Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
This Generals team is a league above Kingston. Not a big game from Studnicka but from what I’ve seen he makes a lot of really smooth plays, and generally makes the right plays. He also turns defense to offense pretty quickly.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I wonder if Fitzgerald gets a look sometime this season? I wish I had better access to Prov games. His stat line looks pretty good for his development, but that's all I can really reference.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Looks like Studnicka has a decent shot but is not a lock for Team Canada
Keyser will be fighting for the starting job as US goalie, not considered the favorite at the moment. Always the underdog.
Finland praying Vaakanainen will be recovered in time. I assume the B's would make him available.
Lauko a lock for Czech, Bukac also a possibility
Shen penciled in as first-line center for Russia

So as many as six or as few as two B's prospects at the WJC this year.

BruinsNetwork

The exact type of player that I’ve seen fans and media calling for in Boston, one with size, speed, skating & skill, is right here in Providence.

I know the stats don’t scream “NHL-caliber, top-six winger with size,” but hopefully my clips and highlights paint a better picture for those who don’t get to watch Senyshyn play that much.

With everything he’s doing in these clips, could you imagine the potential a line of DeBrusk, Krejci and Senyshyn should bring to the table?

DeBrusk is a left-shot who like to crash the net and streak towards it. Imagine the right-shot Senyshyn beating his defenders to the outside and distributing the puck to a streaking DeBrusk.

Watch what Senyshyn does with and without the puck. Watch where he gravitates towards in each zone. Watch where he passes from and looks to pass to. Watch his work behind the net and low along the boards. While I don’t think he’s 100-percent ready, these are the reasons I really do think that Senyshyn would mesh well at 2RW next to Krejci and DeBrusk right now.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Nice to see Senyshyn embracing the grind and not afraid to get his nose dirty. God, his speed is incredible.

Reactions: BiGBear8

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

The exact type of player that I’ve seen fans and media calling for in Boston, one with size, speed, skating & skill, is right here in Providence.

I know the stats don’t scream “NHL-caliber, top-six winger with size,” but hopefully my clips and highlights paint a better picture for those who don’t get to watch Senyshyn play that much.

With everything he’s doing in these clips, could you imagine the potential a line of DeBrusk, Krejci and Senyshyn should bring to the table?

DeBrusk is a left-shot who like to crash the net and streak towards it. Imagine the right-shot Senyshyn beating his defenders to the outside and distributing the puck to a streaking DeBrusk.

Watch what Senyshyn does with and without the puck. Watch where he gravitates towards in each zone. Watch where he passes from and looks to pass to. Watch his work behind the net and low along the boards. While I don’t think he’s 100-percent ready, these are the reasons I really do think that Senyshyn would mesh well at 2RW next to Krejci and DeBrusk right now.

thanks for the clips. Really makes me wonder why he hasn't been at least given a chance.

Reactions: FanSince72

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
thanks for the clips. Really makes me wonder why he hasn't been at least given a chance.

Well we have other guys that we rushed to the big time and outside of DeBrusk, they all seem to be struggling. Maybe Boston wants to take a different approach with Senyshyn? Either that or they don't want to feed him to the wolves quite yet and by wolves I mean the fans. This kid goes one shift with out scoring a goal and some fans will demand we burn down TD Garden.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nice to see Senyshyn embracing the grind and not afraid to get his nose dirty. God, his speed is incredible.

See, I have a huge problem with this. Why should he "embrace the grind" when he's got enough skill to not have to play that way?

I used to think Claude was behind this organization's obsession with "playing a complete 200 foot game" before letting these guys get a shot, but since Julien has been gone for a few years, I see now that it's institutional. And you know what? It's completely misguided. Other teams have no problem letting young guys come up and let them play to their strengths without changing everything about them. Not here though. And I think this is a huge reason why they've sucked at the draft. They may or may not have made the right call, but where they're truly gone wrong is how they try to develop the players.

Even if they had taken Barzal or Conner instead of Senyshyn, who's to say either of those guys would be close to what they are on other teams because of the B's insistence on this 200 foot game crap. Not everyone can or has the ability to be Patrice Bergeron. You can't simply throw away a prospects values and remake their entire game from the ground up because you want them to play like 37. But they do. And it's on them.

Reactions: Smitty93 and Estlin

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Well we have other guys that we rushed to the big time and outside of DeBrusk, they all seem to be struggling. Maybe Boston wants to take a different approach with Senyshyn? Either that or they don't want to feed him to the wolves quite yet and by wolves I mean the fans. This kid goes one shift with out scoring a goal and some fans will demand we burn down TD Garden.

Maybe they want to be like Detroit used to be, letting guys really cook in the minors until they were fully done. It’s a good model, though it seems like Detroit was usually a Cup threat and we’re usually not.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Maybe they want to be like Detroit used to be, letting guys really cook in the minors until they were fully done. It’s a good model, though it seems like Detroit was usually a Cup threat and we’re usually not.

We haven’t let guys “cook” quite as well either?!?

The Bruins have to be at the top of the list for the most games played by rookies over the last 2-3 years?

HF Boards at its finest in the last 10 posts:

“We need Senyshyn up he would be the saviour”

Next post

“We have to many guys like Heinen Donato and JFK that aren’t ready we need to trade for Chris Stewart”.

As far as I’m concerned the Bruins are doing just fine. I hope Sweeney doesn’t suffer the same fate as Hextall...

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

The Bruins have to be at the top of the list for the most games played by rookies over the last 2-3 years?

Next post

“We have to many guys like Heinen Donato and JFK that aren’t ready we need to trade for Chris Stewart”.

As far as I’m concerned the Bruins are doing just fine. I hope Sweeney doesn’t suffer the same fate as Hextall...

It’s just a theory I was considering. I don’t want Sweeney gone either.

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Denis Gurianov has really taken off this year. He was the guy Dallas grabbed right before our three picks. He is a big guy (6'3 200lbs) who skates extremely well...only 34 points in 74 games (26 in 66 for Shenyshyn) in the AHL last year and now has 25 points in 21 games in the AHL this season and presumably will get the call soon. Just a reminder that development is not linear..now Gurianov is probably more skilled, a better playmaker then Shenyshyn but both big/fast guys from the same draft class who it was assumed would take a couple of years of development. Shenyshyn on pace for 25 goals but wouldn't be shocked if that trends up.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
yes always had great speed I saw him play with the sault greyhounds love to see him get a crack with the bruins.

Reactions: PB37

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

Next post

that's quite the generalization of posters.
I clearly don't think Senyshyn is a saviour I simply wonder why guys like Acciari and Wagner continue to play. I don't mind letting Senyshyn play longer in A but clearly he has some offensive capabilities while the previously two mentioned have none.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
that's quite the generalization of posters.
I clearly don't think Senyshyn is a saviour I simply wonder why guys like Acciari and Wagner continue to play. I don't mind letting Senyshyn play longer in A but clearly he has some offensive capabilities while the previously two mentioned have none.

this is true. They can't even score on an empty net. Though have 5 goalpost hits a piece

does that count?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
See, I have a huge problem with this. Why should he "embrace the grind" when he's got enough skill to not have to play that way?

I used to think Claude was behind this organization's obsession with "playing a complete 200 foot game" before letting these guys get a shot, but since Julien has been gone for a few years, I see now that it's institutional. And you know what? It's completely misguided. Other teams have no problem letting young guys come up and let them play to their strengths without changing everything about them. Not here though. And I think this is a huge reason why they've sucked at the draft. They may or may not have made the right call, but where they're truly gone wrong is how they try to develop the players.

Even if they had taken Barzal or Conner instead of Senyshyn, who's to say either of those guys would be close to what they are on other teams because of the B's insistence on this 200 foot game crap. Not everyone can or has the ability to be Patrice Bergeron. You can't simply throw away a prospects values and remake their entire game from the ground up because you want them to play like 37. But they do. And it's on them.

You recently just witnessed 2 players get plenty of chances in Bjork and Donato. Out the gate we knew they weren't two way savant's. They got plenty of chances and clearly it didn't stick right away.

Pure speculation, but I feel like Senyshyn was just verrry far behind in a all around game. So they decided to force him to implement some 2way things before giving him that shot. Sure feel free to disagree with that organizational choice. But you can't learn without doing it. I feel like they've chosen a long term plan and are sticking with it. This is giving him the best chance to succeed and stick at the next level cause there aren't any one trick ponies in the NHL. If they called him up last year he would have taken the puck wide 12 times in a game, failed, and that's probably it. I'm hoping if/when he gets called up he can bring a few more tools to the table along with what we know he's good at.

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad