Value of: Bruins young defensemen: Vaakanainen, Clifton, Lauzon, or Zboril

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What can you say about those players? Floor, ceiling? Players you think they would be most likr best case scenario?

I have no interest in Palmieri, altho other Bruins fans may disagree. I'm trying to stick to strictly young player with potential for young player with potential for the sake of the thread. (Yes, I know they could be dealt for something else, just familiarizing myself with other teams players in that category that could be available)

Kuokkanen likely settles in as a top nine forward coaches love. He’s a smart player that’s solid defensively. Makes a lot of quick smart passes to create scoring chances or move the puck up the ice quickly. He’s the player you don’t notice, but is a big reason why his linemates are constantly driving the play.

Sharangovich is similar to Kuokkanen but he likes to shoot the puck a lot and not as good in tight and along the boards.

Maltsev is a big forward with some deceptively good hands. Strong defensively and capable of skating the puck up the ice. Probably settles in as a reliable bottom six defensive forward that will flash some skill occasionally to create scoring chances. Reminds me of a Dainius Zubrus-lite.

McLeod is your classic energy forward. He’ll work his ass off every shift but sometimes is too energetic for his own good. He’s the center version of Miles Wood essentially.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
Athanasiou has been really good for the Kings this year. Would Bruins fans do something around him for Lauzon? We need some size and bite on defense.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Athanasiou has been really good for the Kings this year. Would Bruins fans do something around him for Lauzon? We need some size and bite on defense.

I would think Lauzon would be the least likely to be moved. Not because he has a higher ceiling than the others, but because Gryz, Zboril, Vaak and Achan all play a skating based game and Lauzon isn’t redundant in style.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Really, Palmieri would seem to be one of those classic Eastern Conference forwards who would fit in the Bruins just fine.

I think it’s more that Bruins fans don’t feel SUPER confident in the club this year with all the injuries and would prefer someone with more term and that wouldn’t require re-signing a 30 year old to a long term
deal to get that term.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would imagine Devils would try to pluck one of those guys in a hypothetical Palmieri trade.

If not, I could see the Devils making a swap sending a forward for a defender. Kuokkanen, Sharangovich, and Maltsev probably won’t get dealt after their strong showings this year, same for McLeod.

Seney, Boqvist, and Merkley would be the three most likely to get dealt in a swap deal, but it’s hard to gauge where their value is at.

yes plz on Sharangovich

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I highly doubt he’s available. If he was it would be for a drastic improvement on defense. For example I’d try to target a Carlo, I wouldn’t swap him for a lateral move on D.

totally understandable, he impresses the hell out of me when I watch him against the Bruins. Doesn’t necessarily always end up on the stat sheet but he seems to be everywhere out there

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
totally understandable, he impresses the hell out of me when I watch him against the Bruins. Doesn’t necessarily always end up on the stat sheet but he seems to be everywhere out there

But obviously he is a secondary piece in a deal for someone of Carlo’s stature.

Reactions: CDJ

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I’d hate to see Carlo leave. He’s young and still developing with #1 written all over him. Keep him and in a few years when we can’t afford McAvoy anymore then Brandon will be the new leader.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I’d hate to see Carlo leave. He’s young and still developing with #1 written all over him. Keep him and in a few years when we can’t afford McAvoy anymore then Brandon will be the new leader.

You must be kidding me. Brandon Carlo is a number 4 Dman, he hits nobody, he is weak in front of the net, he is mediocre offensively. Nice stick and can skate, but an Average Dman....Thinking he can step in for McAvoy, tells me you must only be joking....Ha Ha...Imagine Carlo stepping in for McAvoy. I just cant.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
You must be kidding me. Brandon Carlo is a number 4 Dman, he hits nobody, he is weak in front of the net, he is mediocre offensively. Nice stick and can skate, but an Average Dman....Thinking he can step in for McAvoy, tells me you must only be joking....Ha Ha...Imagine Carlo stepping in for McAvoy. I just cant.

Agreed he's not a #1 now or likely any time in the future, but he's a great #3 or solid #2. Absolutely not average.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Two different style players.............get over yourself

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yes...One is great and one is very average........Try and recognize what everyone else knows....Carlo cant carry his jock strap.
Do you watch the games ? No one said Carlo was better than McAvoy, but he is far from average.......Did he piss in your cheerios or did he sign a autograph for some kid and not you get over man........ and another thing get out of mom's basement it is time.....

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad