Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XVI - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Why not Nyquist for Krug. Nyquist needs to be signed. His cap now is 4.75 till the end of this year. Krug is 5.25 but has another year. Krug is from the Detroit area. We have Moore who can step in, bigger and better in his own end.
If its Krug I wasnt Mantha coming the other way. Nyquist for Krug will bite us in the butt for sure.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why not Nyquist for Krug. Nyquist needs to be signed. His cap now is 4.75 till the end of this year. Krug is 5.25 but has another year. Krug is from the Detroit area. We have Moore who can step in, bigger and better in his own end.

I doubt the Bruins want to deal a core player off their roster at the deadline.

I'd be Stunned if they dealt Krug at the deadline

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
We would love Hoffman here, he is a great player and from everything I heard it wasnt even his GF that was causing all the issues in OTT. He would be a scoring threat on the second line and the second pp.

Hoffman is a left winger so is Kreider for that matter. Why are still looking for apples when we need oranges

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Great movie. Would recommend.

giphy.gif

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The speculation in why Stone turned down Dorion's offer is the bonus money, the guaranteed cash. Melnyk cannot afford that right now. If Jacobs opens his wallet and gives an 8 million 8 year contract with mostly bonus money(ala Matthews) then I think its good for both parties.

I can see Boston doing that.

The reason Sweeney is not pushing hard on Stone atm(according to reports) maybe he is not sufficiently convinced Stone will resign. Why invest so heavily in an uncertain commodity?

I would rather they sit out on Stone and go after Hall in UFA at the end of next season(of course our team is older then, not sure we should wait that long.)

Also,

Keep seeing Palmieri mentioned. I have not seen anything stating he is being shopped or even looked into. Is this HFBoards talk or does it have a legit source?

If im stone i want minimum jamie benn/tyler seguin money.

If im settle for 8 mill it would only be a 2-3 year deal

Numbers are rising so fast you cant lock into an 8 year deal that is already 10 mill below market the day you sign it

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don’t think so, he had his moments. Made some good plays imo. The only thing I see Simmonds having over Kovi is being physical and fighting.

I`ll disagree about Kovy`s game and I think some here believe Simmonds is a guy who`ll still drop the mitts plenty, just isn`t true, think he`s had 2 this year and 3-4 last year, hardly a guy who does much of it any longer and his physical game isn`t terribly productive any longer as he often can`t keep up to the play to put the body on an opponent.

Can`t dismiss that he`s still very good along the wall and a beast to move in front of the net but his game is nowhere close to where it was only a few short years ago and I think too many here are ignoring that

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You add Simmonds to third line RW if you already have Stone in top 6

Donny!!!!

Mark Stone fits your team like no other - still can’t understand why Winnipeg is in the hunt based on their roster and big deals coming up

A Stone
B Hoffman

Going to lose it July 4 if no Stone or Hall

This. It just doesn't make sense unless you're not resigning Trouba and you're going to play hardball with one of Laine or Connor.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
You think he would be a -20 player for the Bruins?

His +\- on a bad Phily team is irrelevant.

Why even bring this up?

I like simmonds’ style of play but he has never once been a positive +/- guy in his career. His playoff stats, although a relatively small sample, are not great. He has also been out of the first round only once over his career. Add all this to his steady decline and it tells me he’s not the RW2 we need.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Maybe because Melnyk is an a******** who simply wants to cut his nose to spite his face?!?! He (seems to me) is TRYING to give Stone to Winnipeg because he simply doesn't want the B's to get him PERIOD! It's counterproductive and backwards to not take the best offer and run but this guy IMO is a stubborn SOB!

To be fair, the Bruins have been sending there stars to the western conference (and mostly pacific time) for decades.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

We keep our pick
Well, Nyquist is having his first real consistently good season just prior to hitting UFA, or at least he was until he started slumping during February. I'm sure his lack of consistency and his current slump are just noise when considering the very productive three months of hockey he played to start the season, though.

That stuff probably doesn't matter when you consider the Bruins' powerplay will go right into the toilet once Krug is gone, just as it usually does when he's injured.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Hoffman is a left winger so is Kreider for that matter. Why are still looking for apples when we need oranges

I guess the team feels it doesnt have a 3rd line lw with scoring punch?

Popular thinking these days is you find pairs to play instead of trios. 2 linemates make the line... 3rd guy supports

That would mean heinen stays with bergy/marchand i guess

Pastrnak and krejci try to find chemistry with debrusk

And the new lw is meant for coyle

I personally wouldnt go this direction. But if we are shopping for lw i suppose it means the team is considering it

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well, Nyquist is having his first real consistently good season just prior to hitting UFA, or at least he was until he started slumping during February. I'm sure his lack of consistency and his current slump are just noise when considering the very productive three months of hockey he played to start the season, though.

That stuff probably doesn't matter when you consider the Bruins' powerplay will go right into the toilet once Krug is gone, just as it usually does when he's injured.
Acciari can man the point in TK`s absence:sarcasm:

Reactions: BlackFrancis

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Backes drops to 3ish? next year and most likely bought out?? Not sure BFS. :huh:

Backes will NEVER be bought out. The way his contract is structured makes a buy out dumb. His cap hit is 6 million. Full stop. In REAL salary next year he has a 3 million dollar bonus and 1 million salary. And the next year its the reverse. The thinking goes "if you pay the bonus, that only 5 million over two years in real dollars". Maybe a team that doesn't spend to the cap could be interested in paying Backes 5 million over two years for bottom 6 leadership?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Let's put it another way. Before they go out and pay someone from outside the organization $10+ million/year, they'd better be sure that it won't cause problems with Bergeron/Marchand.

Why would the B’s signing a great player to help the team win a Cup “cause problems” with Bergeron/Marchand?

Hey guys, we were going to acquire a stud RW for your line for the next few years, but passed because we figured you would be upset that he’s making more money.

Oh well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Why would the B’s signing a great player to help the team win a Cup “cause problems” with Bergeron/Marchand?

Hey guys, we were going to acquire a stud RW for your line for the next few years, but passed because we figured you would be upset that he’s making more money.

Oh well.
Precisely, Bergy and Marchand, he**, everyone in that dressing room wants to win, the dollars deposited on pay day, I would argue, mean squat

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wayne Simmonds has scored five goals since Christmas.

Jake DeBrusk has scored five goals in the last two weeks.
Laine scored 5 goals in a game and then went 2 months with only 4. Simmonds isn't a bad bet to contribute in the playoffs this year. As others have said, real risk is you fall in love with someone you should only be dating short term and resign him to contract you will absolutely regret.

Reactions: wintersej

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Well I know it's a gamble but we need to pony up. Mac has shown a dramatic rise in his offensive game and Grizz and Moore can chip in. The biggest thing is we make a hockey trade and keep our pick for whatever they end up doing with it.

Or include Krug in with a Stone offer, they get leadership and Eriksson lite, gets us out of some salary if we can sign him for 9 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad