani while we act like Lance Lynn is the answer to that.

It's been 17 years since I became a fan. If we cheap out AGAIN I don't think I can do this anymore. Either build the damn ballpark and spend on the team or sell it for $3 billion and give it to someone who will. For once in your life ACTUALLY TRY to win. As soon as the Lightning realized they had nothing to lose they won it twice and went to the promised land a 3rd straight year

But nothing has happened yet and I continue to trust the process for now.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Nice small ball win last night. Third W in their last 11. Fairbanks throwing triple digit to close it was stout. BA had an interesting take on Aroz’s recent struggles at the plate, observing that his swing is longer and bigger than usual, resulting in lack of bat control and contact. We’ve heard from players and coaches in the past that have mentioned that the HR Derby at the all star game might affect players swing paths, etc etc. He certainly took ALOT of big swings during the contest. The Rays need a steady Randy down the stretch, Their current BA with RISP is not nearly good enough to have success in the postseason.

Last edited:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Another laughable effort from the Rays. Bradley is simply not ready for a regular rotation spot, and everyone knows how inept the bullpen is by now. 2 days and change to make at least two big moves if this team is serious about winning a WS(a main AL competitor also just improved again as well with the Rangers acquiring Scherzer).

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Well, they did wind up taking 2 of 3 from the Stros. Bats cam alive, and Astros got sloppy in the field. An additional strong arm in the BP would be much appreciated. Can't run Fairbanks and Adam out there every game. Initially, I thought Siri was just a "hot dog". Now, he looks to me like a full fledged Polish kielbasa. Plays with flavor and panache.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Well, they did wind up taking 2 of 3 from the Stros. Bats cam alive, and Astros got sloppy in the field. An additional strong arm in the BP would be much appreciated. Can't run Fairbanks and Adam out there every game. Initially, I thought Siri was just a "hot dog". Now, he looks to me like a full fledged Polish kielbasa. Plays with flavor and panache.
It was a good series against a quality opponent(for a change), but they need help with both the starting rotation and the bullpen. I haven't heard the extent of Eflin's injury, if any, but they need more than McClanahan, Eflin and Glasnow as mostly reliable starters if they want a deep run. Bradley shouldn't be in a playoff rotation period, and one more quality starter gives them a little depth in case of yet another injury. Flaherty, Stroman, Lorenzen have all been names that I e read them linked to, so hopefully they can get at least one. I was hoping maybe they could've swung Montgomery and Hicks, but they're off the table now. Maybe Hader and Snell could be acquired, if the Padres are selling that is. Less than 48 hours to go.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Rays are just gonna be content to hope and pray Kittredge comes back in full force and settle for Erasmo Ramirez aren't they? That's almost as bad as Lance Lynn. I'm not saying they don't ever make trades. I'm saying this is the most important trade deadline in team history and I am gonna be pissed if they're content to just pick from the shit bin again

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Rays make one needed move and get a good starter in Civale from Cleveland. Now they need to add at least one reliever(preferably two), before tomorrow at 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad