Bryan Trottier

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Once again,,, this isn't a courtroom. You don't need to back up how you "feel" with facts.

{Mod Edit}
Is this another thread you're going to pollute with your idiocy? It's not a courtroom but it's far more pleasant to have rational discussions with context and substance than to simply spout "Trottier is a bad person!" or "Brooklyn sucks!" or "Bailey sucks!" without elaborating. Some of us are actually grown ups, capable of communicating our thoughts and feelings.

{Mod Edit}

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dood

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
It's a ridiculous comment to make. Especially without providing any context. He's an Islander legend who is revered by many for the way he played the game. I don't know him personally but I have never seen/heard/read anything to suggest he's "not a very good person." Whatever that even means...

Trotts' number hangs in the rafters. If you're going to crap all over his character, provide some evidence.

You can apply the same thing to Nystrom who was a huge "jerk" to me when I was 7 or 8 years old (literally)-it was so bad even Gillies called Nystrom out on it...meanwhile he does have the reputation as "Mr. Islander", when in reality his comment basically was disparaging to not only myself-but all Islander fans as a whole. Maybe it was an off day for Bobby? Maybe he really is a jerk and thinks nothing of his/the team's fans? Who knows?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
See? That's your opinion -- and I don't care that you aren't backing it up with facts!

Well done.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You can apply the same thing to Nystrom who was a huge "jerk" to me when I was 7 or 8 years old (literally)-it was so bad even Gillies called Nystrom out on it...meanwhile he does have the reputation as "Mr. Islander", when in reality his comment basically was disparaging to not only myself-but all Islander fans as a whole. Maybe it was an off day for Bobby? Maybe he really is a jerk and thinks nothing of his/the team's fans? Who knows?
I think that anecdotal stories about meeting players are different than simply making baseless accusations.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

How old was Nystrom when you were 7 or 8, he is a nice guy, he helps my brother in law with all his charity work, and he is very personable

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This might be slightly off topic, but I met Captain Kangaroo one time and he was rather surly. Better than Soupy Sales and Sonny Fox though, who were both big ******. Literally.

[okay, I never actually met Soupy and Sonny, but I kinda got that vibe from watching them on TV when I was 5]

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This might be slightly off topic, but I met Captain Kangaroo one time and he was rather surly. Better than Soupy Sales and Sonny Fox though, who were both big ******. Literally.

[okay, I never actually met Soupy and Sonny, but I kinda got that vibe from watching them on TV when I was 5]
Soupy Sales? You old bastard.:naughty:

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
i met trotts when he was an assistant with the pens ... after a practice in miami i walked right onto the team bus with my islander plaque and asked him to sign it ... he was cool and the rest of the coaching staff just looked at me like this kid doesn't gaf ... :D...

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
How old was Nystrom when you were 7 or 8, he is a nice guy, he helps my brother in law with all his charity work, and he is very personable

93 or 94 (not sure how old Nynstrom would have been back then). I was at an autograph signing and it was the 2nd or 3rd time I had met Nystrom...so I told him that. Right in front of me he turns to Gillies and says “like I would care to remember who these people are”, and chuckled. Gillies responded him by calling him the nickname for the name “Richard”. As I said I was 7 or 8 at the time.

Obviously as a grown adult now I realize I was being a naive kid-but I don’t respect anybody who would behave that way toward a young fan. Sometimes when. People say you don’t actually want to meet your heroes they are correct.

It’s not like I was bothering him randomly either-it was an autograph signing that my dad had paid for..

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
93 or 94 (not sure how old Nynstrom would have been back then). I was at an autograph signing and it was the 2nd or 3rd time I had met Nystrom...so I told him that. Right in front of me he turns to Gillies and says “like I would care to remember who these people are”, and chuckled. Gillies responded him by calling him the nickname for the name “Richard”. As I said I was 7 or 8 at the time.

Obviously as a grown adult now I realize I was being a naive kid-but I don’t respect anybody who would behave that way toward a young fan. Sometimes when. People say you don’t actually want to meet your heroes they are correct.

It’s not like I was bothering him randomly either-it was an autograph signing that my dad had paid for..

That is weird, he may not be kid friendly, Nystrom is a good pretty guy, he goes to my brother in law's Alzhiemer's fundraisers all the time and he really just doesn't like to talk about Hockey... Marshall Faulk goes and he hates talking about football...

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
That is weird, he may not be kid friendly, Nystrom is a good pretty guy, he goes to my brother in law's Alzhiemer's fundraisers all the time and he really just doesn't like to talk about Hockey... Marshall Faulk goes and he hates talking about football...

Could be. Maybe he was having a bad day, or maybe he's matured with age? Who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad